“Friendly, but has a few problems”

Clarion Hotel - The Belle
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Winter Haven, Florida
“Friendly, but has a few problems”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Due to extended business in the area we stayed at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the entire staff was very freindly and helpful.
There was a problem with dampness and after staying for 4 months there we had to throw away our suitcase due to mold and I also had to throw away a pair of shoes that had molded. Didn't realize it was a problem until time to leave but I did notice that mold tended to grow on the shower quickly.

HOWEVER, the good outweighs the bad.

Room Tip: Nonsmokers need should ask to be placed in rooms near the front desk. Also, the rooms on the back s...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ASWilkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I recently returned from a few days in Delaware. I spent one night at the Clarion Hotel - The Belle in New Castle. The hotel location is just on the other side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, on Route 13 North. While the hotel is a bit isolated, it is a very easy trip to the Blue Rocks baseball stadium, the Christiana Mall, New Castle Farmer's Market, etc.

My room was spacious and immaculate. It had a microwave, refrigerator and in-room safe. The bathroom was lovely and very clean. My room was located at the back of the property and I never heard a sound from the busy roadway in front of the hotel.

The hotel has a restaurant and lounge on the premises. I booked my stay through Choice Hotels, and got a complimentary continental breakfast, which was plentiful and tasty.

If you decide to go further afield for dinner, check out Casablana Restaurant, located on Route 13 North, not far from the hotel and on the same side of road. The Casablanca offers wonderful Moroccan food at a very decent price.

The only negative about the hotel is that it is not a totally smoke-free facility. My room was non-smoking and didn't have even a hint of cigarettes. The hallway, however, was a different story. The smell of cigarettes wasn't overwhelming, but it was noticeable.

The hotel staff were pleasant and professional. If you want a hotel at a (fairly) quiet location, look no further than the Clarion Hotel - The Belle.

Room Tip: For a good night's sleep, get a room facing the back of the property.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Philly
Reviewed 12 August 2011

If you're traveling with an extended family i must suggest the Magnolia Suite. Even though its offered with a king size bed (two queens would be better for such a large suite), but if your family is willing to utilize the sofa and blown up matresses this is the best room in the house. Large enough to accomodate at least 6- 8ppl. Stayed here with friends and family for a family reunion, it was great! The hotel was clean and comfortable. The Augusta Grille hosted our Meet and Greet but after seeing the size of our room (Magnolia Suite) the party was quickly moved upstairs. Both adults and kids had a great time at the pool, breakfast was available everyday with minor complaints, I can honestly say that we had a great time along with agreat group rate and will consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: clean, quite and comortable......
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kmacknphilly
Oakland, California
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The staff members Gary, front desk, and Kenin, van driver, are perfect expamles of great employee customer service to guests.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ASRO1
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I just wanted a little quiet get away and decided to stay at "The Belle". The staff were SO polite and helpful. Everything so clean and quiet even though its next to a major highway! The pool was sparkling and the food and service at the Grille was excellent! Freindly Freindly people. We had to get a smoking room because it was the only King they had available BUT you would never even know it was a smoking room it smelled so nice!....THANKS NEW CASTLE BELLE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The hotel is conveniently located but is off of the main freeways and has a private long driveway, which I took advantage of when I went running--didn't have to go on any main roads to get a long workout in. The room was very clean and comfortable and had a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and even though my room faced the highway I could not hear the traffic. The treadmill was broken, so I talked to the night manager and asked where it was safe for a woman to run alone in the dark. He apologized for the treadmill and said that many women travelers run around the building--it is well lit and there are security cameras all around so hotel staff could check the monitors to ensure I was safe. My workout was great and worry-free! All hotel personnel I came in contact with were extremely friendly and helpful. I will stay here again and highly recommend it as a clean, safe, and affordable hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2011

When I couldn't get into a downtown hotel for an event at the Chase Center on the Riverfront, I was a little frightened by my other choices, and didn't want to stay way out of town and drive in. I was hugely surprised at how nice the Clarion The Belle was, and how enormously helpful all the staff were. Their shuttle took me where I wanted to go and picked me up (and they said they would have picked me up at the train station -- had I only known), so I saved a fortune on taxis. They also offered to shuttle me to the local mall or downtown, and looked up some services I was curious about for my next stay. Next to the highway, but honestly I didn't hear it at night. Rooms very clean and well-tended, good continental breakfast, and the wi-fi works and works well (been to a lot of hotels lately where you can't begin to stream something). In all, highly recommended, and I WILL be coming back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5.7 km away
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
7.7 km away
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!