“BEST STAFF”

GreenLeadersGold level
cuyahoga falls, ohio
“BEST STAFF”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

It's not often that a hotel has such incredible staff that serve with such kindness and concern. I arrived at the hospital with my 92 year old father who was very ill. Not only was the staff helpful, but they did everything they could to accommodate us. I could not have asked for better treatment. The handicap room they gave us was exactly what we needed. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel and know that in the future I will stay at the Sheraton Wilmington South. GREAT SERVICE - GREAT STAFF!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sara w
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear "sara w.",
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. It is exciting to hear the team exceeded your expectations. I am sorry to hear your father was ill, but hope that we made him feel as comfortable as we could. We would love to welcome you and your father back again (hopefully under less stressful circumstances).
Warm regards,

Jeremy C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you are a gold spg memeber dont expect any special treatment. When asking management if i could get a club floor they stated that it is against spg policy to give gold members club floors. This is hard to believe since i have been put on club floors at 10 other spg hotels? I will not be staying there again.
This may sound minut but traveling 4-5 days a week you appreciate the little things.

• Stayed March 2012
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear "wannaupgrade",
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I also appreciate your loyalty to Starwood as an SPG Gold member. I hope you are aware of some of the enhanced benefits that are available to Gold members such as a welcome gift or the ability to earn lifetime Gold Status. I apologize if we did not exceed your expectations, however the club lounge is only available as a benefit to our Platinum members or if you choose to pay for a club level room. I would welcome the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again in the future if in the area.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

went to celebrate my friends birthday. had dinner at resturant. Candy was the most pleasant and helpful server. offered suggestions for dinner n even spread word about birthday. employees n customers would pass by n wish him happy birthday. it really made his day. Debbie our bar tender made sure our drinks were to our liking. was so pleasant we stayed at bar after dinner for more drinks n good company. these two ladies definite asset to business. the room was beautiful n made you feel like you were home not in a hotel. you gotta check it out even to go to bar hang out in comfortable couches n have great time. jackie n rick

• Stayed March 2012
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear "barbiejack64",
Thank you for choosing the Wilmington Grille and Atrium Lounge to celebrate your friend's Birthday. It is great to hear you "felt like you were at home". Our team strives to exceed our guest's expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with our team so they can see that they do make a difference! I hope to see you again soon to celebrate another special occasion or just to hang out at the Bar during our happy hour daily.

Warm regards,

Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Recently stayed at the Sheraton for a large business meeting and this hotel is brand new. A huge atrium and big rooms make this hotel very spacious. The staff was absolutely great and always willing to fix or address anything that was wrong. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear "wooddog696",
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I hope the business meeting you attended was a huge success. Our staff is always ready to make your stay more enjoyable and hopefully we will can accommodate your lodging needs in the future!

Delaware
Reviewed 4 March 2012

First let me start by saying that I am a proud Delawarean and the first to admit that there has been so much controversy surrounding this building in 10 years that I thought it would never get up and running. Well I am THRILLED to say that it is now a BEAUTIFULLY CONSTRUCTED SHERATON GEM!

I first entered the building for the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition's wonderful Bridal Gown sale. when I stopped at the Sheraton vendor table, I was met by the very pleasant and extremely knowledgable, Christine. She gave a us a wonderful tour of the hotel and even told us very personal details about the construction that we found very fascinating. Thank you so much Christine. I ended up reserving a room for myself and my fiancee' for the next night. (boy did we need some "together" time ...smile) And we were not disappointed...

The hotel is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! when you walk in the doors, there is an immediate open feel with the lobby/bar area right in front of you. The bar and lounge areas are amazing and you can tell that Sheraton really took time to make this hotel warm and welcoming and paid a lot of attention to detail.

There is a beautiful area with lounge chairs and a fireplace build into the wall. perfect for relaxing with a great book. The elevator is a see-through elevator .....stunning!!!....And I dont want to forget the BEAUTIFUL staircase leading down from the second floor....what a beautiful touch! I can totally see a Bride (like myself...smile) descending the staircase and going into the beautiful ballroom. I also want to mention the very nice Business center complete with 4 beautiful computers, a printer, and a flat screen tv on the wall. The Business center sits to itself in its own little private area.....but still open enough to see whats going on.

RESTAURANT/FOOD
We were pleasantly surprised at the taste of the food. Everything we had was delicious!!! shout out the the Chef! If you are looking for something quick to have with a drink, you MUST try the Island spiced chicken wings....DELICIOUS!!! ( I am a food connoisseur..trust me..smile)
For dinner my fiance and I had the Seafood pasta(filled with big chunks of lump crab meat, penne pasta, scallops, and shrimp) and the Halibut fish....YUM!!!! I do want to mention that you may be a little "taken aback" by the prices......but dont let that deter you because you get a large portion. My hope is that as the hotel gets busier (and it will) that they will re evaluate the prices on some of the items on the menu and at the bar. The restaurant itself is very nice. There is even a private room off of the restaurant that you can use for many things....I thought about having a special dinner for my bridal party so that everyone can meet each other...very nice!

OUR ROOM
WOW!!!!!.....we stayed in the Deluxe guest room....BEAUTIFUL!!!!....again lots of attentionto detail and comfort. the sweet sleeper bed is wonderful! The deluxe is decorated with warm colors and beautiful modern decor. All of the furniture is beautiful...mostly solid wood.....the bathroom has a nice 2 person jacuzzi bathtub and and separate glass shower stall. (I remember seeing this at a resort in Mexico) what a wonderful touch! All of the rooms are beautiful. complete with an IPOD docking station...... You will not be disappointed!

