Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$89
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$120
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$102
US$87
Country Inn
US$128
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$107
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$127
US$67
US$101
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$120
US$111
HIExpress.com
All reviewsevening receptioncooked to order breakfasttgi fridayscomplimentary breakfastomeletliving areafootball stadiumcocktail hourfront desk staffgraduation weekendthe hotel stafffitness centerbreakfast staffvery nice hotelindoor poolmain streethome away from home
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I would stay here again. The breakfast is lame, and for dinner they have an attached TGI Fridays, so don't expect to eat well.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Attended an event @ University of Delaware . Embassy Suites was right across the street. Great location, just off Rt. 95. Very clean with spacious lobby. Delicious breakfast. The staff are tremendous. Lorin is very efficient & courteous. Easiest check in I ever had at a hotel

• Stayed: January 2012
gmnewde, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience. We are delighted that you chose Embassy Suites for your lodging needs while attending such a meaningful occasion.

Our team takes the feedback from our guests very seriously, and I can assure you we will make every effort to improve the various items that impacted your stay. We know that every guest experience is unique and what makes you feel at home is most important. Your feedback has been shared with my entire team and we hope to host you one again, if you should return to the Newark area.

Warmest regards,

Bill Silva

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My family stayed two nights at this hotel in early January for our daughter's graduation from UD. It was across the street from the graduation site and very convenient. While the room itself and the bed were comfortable, there are several issues worth mentioning with some of the facilities. The bed's mattress was very comfortable, but was very 'wiggly' when my husband moved, almost like it was a water bed.

Check in was swift. The lobby area is huge and very beautiful, including a water fountain. The room was very clean and on the dark side in colors and lighting but is quite large except for the very tiny closet considering there were two queen beds and a pull out sofa. There were multiple desk areas, two flat screen tvs, fridge and microwave. There was a phone by the bed and one on the desk by the sofa; the one by the bed never worked. I didn't report the problem as I wanted to see if it was fixed the 2nd night of our stay. They have the phone cord wrapped around the phone a certain way and I changed it; after the room was cleaned, it was back to the original way. No one checked to see if the phone worked. The same with the ice machine on our floor. It was not working our entire visit. Do they not check to see if things like this work? Neither the phone outage or the ice machine were huge issues for us, but I share the info in my review in the event that is of importance to you.

The first time I used the bathroom sink, I had great difficulty attempting to get hot water. My husband tried and also could not get hot water. The faucet had a red dot and a blue dot on it and I wasn't quite sure which way to turn the faucet to get hot water. When I asked about it at the front desk (worrying how we would each take a hot shower in the morning?!), they offered to send someone up to our room right away. We had been attending the Manager's Reception (which was super great with a variety of food/drink choices!) and didn't get up to the room until about 20 minutes later. There was no one in the room tending to the hot water issue and no sign anyone was there. Somehow, the next time we turned on the hot water at the sink and the tub, it became hot. Not sure how it got fixed, but was very happy to now have hot water.

I thought I remembered the website saying that Wi-Fi was unavailable unless you were a HHonors guest. Turns out we were given a code for complimentary Wi-Fi when we checked in. However, we had great difficulty connecting and were never successful. :-( Loved having free HBO and watching a movie to relax the first night. The heating system in the room was extremely quiet. Often hotels have noisy systems which make it difficult for me to sleep. I was very grateful for a quiet heating system.

The toilet is extremely low and if you have 'knee issues' like I now do, it was not especially easy to use. The bathroom was quite large with ample counter space, very well lit and included a fan, which many hotels do not have in the rooms, as well as a shower curtain rod that bows out giving you extra space. We had four people staying in our room and there were towels for three people in the bathroom (Don't they know how may to put in a room for guests?!?!?! When I reserved the room, I indicated there would be four of us.)

We were on the 6th (top) floor with our room window facing the Christina Pky (Route 2) side of the building and traffic noises were pretty noticeable into the evening and early morning. More disturbing was the extremely loud and vibrating music sounds that first (Saturday) night coming from the 'Sweet 16' birthday party bash that was going on at the first floor banquet room directly under us five floors below. Once the party ended around 11, it did get significantly quietier. As mentioned by another viewer, there were indeed younger guests running around the various levels of the floors seemingly playing 'tag' for a lot of our visit but were not overly loud.....just having fun with the immensity of the place.

There were two elevators. One made funny sounds after one use the first day. Interestingly, the next day the other elevator was 'out of service' for the rest of our visit. There was also painting going on in the hallway area of our floor during our visit with 'wet paint' signs placed infrequently along the route to the elevator. We weren't quite sure if we were to touch anything on the way to the elevator if it would be wet or not.

There are lots of (small) trash cans in the room and a wonderful amount of outlets for guests to use in this now techie world........very much appreciated!

My 17 and 21 year old used the hot tub and liked it. The pool, they said, was pretty big. Towels were available in the pool area for them to use and leave there. There are 2 computers in a locked room (use room key to enter) that had printers available. If you are looking for a website that requires add-ons (ie-Adobe Flash), then it didn't work.

The breakfast area had ample tables (both big and small) for guest sitting, lots of typical 'continental' breakfast choices and the great plus of made-to-order omlets. I did not see the sign indicating what ingredient choices there were for the omlet (it wasn't very near the omlet area at all!) and on the 2nd day noticed a small bowl of each ingredient choice behind the tall, clear 'wall' separating the guest from the cook. No bacon was offered but the sausages were yummy (both days a guest had to ask for more as the serving area was empty for the sausages). In order to pass the cook your plate for him to put your omlet on, you had to reach extremely high (awkward........especially for a short person!) As mentioned by another reviewer, the omlet is made on a huge flat grill and not in a pan if that is something that you are concerned about. My omlet each morning was wonderful! Lots of drink choices and excellent service by the breakfast staff to get you a drink and clean up the area.

All in all, I would consider our visit just 'average'. For the price paid, it was not a good value in my opinion for what we got and the issues noted in my review. The convenience to the UD graduation site and the proximity to the TGIFridays next door (with a connecting door so we didn't have to go outside) were also pluses for this visit. If I were to return to the Newark area again, I don't think I would stay at this hotel and would seek out another choice mainly because of the price paid vs. the number of issues noted.

Room Tip: As for a room NOT facing one of the two main roads.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cinmik89
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My son had his reception here at the Embassy Suites in Newark, Delaware on June 17th 2011. I can't begin to tell you how excellent the set-up was and the people involved were always helpful. We stayed at the hotel the night of June 17th and were really impressed with the spacist rooms. Very comfortable with plenty of space.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
gmnewde, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

WOW, I sincerely thank you for this wonderful review. It means a lot to everyone here to be a part of your special day. Our team takes a great deal of pride in the level of service and delivering on every detail, especially for weddings. Your feedback is very valuable and will be shared with our staff.

Bill Silva

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently booked two rooms to bring in New Year at this hotel. Check -in was fast and the front desk help was very polite. The lobby was beautiful especially with the Christmas and New Years Eve decorations. Our party enjoyed the free happy hour for all guest between 5:30 -7:30 along with the TGI Fridays restaurant that was connected to the hotel. There were a couple of weddings taking place in different banquet rooms that evening. We all ended up mingling with the wedding parties and brought in the New Year with the hotel staff (they even had a projection screen showing the ball dropping at midnight). The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also excellent (especially the omelet to order). I would recommend this hotel to everyone interested.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family