“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
“Nice”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We stayed here one night when we were in the area for a special celebration. This is a relatively new property and reliably Hampton Inn-ish. We were concerned, though, when we arrived to discover that we (and several others in the area for the same celebration) could not check in until after 3 (the celebration was to start at 4 and there were showers to be taken and clothes to be ironed!). When the rooms became available they seemed to all come up at the same time. I don't quite understand how that can be and wondered about housekeeping management. Others were also more than inconvenienced when the elevator broke. We were in a nice room on the first floor - very quiet and comfortable - so we weren't affected by the elevator. I did overhear a hotel worker say, "Oh oh...we have a problem...the elvator broke again." Hmmmmm.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank UMichAlum
hamptonmiddletown, Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are happy to hear that you found the guest room to be nice. We do apologize that you had to check in at the same time as celebration goers. Sometimes, we do receive a rush of check in’s and the check in time at the hotel is 3 pm. If in the event we were booked the night before, then it does take housekeeping time all the way up in to check in time the next day to prepare the room to the highest standards. If in the future you do visit Middletown, Delaware, we hope that you will choose us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We enjoy the Hampton Inn chain as we know what to expect and are rarely disappointed. This property was no different. A great stop on the way to Annapolis. The service was professional, room clean and well stocked and best of all a good nights sleep in pleasant surroundings. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bseashore
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is a vital part of our success and we value all the feedback we receive from our guests. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you again soon!
Delaware
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I recently stayed in the Hampton Inn Middletown and found it to be exactly as I expected, which isn't a bad thing. My family and I like Hampton Inns and usually find that they are uniformly adequate.

This one is relatively new; probably less than three years old. I think it is probably the only hotel in Middletown, so they could get away with substandard service but they do not try to. The front desk staff during check-in was very friendly and helpful. The woman overseeing the complimentary breakfast was actually outstanding; the highlight of the stay. She really kept a nice presentation and worked very diligently all morning.

The hotel is walking distance to several stores and restaurants, including Buffalo Wild Wings (one of my faves!), so that's nice. The pool is nothing special, but suited our needs.

The room was fine. Clean, and everything worked. I found the air conditioner to be a bit noisy, however. My son got up in the middle of the night to turn off the air which is saying something because he could sleep through a bomb blast usually.

If I had one negative in my experience here it would be this. We stopped into the convenience shop behind the registration desk to pick up a comb for my son. We paid $2.50 for it, which the desk clerk gladly collected even after I commented to her that I thought it was awfully expensive for a comb. Later in the room I noticed the sign that says lets you know that some complimentary toiletries are available at the front desk, so I went back downstairs, asked for and received a comb. Fortunately the clerk refunded my money for the one I purchased, but couldn't she have told me they were available free before she let me pay $2.50 for one?

All in all, a very nice stay at the Hampton Inn Middletown. I'd go back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SavvyMate
hamptonmiddletown, Owner at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 12 October 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Middletown Delaware. We appreciate your comments about our friendly and helpful staff as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. The entire staff takes great pride in our hotel and friendly service we provide. Like all Hampton Inns, we do offer complimentary sundries that you make have forgotten, such as toothbrush, toothpaste or a comb. We also have a Suite Shop, which is a small convenience area, selling items such as drinks, snacks, ice cream and sundry items. Although we do sell items that are offered complimentary, items found in the Suite Shop tend to be upgraded to a better quality.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 December 2008

Flew into the Summit Airport in Middletown and was looking for a hotel nearby.

The Hampton Inn is located about 5 miles south of the airport and looks to be newly constructed. The breakfast area was obviously purpose-built and is open and spacious with plenty of seating and a good selection of foods. Front desk staff was friendly and courteous. There is a business center with a few terminals and a small shop behind the front desk to purchase snacks, drinks, etc.

The room is large and has the new Hampton Inn linens, bedding, etc. No flat-screen TV in this hotel, but the TV is in the corner and is unobtrusive. The bathroom is very large and well appointed. Shower (no tub) and a nice big sink area. Loved the room. Just perfect for a business traveler.

Only one complaint.

No airport transportation or transportation to restaurants within a few miles. I hated having to rent a car that I put no more than 5 miles on.

• Liked — Sparkling clean and new. Nicest Hampton i've stayed at in a while
  • Disliked — No local transportation provided. No choice but to rent a car.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike W
jme1016
Reviewed 13 June 2008

My son and I stayed here recently on the Saturday night in between races in Dover, DE. The location is a little bit off of the highway (probably 5-10 minutes if you don't get lost like we did). There are quite a few chain and fast food restaurants that were close by. After a day of driving from NJ straight to the race and staying through to walk the track, we didn't get to the room until after 11. Check-in was quick and the woman at the front desk was very nice. She got us a room right off the elevator on the second floor, which helped since I was carrying all of the bags and my sleeping 4-year old. The free breakfast had hot and cold selections and was better than I expected. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. There were others there from the race (it is only about 25 minutes from the track), but it must not be a well known area as I was able to get a room in April, which was only a month or so before race day. We did use the pool and, it seemed to be very clean and was VERY warm. The front desk woman in the morning was very nice - gave us some band aids for my son's feet since seemed to be getting some blisters from all of the walking. Overall, would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we go back to the area.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank jme1016
hamptonmiddletown, Owner at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 3 September 2009
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our exceptional amenities. Thank you for staying with us!
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 April 2007

My boyfriend and I were on our way to southern Delaware the Thursday before Easter. I picked him up at PHL at about 7 pm and he being one who loves spontaneity, we had no reservations anywhere. We were hungry and finally pulled off US 1 onto 299 toward Middletown, following highway signs towards restaurants. We had a surprisingly good meal at an Applebee's, then continuing west on 299 we stumbled on a Hampton Inn at the intersection of 299 and 15. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel is relatively new, the beds have those wonderful mattresses and upscale bedding that make you want to linger forever, the room is well-appointed with nice furnishings and free internet access, and the bathroom is a gem. Plus, the free breakfast actually has things that are worth eating: yogurt, cereals that aren't all sugar, fruit, coffee (just ok), pastries, make your own toast. We were just sorry it was tucked so out of the way. Definitely worth seeking out if you're in need of a place to stay on a road trip through Delaware.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joan C
We were happy you stumbled upon us as you were traveling. We do have the most comfortable bedding! We do hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2006

Great, new hotel. My wife and I spent the night on our way up to New York. The location is in a new area and not a lot was around the hotel, so it was very quiet. The free breakfast featured both hot and cold selections and was better than I expected. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The price was ok, but more than reasonable when compared with other hotels in the Baltimore/Philly area. The service was great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank California_Guy35
Thank you for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
21.4 km away
38.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown
21.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!