“Today's lunch at Deerhead”
Review of Deerhead Hot Dogs - CLOSED

Deerhead Hot Dogs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Had lunch at the one in Newark,DE...noting the reviews, I really didn't expect much..and they were true. Dogs/rolls were fresh and much smaller then I expected. The onion rings were just o.k. I didn't have the fries. Probably won't go back. Service was not that great..at all!

Date of visit: July 2012
2  Thank dotNewark

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hot dogs are always good and hot and if you get old bay fries, ask him to sprinkle a little on the dog...YUM! Good deal for the price and the combo with fries and soda is nice lunch. The soda bottles are huge...bigger than 20oz. and he has a good variety of choices. He is on the move now, not just at the BP station...the girls and I at my office follow him around.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Food was adequate, not fantastic....service was AWFUL. Food servers were rude, lazy and unsanitary.

Date of visit: March 2012
1  Thank maryls221
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I stopped at the Deerhead Hot Dogs that is in the BP Gas Station Parking lot at the intersection of 896 & route 40. I had been wanting to try one of their hot dogs for a while, but never wanted to drive to Wilmington just for a hot dog. So, when I saw the new hot dog cart at the BP, I decided to give it a try.

Once I pulled up, I approaced the RED cart. The menu at this location is kind of small. But, they offered the single or double dog and combo meals too. I opted for the single dog with ketchup and an order of beach fries. My order was around $4.50 and was ready in less than 5 minutes.

The grilled hot dog was pretty good. It had good flavor. It is split in half and served up on a short club roll. The roll was soft and good quality. The fries were just OK, but the serving size was decent.

Overall, I had a good experience at Deerhead Hot Dogs. I would get a hot dog here again. The price was just OK, but the flavor was nop-notch! Service was fast and everything was served up hot.

1  Thank daisyferret1