See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

I guess my boss thinks its funny but my company put me up four three nights in this place. Habib and Dottie works the front desk makes the bed cleans the linens there the only workers here. The place was clean but there seems to be alot of as the locals call them`Claymonsters`. Toothless woman wanting to keep you company. Dont let them in they will rob you. Mrs dotty head already warned me.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2014

Never ever stay in this place. Its one of worst places that I've stayed for the tenure I've been in the US. During the reservation, though they mention as smoking and non-smoking rooms, in reality, they are same rooms. The smoking rooms instantly become non-smoking rooms, when the room keeper comes and sprays the room spray, once you check-in.

There are only 2 people to serve you. One is an old man and the other is a lady. Communicating with them is very difficult.

The old man is one of the most pathetic person on earth. He has no basic manners. We just stayed 3 days in the hotel. Everyday at least twice, the old man just barge open the door, with his master key. He never knocks the door. And he always tries to peep thru the window to just monitor. The other lady, was not at all courteous.

The fees were exhorbitant, and the rooms were pathetic. Its a dingy attic.

I'm one of the person, who tries to adjust with the place, even if its little bit bad. But here I could not stay. Actually I was under a circumstance that I had to stay outside my home for close to 2 weeks. Fortunately, I did the reservation only for 3 days, and I had to vacate this due to all these issues.

This place needs to be torn down and completely renovated and most importantly it should be managed by some good/decent people.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Muthiah M
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Because I decided a bit "last minute" & due to the fact that it was Labor Day weekend, I had very little choice in where I could stay during my trip to Claymont ... unfortunately, the Milan Motel was the only place that had rooms available. When I saw the online photo, I jokingly referred to it as "the Bates Motel" ... and upon arrival, thought to myself I would rather take my chances w/Norman ... but my hands were tied, and I was forced to spend 2 nights in this dump! Even before entering the office, I was mystified as to why they had "indoor chairs" outside of each room ... and to top it off, the chairs were mostly broken, had ripped upholstery, springs sticking out from underneath, or just plain disgusting. I decided to overlook that because I knew I wouldn't be spending time "lounging around" at the motel. Checked in (the manager(?) was nothing to speak of ... not overly accomodating, but not overly rude) but then left for a bit while they finished cleaning our room. When we did come back & were getting settled in the room, we heard a continual "ticking" noise ... turned out to be the micorwave/fridge (that are bolted together ... as if somone would want to steal them!!) ... when we went to the office and told them about it, they said "they're on a timer and the ticking will stop during the night" ... huh?!!? Well, needless to say, the ticking went on & on & on ... it's a good thing I always bring earplugs when I travel & that the a/c was running, otherwise I would have had 2 sleepless nights. Suprisingly, the bathroom was pretty clean ... but I can't say the same for the upholstered chair in the room ... yuck!!! And did anyone else get a kick out of the fact that the dresser and night stand weren't even wood? They were metal "faux wood" ... really?!!? But the best part about the whole experience was the look on a local's face (I had to go into a gas station for directions) when she found out where I was staying ... and I about died when she said that's where the local hookers frequent!!! Joe C should be glad that his fiance only got a rash from bed bugs ... who knows what else might be crawlin' between the sheets at the Milan!! Don't count on me staying there again ...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank JustPlainAbby
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Rooms need to be updated. Rooms really need new mattresses. The rooms smell horrible. And bathrooms Oh! My Goodness. Service is very unprofessional. I wouldn't referred anyone. I would sleep in my car first.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank manpoppy06
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed one night at this motel and almost broke my neck literally! Before I checked out as I was loading my car to leave I went to the Ice machine to get some ice. When I stepped into the very small room that the machine was in, I plunged down 10 stairs into the basement of the building! I am very lucky that I did not break an arm or a leg and my neck. There is a trap door on the floor of the room which was open and no warning signs in a dark corridor. The management was hostile towards me saying it was not their fault and I should be thankful that I wasn't hurt. I had a severe bruise on my arm and a sprained ankle. The manager then pretended his English was bad and refused to offer me any condolences or compensation or refund and went into the office, refused to put me in touch with his manager or give me his name and basically ignored me after that! I had to call the Police to make an accident report. He is lucky I was not really hurt as I am sure I would have a strong case for negligence. The safety of his guests does not appear to be of great concern to him.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo