“Never in winter”

Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Windsor Locks
Reviewed 20 February 2017

If you need heat at night, this is not your place. When we checked into the room the temperature was sixty seven degrees. No matter what we did to the thermostat we could not get the heat to go on. The next morning when we awoke, the temperature was sixty five degrees. Every hotel you visit has a complementary breakfast of some sort. Not this one. The have a little store when you can BUY breakfast items. I stay in Connecticut a lot, near Bradley International Airport. Last time here.

Room Tip: Stay away from this facility.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Alan M,

Thank you for choosing our brand and going out of your way to leave us your insights. I am sorry to hear that the heating system had little effect in making the room warm. Rest assured our team will look into the matter and resolve it accordingly.

We aim to provide a better and memorable experience especially for our IHG Rewards Club Members like you. Thank you for your patronage and we hope we get the pleasure of hosting you on your next visit to the area.

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 November 2016

First time staying at this hotel, and was very pleased with the staff, and the hotel in general. The room was clean, and had everything someone might need in a suite, with a complete kitchen. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel in general was quiet.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 142kristinak
Reviewed 30 October 2016

This is a very nice clean, comfortable and modern hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Andrea at the front desk is a superstar and went out of her way to give good customer service. They have a well stocked little store and a great business center. Will be back.

Room Tip: Ask about the famous Sliders deli around the corner. I cannot think of the name but Andrea will tell...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2016

It's clean free reliable wifi they don't have breakfast but they offer a coupon for the hotel mini store. They have a shuttle and free laundry (big deal to me I travel constantly for work), there is also a kitchenette and the staff I encountered were nice and personable they allow pets my cat was warmly received. I don't smoke but they have those rooms available.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank dreaming_0f_beaches
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear dreaming_0f_beaches,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you found our hotel clean and the laundry service convenient. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I travel for a living and am very good about not leaving items in hotel rooms. However, I left my BOSE Noise cancelling earbuds plugged in and forgot them until the next day. I called the front desk and someone had turned them in to Lost and Found! I was SO grateful! They shipped them to me Cash On Delivery via USPS and I picked them up three days later. THANK YOU for having honest and excellent staff!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2016

The evening reception manager was awesome! She helped with information about the hotel and the breakfast coupon offered. She also provided a iPhone charger for use while on site - priceless. The maintenance staff helped with regulating the room temperature upon arrival to my comfort. The studio King on the second floor was roomy and provided a comfortable stay. There were DVDs in a lending library if you were interested in taking one out. All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: A second or third floor room will be quiet it seems; I had no problem with noise from nearby airport...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank NYSeasonedTraveler
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor post. We are so happy that you chose to share your experience with us. We hope if you are travelling in our area again you will choose our Candlewood Suites. Thank you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Stayed in one bedroom queen. Hotel convenient to airport, dining establishments and DD. Large parking lot. Plenty of parking. Stayed on the second floor. One elevator but chose to use the stairs. The room amenities were standard Candlewood fare and the room was cool upon arrival. Everything about the room was fine.

Three issues that got me disheartened was during my 3PM check-in, a worker refused to stop mopping the tiny tile floor located right where you stand to check in. I had to step around him and then once I was anchored, he continued mopping right around me. I felt this was rude and very disturbing as I could not give me full attention to the nice clerk checking me in.

Second issue was my attempt to park on the side and then open the outside door with my key was apparently not possible in this hotel. You had to enter through one door and then another door to the pool and then out another door to the stairwell and then out another door to the stairs. They had the easy door alarmed so you had to walk through the pool with your bags. Very inconvenient. Never seen anything like it before.

A couple of days later I discovered I left my bill on the floor of the room or forgot to pick it up at front desk on way out and called at 10:00AM a day later and the front desk person could not be bothered and put me through to someone else who said on their answering machine they were the sales office. Why would sales be sending me my bill? Again quite lazy and rude.

Later in the evening the front desk clerk was able to handle my request to simply e-mail my bill without having to transfer me or dump me into sales. She was very helpful. I will not be staying again and will choose another hotel, especially I usually just stay one or two nights at a time.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank panther61
J C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience online. I want to apologize that upon check in they were still polishing the lobby floors. We have our tile floors deep cleaned and polished four times a year and unfortunately they were still working on them on the day you checked in. I will be sharing your comments in order to improve this procedure. In regards to the exit doors some are just emergency doors and can not be accessed with a guest room key due to fire code. The far side door is only an emergency door. I am sorry that this was an inconvenience. Lastly, I apologize that the staff member on in the morning could not immediately help you when you called for your receipt. Check outs in the morning can be very heavy and that is typically when a receipt request would be put to our sales office. I understand your frustration and will discuss this with our team to try and find a better solution. We would love for you to stay with us again. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the general manager. Again, thank you for taking the time to post and let us know where improvement is needed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor Locks
0.1 km away
Days Inn Windsor Locks - Bradley International Airport
1.4 km away
Hampton Inn Hartford / Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks? Share your experiences!