“Great spot!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Marlton, NJ
“Great spot!”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

After researching many possibilities to take my husband for a birthday weekend celebration in Rehoboth Beach, I chose the Canalside Inn. The photos of the rooms were quite attractive, and I was considering places where we could take our dog along. The Inn is off the main drag, but right across the street from the canal. The room we had was huge, and very well equipped. A king size bed, a nice bathroom and a kitchenette with a microwave and small fridge. We were lucky to have fantastic weather in November, so the walk downtown and back was pleasant and relaxing! I would recommend this to others and we plan to go back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathykoer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NJ
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I was taking along with my sister this weekend who both have dogs. This is a great place to stay if you have dogs. But it's also a great place to stay if you don't. We enjoyed our large room and the public verandah. This place is very clean and quiet. It's also a very good value. The location is a little bit far from the downtown, it's a hike, but they do offer bikes which is nice. This location is probably the only reason I gave it a very good and not an excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1 it was very nice. My sister had room 4 which was even nicer and adjoined to roo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJgirlonthego
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We booked this place in June based on a glowing review from the bartender at our local watering hole. No children allowed but pets are. Close to town but in a quiet, residential neighborhood. Immaculately clean. Staff is great. Prices are right. Book the place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RetiredTraveller60
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Thanks for creating such a wonderful and welcoming B&B experience! The rooms were amazing with marble touches and earthy warm tones. The pool was a nice place to stop after a long, hot day at the beach. Breakfast and the common area was tremendously awesome and you can tell the owners put a lot of thought into creating a nice space to read, grab a cup of coffee, watch TV or check your email. Thanks again!!

Room Tip: canal side
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2011

After a 7 hour drive to Rehoboth and arriving @ The Alantis where we had reservations only to find out they don't take dogs until 'after' Labor Day....we thought we were headed back home! So on 'Pet Friendly' we called Canalside Inn and they 'just' had a cancellation 10 minutes prior to our call! What Perfect Luck! Quiet, clean and soooo comfortable. We could still walk to 'everywhere'. What surprised me most besides being 'dog friendly' & spotless was how quiet it was there just a couple blocks from the main road. Thank you Canalside Inn for a great Labor Day weekend!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Back in July when I made the reservations to stay at the Canalside Inn, I was very excited to stay here. I have been to Rehoboth before and always had a wonderful time. The reservationist Maybe manager) of the Canalside Inn made my reservation very easy. As I got closer to my trip date, the excitement was building....I heard all good things about the Inn. Alas, my reservation was for Aug 28th thru Aug 31st.......right on the path of Irene!!! Well in spite of the Inn's 14 day cancellation policy, they let me off the hook and refunded my deposit (at least they said they would) and I look forward to coming here sometime in the near future!!! I heard the weather got better, but the short window of time available to me, made it impossible. I am grateful for their flexible attitude….I know the Inn & I will become friends!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigApple720
DC
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Visibly clean, beautifully decorated and set a a fair price. If you want to stay away from the typical dingy ocean front hotel/motel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple