“Dirty Beds”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Richmond, Virginia
“Dirty Beds”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My family and I stayed overnight here on our way to Atlantic City. The bed was filthy. LaRon the front desk clerk was nice and he did exchange our rooms, but exchanging rooms is such an inconvenience. I don't know why the housekeepers don't clean the rooms correctly in the first place. The hotel was remodeled very nice, everything else was clean except the bed. Maybe you need new housekeepers. I would've given you two extra stars if the beds were clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

The new rooms are very nice! It's a good location a little hidden away but well worth the seek! The staff is the most amazing bunch of people! Elise is always more than willing to help with anything she can. It's the only hotel I stay in when visiting the area by choice!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lauren D
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Really surprised about how this place was. I got a new room on the 3rd floor. I wasn't expecting the room to be so nice! It had beige laminate hard wood floors, an accent wall paint a dark red, modern black furniture, granite countertops. Knocked off 2 stars for the following. 1. No signage saying where the place is. The entrance is really f'd up to get into. They should of put an entrance on the other side of the main highway. 2 the bed it was really really super uncomfortable 3. the bathroom (toilet area and shower area) were really outdated meaning older tub and toilet (sink was outside the door) 4. the wifi was slower than molasses, 5 the TV was an old school 24 inch with maybe 10 channels (cant believe the updated the room but used the old TV from before the remodel. 6. the whole 2nd floor was under construction and all the rooms on that floor were getting the "new" look so it was kind of loud late into the night and actually the crew woke me up with their loud equipment! 7. The oncommand movie system didn't work properly and deleted my movie and I couldn't access it again! Staff was a little rude too! Overall an OK hotel and I didn't expect a RRI to have wood floors and granite and a accent wall painted. They still have some work to do (ie the beds and TV's) maybe if they changed the beds and TV I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a newer room in the back by the woods (its really quiet back there)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin G
Benjaman C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thanks for the feedback Kevin. We appreciate the information. You'll be happy to hear that our Renovation will be finished soon, and any incidental noise should be over. We do our absolute best to limit the disturbance to all of our customers. I'm glad to hear you like our new "Next Generation" of rooms. We have new wall mounted flat panel lcd tvs on the way! Also new Serta mattresses and more upgraded rooms will be available. Our channel line up consists of 24 digital channels including 3 channels of HBO. As always, we are happy to assist any guest having difficulty finding the hotel with directions to the Hotel. With more than half of the hotel renovated we look forward to offering every room at the highest and newest standard in economy lodging! - General Manager, Ben Cummins
Anywhere, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is one of the older Red Roofs, with room doors on the building exterior. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Beds were very firm. Liked the location. Cons: Dimly lit parking lot is a concern. Found pet hair on the bathroom floor, so it apparently wasn't cleaned that well. And I wound up on the elevator with a shirtless kid with his shorts half pulled down (ghetto style) and his pit bull. But the building was generally quiet, and overall, I'd still recommend this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank InfrqntTrvlr
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Was in the area for training for work at nearby Siemens. So booked this hotel because I like Red Roof Inns in general because they always have great locations and are a fun place to stay the staff is so frendly and helpful, give you a warm welcome home after a long day traveling or working, and this Friday I stayed there it was great so get off the rainy stormy interstate and it located on about 7 miles from where I was working. Was great to find out is is wright on top of Delware Park and really fun racetrack which I visited in the evening. But another surprise was the tex-mex restaurant wright as you turn in it has a huge sign out front that just sayes EAT and the food and service was wonderful and at the wright price, maybe this restaurant itself is a good weekend get away. But this red roof is also very close to Wilmington De and wright off I95. In the morning the clerk at the front desk was so very helpful and the hot coffee/tea in the lobby really hit the spot. Finally, they have a printout with suggesstions for breakfast si I went to on call the country kitcken just a miles or so away near an exxon station so you can also gas up and this food and service was truly outstanding and again great value for the money spent, i had a western omlette with swiss cheese and cornbeef hash on the side. Finally, there is also another eating spot with a full bar right across the parking lot, I went there to and it is outstanding. Will return to this area again but for a vacation. Glad I found it.

Room Tip: all the rooms were great very clean and everything worked
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank BMOC
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I live about 5 miles from the Red Roof Inn in Stanton, De. The afternoon that Hurricane Irene was going to hit - My house had a tree limb fall on it - and it became obvious that I had to evacuate for the night. Where do you go with 5 cats and very little time? After a call to The Red Roof Inn near my house - the front desk manager Melanie told us to come. Although I was only able to convince 4 of the 5 cats that we should move out for the night - we had a place to go and an offer of whatever help I would need to keep us all safe & together for the evening that the storm was at its worst. I can never thank Melanie and the Inn for helping us out the way that they did. I wouldn't have left the house without the cats - and knowing that we had a safe place to go - made the storm so much easier to get through. And it turned out the Melanie had worked at the nearby ASPCA which is where 3 of my cats had been adopted from! You never know where your friends come from - but you have to be thankful when you find them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Leslie S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

we were going to the casino and selected this hotel for it's very close proximity to the casino...only 3 traffic lights away. ..we were only sleeping there for a few hours...not really staying too long.....

Staff was nice, but the room was stinky....looked like the bathrooms had recently been updated, but the mold smell really was bad. they tried to cover it up with a carpet fresh smell.....did'nt help. Room was clean for the most part, except the moldy smell from the carpet/bathroom....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family