All reviewsseparate buildingwafflesqueen bedeasy accessair conditionerhotel roomcomplimentary breakfastfurnishings
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Stayed here one night. Hotel is right next door to the airport, literally you could walk to the terminal. Very nice lobby which is in a separate building. Rest of the hotel is motor court style, all exterior rooms. Room was OK, clean and comfortable. Had a coffee maker, heat/ac worked well. Bathroom clean. No fridge/MW, ironing board, etc. Free wi-fi which worked well. Walked over to the office in the morning to find out they do not have a cont breakfast, but Damon's next door has a full breakfast menu....decided I'd just stop at Dunkin Donuts. Was surprised about the breakfast, I thought all Quality Inns had at least toast/cereal. Overall, an OK stay but it definitely wasn't worth the price I paid. This place is more like an Econo Lodge than a Quality Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rocknrun
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Lacrosse tournament weekend. The room my daughter checked into wreaked of smoke, mildew and stench. There was a large blood stain on the bed cover and the sheets looked dirty. The bathroom was absolutely filthy! The room should be condemned, deloused, disinfected and redecorated. This place should not be open!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This location is conveniently located on Hwy 13, south of I-95 on the right side. The rooms are clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The office is located in a newer building, however the rooms are located in older rectangular buildings. The room was clean with cable TV that worked fine plus an iron and board that also checked out. The standard coffee maker (2 cup) was also included. Wireless showed “2 bars” and was free.
The two “restaurants” that were associated with this place have both seen much better days.
Damon's Grill was absolutely empty (except for the bar) and was dirty. The front door and storefront was smeared with a scuzzy film. We walked out. The Italian Grill next door, Polidoro, couldn't decide if it was a bar or restaurant. The Anti-Pasta was very good but you couldn't hear the person across the table because the noise from the bar was equal to a bowling alley on tournament night. Pass on both. The price could be better based on the whole scene. We paid almost $80 per night as we did not have
the opportunity to book on line, which should be cheaper. It should be more like $50. My opinion is to pass on this place unless it's late and your tired from a days driving. As I said, the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runner24
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Don't let the beautiful lobby fool you. What a run-down motel. We were traveling back, needed a place to stay overnight on our way back from South Carolina.
First problem - called and they gave us the wrong directions. So we end up traveling one hour out of our way at 9 p.m. with a five year old and an infant!
Then, we pull into the parking lot and see a beautiful lobby - free coffee, cookies, very welcoming. So we get the key to our room and it's like going back in time to some 70s cheesy movie. Turns out they renovated the lobby, but didn't touch the rooms! Why bother!! This is not a hotel, it's a motel, with doors that enter right from the outside. Also, they said we'd have a fridge and microwave, but we had neither one. Hubby asks for us to move to an upstairs room, and it's just as bad. The only pros - the beds were super comfortable, the second room did have fridge and the woman in the lobby was very accomodating (unlike the man who hours earlier got us completely lost). We should have just ponied up for the extra $15 and stayed at the Comfort Suites in Newark, where we stopped on our way to South Carolina. That was a beautiful hotel, complete with indoor pool and free breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank NHTravelingFamily
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews. I did stay in the old part of the hotel, so maybe the glowing reviewers stayed in the new part. They are pet friendly and charge a modest $10 fee, so that is a definite plus. The reason I did not like the hotel is because of the price. I paid $90 for a room that should have been $60 at the most. I've stayed in nicer Motel 6's. It was just an average room--no frills whatsoever. No fridge or microwave, no breakfast. The pillows were horrible--I have stayed in many hotels and motels and have never complained about pillows. They were bad. Coffee maker in the room was filthy--I had to wash it before use. Staff was friendly. High-speed internet connection was unreliable. Again, $90 for this room was a rip-off ($100 after pet fee). Very busy area--eight lane road out front and airport in back (though I only heard two planes). Would not stay here again (would avoid New Castle actually), so if you make a reservation be sure you are in the new section as it has to be better than the old.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo