“Great Management/Facilities”

GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Management/Facilities”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This Hotel was phenomenal. The deluxe king suite me and my loved it. Management bar none was the greatest. Dustin Ruiz endlessly work to make sure me and wife were comfortable and happy. Front desk greeted me with a smile at all times. The restaurant food was delicious and once again Management was excellent. Michael Lucas visited the table numerous times to make sure all service was up to standard. I felt like I was the president the way that all staff attended to my needs. They truly made my wife Mother’s Day remarkable. Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Become a spg so you can be on the club loung floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason L
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear "Jason L",
Thank you for selecting to spend Mothers Day with us as I know how important that day can be (my wife's favorite Holiday and this year her Birthday as well). It is great to hear of the connections you were able to make with our team. I hope this becomes a tradition for many years to come!
Jeremy C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Every time we are in the area we stop here for relaxation.

The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet.

And as always the staff is amazing friendly and fast check-in.

Stop by and see for yourself.

• Stayed May 2012
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear "Observant2012",
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear you recognize how relaxing a stay here can be. Our team will do everything we can to try and make you comfortable. Can't wait to see you again!
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 April 2012

One stay - flawless. Another? A sleepless disaster. Nice enough place, quite new, very well designed rooms and amenities. Well appointed, off the beaten path. If they are having a party, due to the design of the large central atrium, the non-highway side of the hotel will be noisy on all floors as long as the partiers are there. The highway side is right up against I-95 and in fairness the traffic noise does fall off about 3 AM.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway side. The noise is astounding.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear "johnahere",
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. I see that you have stayed with us multiple times. I apologize if we did not exceed your expectations during one of your visits. We will certainly do our best to accommodate any requests for different room locations. Please be sure to notify us in advance of your requests. We want to ensure you are able to get a comfortable night's rest every time you stay with us!
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Wanted to try this hotel, even though it has quite a history. Was able to use spg points though it was 4000 more points than hotel in nyc.
Anyway, expected it to be 5 star because of the cost. $31.00 for a sirloin steaks!!! I mean, why not ribeye or filet..but sirloin???
Not within walking distance to anything so if you're not familiar with the area you would probably decide to eat here.
Expected it to be close in atmosphere and dining to hotel dupont or christiana Hilton. I'd say It's only a 3 star hotel.
Also we spent extra to be on the club floor, but when we checked in were told club lounge is closed on weekends. They compensated with breakfast tickets and two free drinks. Would have rather had access to lounge. They should have told us it would be closed when we booked the room.
The room was very clean, and the bed was heavenly. Love Sheraton beds!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank brhaps1
Dear "brhaps1",
Thank you for choosing to use your SPG points for your stay with us. We are listed as a category 4 Hotel for point redemptions (7,000 points) similar to most Sheraton Hotels unless they are in a resort location where they are listed as category 5 Hotel (10,000 points). We feel we offer excellent dining options if you choose to stay in or we are 10 minutes from both downtown Wilmington and the Christiana Mall for alternate dining options. I am glad you enjoyed the Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper Beds" and the cleanliness of the room!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is truly 4 stars! Love everything from the spacious suites, lounge, restaurant, the business center (or link as they say), HUGE gym with top of the line equipment, pool/got rub...I could go on and on. It was all capped off by the incredible customer service. The sales team is also remarkable.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear "Claude R",
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate you noticed some of the great amenities we have to offer. Of course our greatest amenity is our staff and I am glad you noticed!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My wife and I were in town visiting friends, we decided to stay at at the closest SPG properties. The hotel is great, the rooms are huge and the beds are comfortable. We stayed in the Junior suite, it was amazing. Would definitely stay there again if I am in the area. Did not wake up early enough to have breakfast, so cant comment about it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear "mehtap3",
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. As a member of the Starwood family, the Sheraton brand participates in the SPG program as you mentioned. You can either earn points on your stay or redeem points for your stay. I am glad you enjoyed one of our 80 Junior Suites which have approximately 415 square feet of space. Our 60 Deluxe Suties are even more spacious with approximately 675 square feet of space. Next time you will have to get up early enough to enjoy a delicious breakfast in the Wilmington Grille!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Can I say this is a GREAT HOTEL...Right next to 95. From the time I checked in the front desk staff treated and welcomed me perfect. They explained all the amenities around the hotel to the "T". Next the room/bathroom was clean and comfortable. Bed was so comfortable that I wanted to sleep right away but I had to go back to work. I missed the food/breakfast service but from what I saw the food was great. Pool area was nice/big and clean also had room for the handicap. Had express checkout( Thats always a plus). Will definitely be back for business or pleasure

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear "Cruzin_Travels",
Thank you for the compliments. We love that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are conveniently located adjacent 95. Can't wait to have you come back again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
3.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
7.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!