“Impressive buffet”

Festival Buffet at Dover Downs
Ranked #25 of 216 Restaurants in Dover
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had the buffet hyped up pretty good so we couldn't wait to get there. Naturally, there's a long line but if you're with great company like I always am with my wife, the time goes quickly.
But once inside, the spread is terrific. Crab legs, both hot and cold. And a wide range of foods, Italian, Asian, carving stations. Just an excellent spread.
I only rate it at a 4 because when we were there, they ran out of plates, which a regular to the buffet never happens.
All in all, it is a fine buffet for seafood lovers and lovers of excessive dining.

1  Thank midnightsalad

Reviewed October 17, 2018

Hubby and I went for a special dinner on a nice weekend visit. We were not disappointed. It was a Saturday night, and there was a line to get in, but it's worth it.

The crab legs were nice and hot, and they had a guy doling them out so that you didn't have to wait forever behind slowpokes picking out all the good clusters. There was cocktail sauce, melted butter, Old Bay and lemons with which to top them and the other seafood.

Oh, yeah, the other food - I had some veggies, some stuffed shells, some chicken with cream sauce, some cheese cubes, some hot and cold shrimp, a little bit of everything. Every single bite was amazing.

For dessert, they had quite a number of options including parfaits, which I chose and again was not disappointed.

Our wait staff kept our drinks refilled, emptied the shell bucket and cleared empty plates away promptly.

The bathroom was probably the cleanest public bathroom I've ever seen. There was an attendant, but she was actually working, not just standing in a corner. I had no cash, as I wasn't expecting an attendant, so I didn't tip her, but I didn't see anyone else do so either. I'm not sure if it's expected or not.

Overall definitely a great experience. The only thing we regret is not being there during the day so we could see out the window.

1  Thank TracyC4242
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Found it hard to get something to drin k and even harder to get refills. Will not eat here again after 2 bad ordeals at different times. Dinner and breakfast. Save your money.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

The food choices are excellent and the service is good too. We like the carving station which always has roast beef, turkey or ribs. There is plenty of food and you are not rushed to leave.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Outstanding food and very clean. Like being on a ship with their buffets. Service was outstanding and attentive.

Date of visit: September 2018