“This won't be the only visit to Avenue Inn”
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I took a weekend trip to rehoboth beach for our 10 year anniversary. I know nothing about this area aside from it being a really fun beach town. After poring through reviews upon reviews, Avenue Inn won me over.

The customer service at this hotel is wonderful. They are welcoming, helpful and down to earth. Our room was the king suite with balcony. It was a good size and it was nice to sit out and just read.

Breakfast was better than we had expected. Just trust me on this!

To add to the quaint vibe of the hotel, they have wine in the evenings followed by chocolate chip cookies, freshly baked. It was really nice to look forward to when we returned from our day out.

The pool was on our floor and was very, very clean. The jacuzzi however was a bit old, but it was outside so that was nice. If they get a brand new one, I'm sure it would be hard to get a spot. Also, the gym isn't the most high tech, if you're a runner like me, run outdoors.

I cannot wait to go back to Rehoboth Beach and definitely to stay here. It's the perfect location that truly feels like a home away from home.

Stayed: March 2012
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for choosing the Avenue while searching for a hotel in Rehoboth, I am happy you found us and grateful for your business and the kind words in your review. We are indeed replacing the hot tub and in fact it wont be as tough to get a spot as it is quite a bit larger. It went on the deck today and should be up and running by this weekend, I hope! Additionally we will be replacing some of the exercise equipment soon. Let us know what you think of the changes after your next visit which we hope will be soon.
Avenue Inn / seaboard Hotels

There are newer reviews for Avenue Inn & Spa

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I love staying at Avenue Inn. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The rooms and lobby are beautiful and comfortable. I first stayed here because I was looking for a place in Rehobeth in the off season that had an indoor pool, and the Avenue did. It also has an outdoor hot tub on a relatively secluded deck off the pool room. The pool room is the one place I would say is a little shabby, but it's still refreshing to go for a dip in the evening before bed. The 5-o-clock wine hour is a great segway to dinner at one of the many restaurants that are within easy walking distance. In fact, everything worth seeing is within easy walking distance of the Avenue. I will definitely stay here again when in Rehoboth.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We are grateful for your continued business when visiting Rehoboth and for letting others know about your experiences while staying with us. We are currently replacing our hot tub and a pool area renovation is next on the list. I apologize for letting it get to the state where it was noticeably ready for freshening up. Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Avenue, we will look forward to your next stay with us.
Avenue Inn / seaboard Hotels

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've been in many hotels around the US and none...I repeat none are as clean and well kept as this one....The staff is so helpful and attentive...Safe and close to beach, restaurants...no need to use a car...Great breakfast and wine & cheese at nite

Room Tip: Every room I've been in for many years has been excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

We are grateful for your review and for noting how clean we maintain the Avenue. We pride ourselves on the level of cleanliness we present to our guests as we recognize friendliness and cleanliness are the key components to any succcesful hotel no matter the number of stars it may achieve. Thank you for staying with us while visiting Rehoboth and for taking the time to review the Avenue, it is most sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed one night, 3/9/12. I was travelling with 3 tween girls. We checked in late and check in was easy and quick. I had to move to an underground parking lot directly under the hotel. The only problem I had with this is that the lot can be accessed by anyone and there is an elevator that is in garage that goes directly to all floors in hotel. No emergencies, however, since I was travelling alone without my husband, and 3 girls, I was more hyper vigillant and wasn't thrilled that the hotel floors could be accessed by anyone.
The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable and I had no problem sleeping. Our room(208) was right across from the ice/vending machine and it was never a noise issue which was great! The three girls loved the indoor pool and it was open until 11pm. The pool, pool deck and bath were all very clean.
The complementary breakfast was very nice. That was another major plus. The staff I encountered were very professional and polite. We are considering staying here in the summer. Hotel is close to everything. Fast walk to beach and boardwalk. Very enjoyable time and I wished I had booked two nights instead of just one!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

It is great to read about your stay with us and that you will consider staying with us again this summer. We are grateful for your choice to stay at the Avenue and for sharing your experience with others on Tripadvisor. We hope you will have the opportunity to come down this summer and get the full feel of Rehoboth in season.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked the Luxury Jacuzzi Suite room 306 for my husband’s 30th birthday. I asked them to put chocolate covered strawberries in the room and upon arrival they were there courteously of the hotel very nice. The Jacuzzi was nice and relaxing and we loved the cozy fireplace. The only negative about this room was the fact that it is right next to the pool. So if you are planning on getting to sleep in past 8 in the morning forget it the noise was so loud from the kids using the pool it was impossible. The staff was very friendly hotel was nice and clean and well kept. Location was great walking distance to shops restaurants and in the summer it would be nice and close to the beach and boardwalk. Overall we had an awesome time. Restaurant advice absolutely try Fins it was awesome! The oysters were amazing.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear all went well during your birthday celebration, sorry to hear that there were loud kids in the pool though the pool doesn't open until 9am which I understand may be too early for one liking to sleep in. We sincerely appreciate your business and your time in placing a review of the Avenue. We hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My wife had one of their spa packages and she said it was absolutely one of the best spa experiences she ever had!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alboyd827
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Tim, Victoria, and the staff at the Avenue day Spa do an excellent job. We are very fortunate to have them operating at such a high level. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to review the spa.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Just booked the Jr. Jacuzzi Room for Four Nights at the end of May. Avenue's Website was extremely detail-oriented and easy to navigate. The pictures showed every part of each room offered and the panoramic videos were a nice touch. It pacified me to the point where I know exactly what to expect and how beautiful a place we'll be staying at. I will be graduating with my Master's from St. John's U in Queens a week or so before, so this is going to be a much anticipated getaway for my fiance and I.

I have never been to Rehoboth Beach, and have only stopped in DE passing through on my way to VA and SC, so I am really looking forward to familiarizing myself with what seems like such a beautiful area and an amazing inn to stay at. 200+ "Excellent" Reviews cannot possibly be wrong.. The breakfast, wine and cheese, and cookies are a nice touch that we have certainly not yet experienced in our travels.

The manager, Jim, confirmed the specific room we requested and sent an e-mail literally SECONDS after making our reservation.. Very promising of a great staff and employee values. We will definitely visit the spa for a Deluxe Couples Massage.

A few questions for Alex Moore or reviewers who frequently stay here: How much privacy is offered on the balconies? Is breakfast complimentary? Is WiFi available? Any specific restaurants you will be going back to visit?

Can't wait to update you all once we get back!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tiffanycioffi

We will be looking forward to having you as our guest in a couple of months and helping you celebrate receiving your Masters degree! Rehoboth is great in spring so along with our awesome staff presenting fantastic beach hospitality in our wonderful hotel I am certain Rehoboth will become a favortirte spot to relax and unwind for many years to come.
In response to your questions, our balconies have over 6' high walls between each room, WiFi is free and available throughout the hotel, there are many great restaurnats in town. Ask any of our front desk staff and they will make the best recommendations depending on what you may be in the mood for each evening. I will say I just had an amazing meal at the Blue Moon two weekends ago if you are looking for a really nice night out. You will need to stop by Henlopen Oyster house just down the street from the Avenue for a drink or a great meal as well. Fun place with lots of great beer options and awesome oyster selection. Enjoy your time with us!