“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We went to Ocean City, Maryland for the day and decided to stay somewhere on our way home. We've stayed at Comfort Inns previously and always had good experiences. So we booked a room in Georgetown. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the rate was better than other hotels in the area. Plus continental breakfast in the morning. Definitely a great deal! Comfort Inn is a great chain and we will continue to stay at them whereever we can.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2016
Thanks RB for the 5 stars. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Madison, Maine
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was in the area for business and my boss booked me here because it was really close to where I needed to be. If I had my choice I would have opted for more driving and a better hotel. The desk staff (with exception of the older gentleman working the Saturday morning I checked out) were apathetic at best and could not even be bothered to make eye contact. When they did have to acknowledge you, at check in for example, it certainly felt like I was interrupting the serious task of staring blankly at a computer screen. Two stories and no elevator. Morning breakfast was barely edible and the coffee just as bad. You would be better off getting a cup from McDonalds down the road. I arrived just before noon and when I went to my room the housekeeping staff was on my floor. Loud music playing, yelling conversations between rooms, griping about their jobs AND guests AND everything else under the sun certainly did not make me feel welcome. Before I even opened my door I knew I would be putting up the "Do not disturb" sign since I didn't want this crew in my room. The room was neatly put together, but one of the bed spreads had a very obvious cigarette burn hole in it. The towels in the bathroom were like sandpaper and half of them were stained leaving me with A towel and A washcloth that I was willing to use. Between that and the 1/3 roll of toilet paper (with none to replace it) I swear they set you up so you HAVE to have housekeeping come in. The non-skid stickers in the shower were dingy and peeling up. From a distance the furniture looks OK, but when you get up to it everything is dinged and scratched. I just prayed that I wasn't going to come away with bedbugs or worse from staying here. Sleep quality was poor with uncomfortable beds, lots of outdoor noise and the racket from the mini fridge and heating unit. In the room there was also a microwave and coffee maker, however, no coffee, no cups, no utensils or anything else that would make these items remotely user friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PrincessPalmTree
Priness palm tree-
Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear the lack of housekeeping. We have passed your comments on to the housekeeping supervisor and she sends out an apology. We hope that you consider this an isolated incident and when in the area you give us another try.

Travellers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel last night and I was very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. The guest service was outstanding, the rooms were tidy and very clean, and the furnishings looked very taken care of, even new. Looked like they were in the middle of renovating hotel as I did notice some noise and new furnishings in the hallway but very little disturbance. The front desk clerk was very socialable and helpful and the maintenance guy helped me with my luggage without asking. Breakfast was great and the food was delicious and hot. Great selection on the breakfast bar. I would stay here again without a doubt and recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in that area. A++

Room Tip: i stayed in a nonsmoking room which smelled great and no smoke smell
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ronald g
Thanks Ronald! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Best wishes.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Worst ever stay at a Comfort Inn. Check-In clerk with poor comm skills. Room at 55 degrees when we arrived at midnight, took over an hour to heat it up enough to go to bed. Construction in progress, had to step over materials and carts to get to room. No water when time to shower in morning. When I called the front desk they were rude and angry, did not offer the slightest apology or solution, or discount. In fact, they charged my card an extra $12 without reason. All I needed that night was a warm bed and a quick shower. I got neither and paid $100 for the discomfort. Everything about this place is bad and it comes through loud in clear in the customer service.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
We are sorry Rodney that you did not enjoy your stay. During your stay the hotel was in the middle of reface ( remodel ). We do this to keep our hotel update and to make it nicer for our guest. Thanks again and we hope that you come back to see the final phase of it all.
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Worst hotel ever. Checked in for a baseball weekend. Hotel was dirty. There were spiders everywhere. Front desk staff was rude. Hotel was not kid friendly. Security was at the very least ODD.....they have alot of nerve charging 135.00 a night. It is a dump on a highway.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thanks Cryran. We have passed your review on to all departments. We are sorry that your stay was not a good one and we hope that you give us another chance and stay again when in the area.
Seaford, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I worked the night shift and so I wasn't able to wakeup in enough time to make it to breakfast. The man in the front desk saw it as that was my personal problem and made it an issue to give me some cereal and milk when I finally woke up. When I took a shower I slipped and fell in the tub because it was in such horrible shape. strips were peeling in the base of the tub which ment there was no grip. So as soon and as I started my shower with soap I bust my butt. Didn't bother reporting it to the front desk considering it was such a big deal getting me a box of cereal and a cartin of milk. Left and went to the Hampton Inn in another city, you can't go wrong with them. Didn't even bother me that my drive to and from work was much longer. Oh and by the way, I've been there before and it was much worst because of the smell the first time around. The only reason I went there again was because the other hotel was booked for bike week and some other event.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. If you have no other choice, request the ground floor, they have no elevators.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Envy-

We are sorry to hear that you did not wake up for breakfast in time. The breakfast is only served from 7 am to 10 am with hours of breakfast posted in lobby and is told to all guest at checkin.

We are sorry to hear that you slipped in the tub. The tubs have a built in grip slat in them with the additonal strips we put in that is really not needed. We do wish that you did mention this to the desk so a report could have been filed. We hope that you are ok.

We hope that you do give us another chance when in the area.
Hanover, Maryland
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Sept 17th. So let me start with when I pulled into the parking lot with was filled with tents and chairs, people drinking and yelling. Childeren running back and forth from the tents into the hotel and back. During checkin the system was not working so it took about 20 mins of me listening to screaming kids in the lobby. The hotel was completely booked. The hotel did nothing to try and contain the childern nor even talk to their parents, this continued on until about 3am. You could hear them running above my room the entire night. The room was smoking (obviously reserved non-smoking). There was mold in the bathtub, no counter just a sink bolted to the wall, stairs on the carpeting and spiders crawling on the walls. The bathroom floor has hair on it, when I checked-in.

I am pretty sure the lined in the room was at least 5 yrs old and threadbare. Had there not been insects in the room I would have prefered to sleep on the floor vs the mattress.

I would not recommend anyone staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Thanks Preston-

Seems you stayed at our property during race weekend as well as sports at the beach happenings as well. I have passed your comments on to all departments and we hope that you consider this an isolated incident.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
2.4 km away
24.1 km away
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#11 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!