All reviews christiana mall bistro cafe front desk marriott properties business trip starbucks coffee late check room was clean a wonderful stay mini fridge this past weekend great customer service business traveler long drive parking lot free breakfast enjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I had the most pleasant check in experience. Stevie was the best and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. He made me feel as if we had known each other for years. The room was clean and I truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2018

We liked staying in this hotel. Positives: rooms are renovated and clean, windows and balcony doors can be open for excess of fresh air, linens and towels look new and clean, comfortable layout of the room, well maintained and supplied with clean towels pool and Jacuzzi, nice and efficient front desk.
Negatives: Mattress and pillows were not as comfortable as we've experienced at the other Marriott brand hotels, water pressure in the shower head is VERY weak, the breakfast was VERY overpriced and not so tasty and plentiful as we had at the Courtyard in downtown Wilmington. Actually one of the reasons we choose to stay here is to have the Lemon Ricotta pancakes we liked so much in downtown location. But in this location it was a joke of a dish with 2 minimal size almost burnt thin cakes with not that much of a blueberry compote and ricotta. I remember two of us couldn't finish the one order of this dish in downtown location, but here it was 3 times lesser portion and total disappointment for the money.

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pyatachok
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I'll be brief. Courtyard Marriott's are typically clean, safe and cost effective. This was the exception to the rule. Let me begin by asking WHO would do renovations while a hotel is open? WHY subject guest to smells and disruption of construction? Apparently this hotel didn't think it was a problem. After a long day of travel that's what greeted us upon arrival. I was convinced I had misunderstood the directions from the front desk as to how to get to our room. So I went back to ask. NOPE I heard correctly. When we turned the corner off the main lobby we were faced with entire hallways where the floors had been ripped up exposing concrete with a horrific smell. As well as the lovely visual of industrial sheets of plastic hanging off the corridor walls. And did I mention the elevator was out of order? I can't for the life of me understand who thought this was a good idea? I didn't waste my time complaining to the Front Desk as in my opinion this work was sanctioned by Marriott ... Coincidentally Marriott doesn't list a working Customer Service Complaint email address on the web. I would recommend if you're looking for a quiet/clean hotel stay far away from this place. And for the record our room was equally as bad including MOLD on the ceiling of the bathroom. We will definitely not be staying at a Marriott property any time soon, which is unfortunate as we had recently stayed at THE STATE VIEW Autograph Collection Hotel which was awesome.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Borntotravel268. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay and our recent renovation negatively impacted your experience at our hotel. Our elevators were closed for just a few hours while we freshened them up with new carpet and wall panels, and I'm sorry that this was being done when you arrived at our hotel. We have completed our renovation and hope you reconsider staying at our hotel the next time you visit Delaware, as our hotel is looking very fresh with the new decor. No sheets of plastic, I promise!
Sincerely, Jason Abbey, GM

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Nice and clean place, we needed to stay will six people and that had a suite for a great price. Very clean and comfortable, great staff and grounds, only caveat was no breakfast included but not a big deal.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Chrildren running through the hall....spoje with Mgr. Abbey....still waiting for points....would say more....but the hotel over all was nice....my cobcern is customer not service from manager. Beds were comfortable.....walls were thin....location was near hwy....restaurant in walking distance......

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear Sonya, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Please send me a note with your last name and the date of your stay so I can look into the issue with the Marriott Rewards Points. I can be reached at jason.abbey@marriott.com.
Jason Abbey, G.M.