“Good choice”
Review of Fresh City

Fresh City
Ranked #46 of 59 Restaurants in Windsor Locks
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Often times when you are outside of an airport, you can find a decent restaurant when you see the police eating there. In an airport, it is not so much the police, but the flight crews that seem to find the better places. This Fresh City is no different. It is located in Hartford Bradley International Airport (BDL) and as we were looking for a place to eat, we noticed a couple of pilots eating there. The menu board is right behind the counter and they do offer a pretty varied menu for an airport. They offer smoothies, burritos, salads, wraps, sandwiches and rice bowls, among other things. We split a rice bowl and it was the perfect size for two of us, as we were waiting for a departure due to a delay. The prices are typical airport prices and the service was efficient.

Reviewed March 29, 2016

I have stopped by this Fresh City a few times before catching a flight out of the airport.

I like their rice bowls and the portions are decent for the prices.

The service is fast which is great when you have a flight to catch.

Reviewed November 5, 2015

Never ate here before, thought it looked good, ordered the Thai rice bowl with shrimp, lady said it would be ten minute wait, so I waited for the shrimp to cook I assume, everything was good but the rice was crunchy and hard, not all of it but maybe 10 percent, you know your enjoying your meal and whamo a hard piece of rice right on your teeth. I know it is airport prices but for 11.00 rice bowl you think it would be better prepared

Reviewed May 4, 2015 via mobile

I don't generally review branches of chains, because what's the point? But this one was particularly bad. I had a Laredo burrito (the regular one). The burrito was a weird mix of warm (beans, rice) and cold (cheese, salsa). The cheese was shredded, orange, and un-melted. The worst thing was that the salsa was tangy (not spicy), as in partially fermented. From now on I'm sticking to the pizza place at BDL.

1  Thank shirleyotis
Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

We rushed through security to the gates as per usual and I was pleased to see a healthy option in the food mall area. The menu was flexible with several appealing options for low cal and low carb meals. I went for Tuscany wrap with added grilled chicken and an "Island Breeze" flavored smoothie at the suggestion of the counter staff. The wrap was not so tasty or memorable and I wish I had followed my own taste on the smoothie flavor.
The most disappointing part of the experience was the interaction with the counter staff. They were efficient enough, but there was constant "unprofessional" banter between staff members which was distracting and unnecessary to patrons....loud, constant goings on. I understand an airport fast food eatery will not have a five star wait staff, but this was beyond normal expectations.
I still recommend a stop here as it is the best quick choice to meet dietary needs, but I urge the management to cover again proper service decorum with their staff.

1  Thank nofam4