STAFF
The staff at this hotel are wonderful! Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. If you want a tour of the hotel complete with personal details, please ask for Christine...she is wonderful......Debbie, the bartender. makes wonderful signature drinks. Her chocolate martini is the best chocolate martini I have tasted (and I am a martini girl..smile) She even froze real chocolate on the rim of the glass (none of that choc rimmer) Another way this hotel gives its customers personal attention. Nicole who works as a server in the restaurant is WONDERFUL! Her vibrant and pleasant personality and knowledge of the food and hotel is a breath of fresh air! I want to also mention Megan, the front desk manager....when my fiance and I arrived, I asked for a room on the highest floor. When we got to the room, we had 2 HUGE black Buzzards perched on the ledge outside of our window...and let me tell you, I dont care how many times we tapped on the window, they would not move....lol...(they must have been guarding a nest) I must admit it was a little creepy...they were staring into the window....lol.....so I asked Megan if we could move to another room. She was very pleasant and accomodating. She immediately checked the availability and personally brought our keys up to us and made sure we got into our new room ok. And for our inconvenience, she sent up 2 complimentary glasses of wine.......NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!.....Thank you Megan......and a special thank you to all the staff that we have had the pleasure of interacting with this weekend.

The suggestion I would like to make to management. Please Please make sure you have music playing in the evening. There is nothing worse than sitting at the bar having drinks and not hearing music. Music keeps people drinking and talking which means more revenue. Also it would be nice to begin advertising a happy hour. If you have the happy hour from 4-8 or 5-8 or 4-7....that is plenty of time for the noise to quiet down and guest to be able to relax. offer a small buffet and signature drink and you will have lots of people flocking to this hotel. and I will be happy to pass the word around.

In conclusion I want to invite you to experience what we experienced at the Sheraton Wilmington South. You will not be disappointed. This hotel truly exceeded my expectations after 10 years. Its conveniently located off 95 so weary travelers, this is the stop for you!!!!!.....I may even see you there as Im sure I will be returning!!!!!...

Room Tip: We stayed in room 635....I love the higher floors. the corner rooms give you less living room ligh...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yahna
Dear "Yahna",
Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback with us. It truly assists us when we are able to break things down from the guest perspective. I understand you attended the Delaware Breast Cancer's Bridal Gown sale (and hopefully you found something)! If you are still looking for a venue for your wedding, we are offering a Honeymoon giveaway if you book before the end of March. You can find more details on our website sheratonwilmingtonsouth.com/wedding-offers.
It is great to hear that you decided to take some "together" time, as I know we all get wrapped up in things (usually work). We feel we are great option for couples or families to just get away from their everyday lives.
I also appreciate your feedback on our happy hour specials. We are continually looking for ways to attract guests to the Wilmington Grille and Atrium Lounge.
I am glad we were able to exceed yor expectations and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Brand new Sheraton opened Dec 2011. Just a gorgeous Sheraton located right off Rte 95. As a Platinum Spg member was upgraded immediately. Rooms are brand new and beautiful it kind of has a design of Embassy Suites as far as the design when you leave your room you can look all the way down similar to the Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport. Ate at the bar food was very good. Happy hour 5 30- 7 30 house wine 4.00 2.00 off apps beer specials. Great pool and hot tub water is actually hot! Has a ve Ryan good work out room as well. Extremely comfortable and FYI furniture is brand new and just fine! Definitely will be back!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank luv2vacation
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
"luv2vacation": thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience. As a Brand New Hotel it is important to hear from our guests. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. With over 3,500 square feet, our pool and hot tub area are sure to meet any traveler's needs. We thank you for yor loyalty as a Platinum SPG member and hope you have heard about some of the great new benefits for the SPG program that are beginning in March. We hope to see you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My family and I needed to take a rest from driving this past week and we saw this hotel sitting just off the highway. It seemed real easy to get to but it really wasnt. Althought it sits just off the highway you have to drive around about 3 miles to get all the way around the city to get there.

The hotel was new and you could tell this but the furniture and everything about this place just screams kmart. The towels were thin, the drawers on the dressers felt like they were going to fall apart and everything about it looks like they took way to many shortcuts.

When we checked out, the front desk did ask us how we liked our stay so I gave them this feedback. Her response was simply "we're new and still working out the kinks." Well, it's cheaply built and time will only make it worse.

If you are able to get a real cheap rate here, it may be worth it but otherwise, I'd rather stay somewhere else.

PS, while we had to drive almost 4 miles to actually get to the hotel when we left it was a very quick ride to the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JJ M
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear "JJ M",

I am sorry that you had difficulty finding the Hotel. We are conveniently located adjacent to 95. Heading northbound on 95, we are just off exit 5a (less than 1/4 mile). If you are heading southbound on 95, you would exit onto 5a, turn right at the first traffic light onto Airport Road and we are located aproxiamtely 1 mile ahead.

As you know we are a brand new Hotel with all new furniture. We are fortunate to have the newest Furniture package for Sheraton Hotels and feel it is a great product for our guests to use. As most of our rooms are suites (75%), we offer guests lots of options for room layouts. I hope you will try us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
6.1 km away
The Westin Wilmington
The Westin Wilmington
#6 of 13 in Wilmington

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!