“The sushi RULES”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I've always liked this buffet and when they closed down for repairs, There hasn't been a great Japanese buffet ANYWHERE. Since they opened back up, their Sushi still ROCKS. Its how I acquired a taste for Sushi in the first place. The buffet is still outstanding and the waitresses are very pleasant

Reviewed September 8, 2018

When this buffet first opened, the food was very good. They still have a wide selection, but the quality poor - little favor or stale flavor and everything's greasy. I would recommend that you avoid eating here.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

The best thing I can say about this buffet is that they have a broad range of choices, more so than most standard Chinese buffets. Some standouts that I remember are the sweet and sour fish, marinated pig's feet, egg tarts, whole flounder, braised spinach, red bean paste filled sesame balls, and a wide variety of sushi and sashimi, including some sashimi that you could eat without having to eat the rice, which is important for low carb people, since some buffets will actually charge you if you eat the sashimi and discard all the rice.

On the other hand, the execution of some of the dishes was very average, some some of it below average. The egg tarts were filled with small chunks of pineapple and there was no crust, which was peculiar to those of us who are accustomed to standard egg tarts. The gyoza were cold, dry, and chewy, and most of the sushi seemed to taste pretty similar. We were there on a Wednesday evening in July, and I don't know if there are times of the day or week when the turnover is more rapid, such that the food didn't get cold. But I think that the restaurant is kind of primitive as well--the ice cream freezer was periodically making a grating buzzing noise through the evening, and the ice cream was obviously melting in the freezer, but no one seemed to mind. I also noticed that no matter what was missing from the buffet, if I asked when it would be replenished, the standard answer was always "ten minutes", but I think that it was just a practiced answer, and it was not typically followed by someone actually checking to be sure that was true.

All in all, we were okay with the restaurant, but we would not plan to return, unless with someone for whom a wide variety was paramount over quality.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

We went for dinner on a Saturday Night about 5PM.  The place was half full and the steam tables were hot.  I started at the Hibachi grill and had beef, chicken, vegetables, shrimp in a hot chili sauce, garlic hibachi sauce that was excellent,  the meat was very tender and everything properly cooked. On the buffet table was a very large selection from salads, sushi, cut fruit, shrimp. Chinese dishes like General Tso’s chicken, pepper chicken, beef and broccoli along with baked fish, steamed clams, crawfish and many other offerings were all hot and delicious. Basically,  you name it, it was there.  We sampled as much as we could and found all the dishes were tasty and the steam table properly set to keep all dishes hot.   There was a good turn-around so fresh made items can out quickly to keep the trays full.   It was a very good dinner.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

We stopped by for dinner. The choices were plenty but not good quality. And when I stopped to order at the grill, I decided to skip it. My reason is there was clearly confusion going on between the patrons waiting in line who ordered and the person working the grill. The grill person seemed confused as to who ordered what item and even called a manager over for assistance on the night we were there. I ended up getting steamed shrimp which were okay. Salad which was also okay. Too many fried items, which I can't eat. A lot of items swimming in butter in the chaffing dishes under heat lamps. We won't go back.