Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$77
FindHotel
PricelineUS$90
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2018

The Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Wolcott CT was not the least expensive option, but it was conveniently located for our needs. We paid $70 for our one-night stay. The only good thing I can say is that the fellow at the front desk was friendly.

Knowing that this was a low-cost option, we didn't expect much - a bed, a bathroom, basic services - but even these were lacking. My husband requested extra pillows and was told that they did not have any. Upon check-in, the sheets were dirty, the bed was poorly made (blanket was between the sheets, not on top), and there were several hairs on the towels. The mattress was quite old and not at all comfortable.

When we checked in, a commercial Bunn coffee maker was evident in the lobby. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room (a plus!), but no coffee maker and not even an alarm clock. In the morning I went to the lobby for coffee but was told they did not have any, so I had to drive two miles to the nearest coffee shop.

There was a door marked 'Ice and Vending Machines.' I entered the room and the smell of mold was so overpowering, I quickly left, but not before I noted that the ice machine was not functional and the vending machine was mostly empty.

When I brushed my teeth in the bathroom sink, the taste of the water was so foul, I was glad that I had brought some mouthwash.

I strongly recommend that the management work on improving the issues above and that future guests avoid this hotel until major improvements have been made.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Not long after we checked in my BF and I left this discussing place. We discovered our pillow cases and sheets were covered in stains and burn holes. Our mattress pad was torn in several places and had even more stains. Soon after this discovery, we noticed the dried pee drops all over the toilet and floor! Absolutely disgusting! I was denied a complete refund since I failed to inform them within the first hour. . We were not even there for two hours! Do not stay here it is VILE!!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2017

Called prior to ice rain and sleet to confirm arrival. Upon arrival entire parking lot was not salted. Dangerous to get out of car. Heat was not turned on so room was extremely cold and freezing water from faucets. Reserved 2 rooms and in one room it never got heated. Two families had to be cramed in one room. To top it off no compensation was given for room that was never used.

Room tip: The rooms should always be ready to get comfortable upon arrival. In the winter rooms should be warm and in the summer the rooms should be cool. The reason for reservations is to assure comfort.
Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Room was sub par. The microwave was not clean. The bed was okay. The door was a little damage. The key did not work at first.
The service was okay. There was no continental breakfast. The door stuck. They cleaned the bathroom and empty the garbage.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

First of there was no one around to help with check in. It said please ring bell for service, well the two wires hanging out of the wall really didn't help. So after standing around waiting for 15 minutes I finally managed to check in.
At first glance the room seemed adequate enough but after being in there 10 minutes I was kind of disappointed. Burn holes in the carpet, stained sheets and a fusty smell. The stained sheets bothered me the most so I slept in my clothes on top of them.
Upon checking out, again no one around and with the bell not being wired I stood around for another 15 minutes. I guess I made a loud enough noise as someone actually got up off the floor from behind the counter.
Will not revisit. R