All reviewscontinental breakfastmodern conveniencesfront porchthoroughly enjoyed our staydelaware shorethe entire staffrehoboth beachtowel warmer in the bathroomwonderful stayhome away from homelynnmuffinslewesaccommodationsfireplace
Reviewed February 14, 2015

Sensational quiet well decorated hotel. Fell in love with this place the minute I stepped inside. One thing that really grabbed my attention was the wealth of information emailed to me once I made the reservation. They have a tree in their lobby area in which you bring an something from which represents your hometown to hang on this tree. Great idea and loved doing it and sharing with others who will one day stay at this hotel. Our room was delightful. Décor was very tastefully done. Loved everything about the room. Sitting areas on the same floor as our room with lovely fireplace and off to the side in a different room one could help themselves to coffee, tea, Danish, and whatever else was in the refrigerator. Huge porch to which one could sit and relax outdoors. Beautiful down home, cozy feeling.

Room Tip: To me I would not travel to this hotel with young children. I say this not because they can not accommodate children it is just more for couples and adults.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2015

We stayed in a room on the third floor with a fantastically comfortable King bed. The heated towel bars in the bathroom and rainhead shower were great. There are fireplaces in the public areas and comfortable furniture everywhere. We had dinner in the dining room. The beer-battered Brick Shrimp appetizer had 6 huge shrimp and a yummy chili sauce. The simple side salad was big enough for two. The crab cake special on Thursday was all lump crab -yummy. Very happy we decided to stay here on our way down the Delmarva.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2015

My daughter and I stayed here and attended a mini class reunion..... it was awesome! The room was beautiful and the hospitality was tremendous..... Lynn and her husband were the ultimate hosts.... when I found that the room that I had booked could not be reached by elevator, Lynn quickly changed rooms to accommodate my bad knees.... the rooms had everything that could be asked for and my daughter was totally impressed with the towel warmers.... we enjoyed dinner and Sunday brunch in the dining room! Everything was delicious.... would love to stay here again on a future trip to Delaware!

Room Tip: All are unique..... and beautiful......
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2015

Lovely rooms with fireplace. Beautifully decorated. Good continental breakfast. Very nice restaurant on the main floor of this building. I was there on a snowy evening and it was beautiful looking out on the square. Yes, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2015

We returned to the Brick Hotel because it was convenient to a family event to which we had to travel. I recommended it to other family members telling them that it was worth the extra expense compared to the commercial hotel establishments nearby. I guess we came on an off day. When we awoke anticipating the continental breakfast we were told would greet us that morning there was none. An embarrassed employee said she was sorry but "someone forgot" It seems that the hotel and its attached restaurant are closed on Mondays. We were lucky that she was able to direct us to a local restaurant where we could get something to eat.
In their favor, The Brick is an attractive property with comfortable amenities. Just be forewarned that it is a small establishment in a small town and expect the occasional lapse.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lucyis
TheBrick, Owner at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2015

Yes, we were totally embarrassed that on the heels of a crazy New Years Eve weekend, my chef had the day off (to recuperate!!) and there was a breakdown in communications among his staff. I can't say that this never happens ... we're not perfect and once in a blue moon on Monday mornings (when our restaurant is closed), it does fall through the cracks. While we don't plan for it, we also make sure that there is always a little something for our guests to start their day with ... be it oatmeal, breakfast bars, juices ... so that they don't end up totally starved in the absence of fruit, yogurt and muffins!