“Great breakfast and superb service”

Gathering Ground Restauarant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Found them on Trip Advisor. Stopped in 15 minutes before closing. Ordered my favorite omelette, home fries and corned beef hash. Served up quickly and everything cooked to perfection, probably the best CBH I’ve ever had. Despite being closing time they brewed a decaf for me to finish at my leisure plus one for the road. Definitely coming back when I’m up in the Windsor Locks area!

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a few days in Windsor locks and this restaurant was one of two recommended to us for breakfast
The food was good, freshly cooked and they were quite happy to adapt portion sizes to suit.
If we are ever back in this area the Gathering grounds is on my list of places to go back to

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Another great place for breakfast. The waiters and waitresses are outstanding here!!! The place is great for a quiet breakfast or lunch. Very clean and quick service!!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Perfect eggs with home made hash and with hot italian sausage. Friendly attentive service is the topping.
Do NOT miss this place!

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

My son and I were staying in Windsor Locks for a couple of days in a local hotel. We are the "free" breakfast our first morning. That was a tremendous disappointment. Our second morning we looked on TripAdvisor for anything decent close by. We found the Gathering Ground restaurant. It's a local diner off the main road. We seated ourselves right away and were served beverages right away. The menu is typical breakfast fare. My son ordered pancakes which were so huge he could only eat one. I had an omelette and it was excellent. The home fries were really good too. If you need a really great breakfast place in Windsor Locks, give it a shot.