“A visit to a very good restaurant”

Mayflower Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 409 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

Once again we were in the newark area and had to make a choice for takeout.We chose the Mayflower Japanese restaurant off Main street. It proved to be a good choice for take out.Fresh and delicious at a reasonable price.Real food!

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed January 17, 2016

It has been my experience that sushi is not a cuisine for which you should seek value over quality, however Mayflower delivers both. I've only ever dined-in once...the owners seem to have made the decision to forego decor, comfort, and ambiance in favor of a top-notch take away business. That being said, all the food is expertly prepared and beautifully presented in their to-go containers!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed June 24, 2015 via mobile

The Mayflower is set up more like a takeaway than a restaurant . There are a few tables but not really the best of atmospheres. We opted to take some sushi back to the hotel and was very impressed that they made sure the included chopsticks, napkins, soy sauce and little bowls in the takeaway bag. The sushi itself was generous and good and altogether very reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed December 2, 2014

I appreciate it when a sushi place takes the time to take my life-threatening shellfish allergy seriously. The cucumber and avocado rolls were delicious.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Are you getting the best Sushi you've even had in your life? No, but for some pretty darn good Sushi at very reasonable prices, this place really can't be beat. AND they deliver. This is one of my two "go to places" for Sushi delivery in Newark Delaware.

Sure I've had some of the best elsewhere, but I've also paid 5 or 6 times the price for one roll. The fish is fresh, they don't skimp on the fillings, and service/delivery is very fast.

I reviewed Mayflower before, and I just wanted to reiterate, after dining here for 3 or 4 years, if anything, they might have gotten better. Now I'm craving Sushi again!,

Date of visit: September 2013

Been to Mayflower Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!