“Great place!”
Review of Ramen Kumamoto

Ramen Kumamoto
Ranked #28 of 402 Restaurants in Newark
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

First time here. Lots of excellent food. Tonkatsu had very, very tender pork, easily managed w chopsticks. An inventive appetizer looked like sushi but included cooked rice and meat. Yum! Feels much like a Japanese place. Just go!

1  Thank Holly_K_10

Reviewed April 26, 2018

This was my first visit to Ramen Kumamoto, and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious; we both had the pork bun (steamed and fried) appetizer, my wife had the Karaage Curry Chicken, and I had the Shoyu Ramen. The curry sauce was very rich, with just the right combination of savory, sweet, and spicy flavors, and the chicken was golden brown and super tender. The Shoyu Ramen was very tasty. My noodles, which I prefer to be firm, were perfectly cooked and the broth was great. However, for the price, the amount of noodles in the Ramen was pretty stingy. Also, while our server was very pleasant, he was not very attentive. In fact, we only saw him when he delivered our meal. After that, he only appeared again to clear our table and give us a bill. Overall, I think this place is pretty good, and I would visit again.

SUPPLEMENTARY NOTE: Parking is a nightmare at this restaurant location. There are signs everywhere indicating that you will be towed if you park in the wrong place. Yet, it was hard to discern whether or not we were parked in a proper area, especially since parking there is very tight to begin with and there are multiple establishments.

1  Thank Yakonthemove
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I had pork ramen bowl. Yum
Others had the curry dinner. All was very good.
This seem to be the go to place in Newark for Asian ramen.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Only found this place by mistake. They have been open for 3 years. A great find. Nice design - very pleasant servers. I love Ramen and Japanese food and have eaten around the world including Japan. This place is equal to or better than most I have been to in NYC. Had the tonkatsu. Very good. Highly recommend even if you may have to wait.

1  Thank Derickbo
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and son-in-law were raving about this place yesterday (Christmas Day). My wife and I were out and she suggested we stopped here for dinner. What a great choice. A delicious meal at an extraordinarily low price. The restaurant is located off Main Street and could be a little tricky to find if you're not familiar and don't look on Google Maps prior to arriving! And the parking lot is relatively small and shared by a number of businesses in the area but be patient since it's well worth the effort!

1  Thank MPB222

Been to Ramen Kumamoto? Share your experiences!