“Affordable and available in the middle of town”
Review of High Seas Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
High Seas Motel
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2015

No bad but not great either. First of all, the beds... firm and comfortable! (I'm guessing they're new). As for the shower... very good! A strong stream and steady temperature. The A/C worked well too! The TV isn't a flat screen one but then again... I'm enjoying the beach and town and only need the TV for weather updates. There was a refrigerator in the room but it was broken. The room was clean and basic and the walls are cinder block and rather soundproof. The best advantage with this simple motel is that it's in the middle of town and they have their own parking lot! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer mattresses and a working fridge.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank digitalingrid

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Annual Labor Day motorcycle ride with friends. After checking other reviews and the website, we booked this looking for the basics. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, air conditioning was cold, and excellent location near downtown/beach. We didn't need much else. I will say that the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Each room only comes with 1 parking spot, and we had 4 large motorcycles that wouldn't fit. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, they even moved their own vehicles to help make room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank asmiller429
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here as could not come for the full week. We stayed here as its near the same area where we like to stay. Make sure you check the room before you check in as the first room they wanted to give us we had to fix the curtains and the TV did not work. When we told the lady she was not sure she could give us another room and had to check. The motel was only half full the days we were there.

The good news is that she did give us a new room that was much better than the first as everything worked. It was musty but after the air was on got better. The maid service was very good.

We love the location as you can walk to everything and not take the car but they need to do some improvements. Most other motels in Rehoboth beach were booked and for good reason. Still cannot beat the price but they would make more money if the did a few improvements as you cannot beat the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here because they were the only place that would rent a room for 1 night--most have a 2 night minimum on weekends, and we were in town for a Sat. wedding. Despite what other reviewers report, the woman @ check-in was not at all friendly, even though we paid in cash as she requested when we made our reservation. Our king bed room on the ground floor resembled a college dorm room, complete with cinderblock walls & exposed standpipe on the ceiling. The bath towels were thin & dingy--like shop towels you'd use to wash your car. Despite the house 'rules' posted everywhere, people were outside at 3AM talking loudly and keeping us awake. We complained & they eventually went inside. Bottom line: High Seas = Low Life = Don't Go There!

Room Tip: They lock the stairway doors at night, which you need a separate key to unlock to get to the 2nd &am...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RBfromDE
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had all intentions of giving this place a solid 3 stars. It was definitely spartan, but come on people, it's a motel. It was super clean and even had a refrigerator and microwave, which most nice hotels don't have and is super convenient. It was a bit musty when we first got there, but after spraying some Febreeze and turning on the a/c, it went away. And the guy who checked us in was very sweet. And perfectly convenient location for walking everywhere all weekend. All in all, good deal for a last-minute, unplanned getaway.

I am knocking it down a star though because when we checked out, I asked if I could leave my car parked there for another hour or so while we got lunch before we headed home. The woman said no because they were booked. Despite a "vacancy" sign in the window. And despite the fact that there were EIGHT empty spots in the lot. I have a feeling the guy from the first night would have let us stay there. I know I'm not entitled to park there after my check-out, but I have never been turned down before when asking to stay just a little bit longer, particularly when there was clearly not a need for my parking spot for another imminent check-in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CCGrrl
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stay at the High Seas around July 4th every year. It's a basic motel...it's clean, air-conditioned, keeps the rain off of us, and has beds. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's perfect for a trip to the beach...nice enough to come home to sleep in but not so nice that you want to spend all day in the motel room. For the price (comparatively speaking) you can't beat it. The free parking alone makes it worth it as it's location makes it convenient walking to the beach, restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room near the office on a high floor....they front desk personnel are very...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JRMedved
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I was recently invited to stay @ the High Seas Motel in my home town of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware by a friend who was getting married. Being curious about the motel, I looked it up on the internet to get some information. Well, after reading some of the horrible reviews, I was beginning to wander if my wife & I should even consider staying there. During our 400 mile drive to Rehoboth, we decided that we would just meet the management and look at the room before actually checking in. If we don't like it, we'll move on to another hotel.
Our introduction to the management was quite pleasant, as the sister (of the brother & sister who own and manage the motel) called us on my cell phone. She was returning my call to assure us that we had reservations and that they were looking forward to our arrival. Although normally closed during the winter months, they agreed to open a few days as a gift for my friend who was getting married. When we arrived, the sister helped us get set up in our room by making sure everything in the room worked and that we knew how to operate everything. The ice machine was broken down, but, they (the brother & sister) had filled a cooler w/ ice for the guests. They had one coffee pot in the office and that's when I met the brother, who welcomed us to help ourselves. They made me feel very welcome and special. My grandmother had previously had her home sitting on the property where the hotel had been built back in the 80's. They would tell me stories of their experiences w/ my "Nana" such as preparing & delivering meals or just sitting on her porch and chatting for hours. They lived next door in their private home before the motel was built during their childhood days. Their father has recently retired and they have taken over management opf the hotel.
By writing these comments, I just want to make sure that the horrible image of the High Seas Motel & it's management that I had originally read was not all any potential customers have to judge by. The motel is nothing real fancy. After all, it was built back in the 80's. I can tell you that it is clean, convenient walking distance to most anything you want in Rehoboth and it is run by a FAMILY that knows Rehoboth and cares about its' customers. And unlike most places, the price is right and that's really good in times like we're having in this country. My wife & I even stayed an extra night so that we could visit my family.
Thank you Stacey & George for a wonderful experience while staying @ the High Seas Motel.

Room Tip: Second floor good for security and hauling luggage. No elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends