“I hate to tell you how good this place is”

A Slice of the Bronx Pizza & Italian Fare
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Wolcott
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Italian
Description: Family owned & operated since 2012. We use only the best ingredients and finest of Italian cheeses. We strive to serve locally grown produce as well as prodects farmed in the US. We prepare all items in house and fresh to order. Dine-in, BYOB, Take-out, and catering. Delivery to all of Wolcott, East Waterbury, Plantsville, Milldale, Marion, & West Cheshire. We are open on Sunday's Labor Day through Memorial Day. 12 Noon to 8pm.
Reviewed 28 January 2017

A Facebook friend posted about this restaurant raving about the food. My wife and I decided to take a drive on a Saturday and have lunch at A Slice of the Bronx. It is in a small strip mall and you have to look for it. It is small restaurant, but nicely furnished and not what you might expect considering the other stores in the mall. They have four booths, high backed and made of dark stained wood--very attractive. There a few smaller tables, but this is a small place and a reservation on a busy night is a must.

Our waiter, Kyle, was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. He was also extremely proud of his restaurant. He informed us that almost everything served there was made on premises and that they used only the best ingredients available to them.

We had heard great things about their pizza so we each ordered an individual pie. Mine was topped with Italian sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni. My wife had pepperoni, black olives and onion. While we waited, Kyle brought us garlic knots with the house sauce. The knots were excellent and the sauce was to die for. Smooth, flavorful and not acidy at all. What a good start.

The pies were both wonderful. The mozzarella was from Luzzi's in North Haven. It was incredible. My toppings were excellent. The pizza was flavorful and just oily enough. This was thin crust style as you would expect. I find that when making a small individual pie, they are never able to get the dough as thin as when making a large one. That was the case here, but it was still extremely good and I enjoyed every bite.

Believe it or not, we did order dessert. I had their cannoli which was made just moments before it was served so the shell was crisp and the filling chilled. My wife had a Bismarck. She thought it was terrific.

Kyle treated us to a description of many of the other dinner dishes that they serve. While we ate we could hear the chef pounding veal for that night's dinner crowd. They will have a great many thin veal cutlets based on the amount of work we observed.

This is a restaurant in which the staff clearly takes great pride in their food and service. I hate to tell you how good this place is because it is so small and I want to be able to get back in. Soon!!!

1  Thank MeridenTravelers

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Recently eat there with friends, gourmet food in a stripmall, Don't be in a hurry because the food is all cooked to order. But the wait was worth it. All of the dishes were delirious. I am a Pepe's thin pizza lover and spyed their pizza. I'm anxious to return and try it.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

The food is excellent. Outstanding weekly specials. One of our family's favorite restaurants. The wait staff are friendly and extremely helpful when questions arise as to the menu. Prices are quite reasonable and the portions are more than adequate

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Went last night and had a delicious dinner. Ordered two specials, pumpkin ravioli and the lamb. Both were very good! Salad was good sized and the garlic knots were so tasty. The owner came over and spent some time talking to us which was nice. Everyone was very attentive to our needs. Saw lots of other delicious items on the menu so we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

Ordered the Bronx supreme after eating once before here and thinking it'd be worth a shot to try one of their specialty pizzas. The pizza with their name on it. Doesn't list peppers, but does list onions. Ok, we like onions and hate peppers on pizza. Perfect. Picked up. Got home. Peppers and no onions. Giving this two because the server was courteous and polite and gave the refund, but when I have to drive there, Home, Back, And home again, because you got a specialty pie of yours wrong, not worth a second shot. They're either not making enough of it or don't know their own menu. Picked up a pie from new haven pizza across town, and it was worth the trip.

1  Thank Kevin M