“Beware of the fraudulent practices at the Breakers Inn”

The Breakers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 20 March 2012

BEWARE! Do not stay at this hotel. They are cheats. I booked a room for 1 night and they charged my credit card in advance for 1 night. When I checked in, they asked for my credit card for verification and they charged me for an additional night without even informing me that they were charging me. Even though I stayed there just for 1 night, they said it was their policy to charge for 2 nights. They are frauds and should not be trusted with your credit card information. BEWARE!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank R M

Reviewed 11 November 2011

We have stayed here on several trips so I think I can speak with some degree of expertise on this property. We have been happy here, but as the title suggests it really depends upon your own personal preference. What is important to us is location to the beach, and dining establishments and cleanliness. No it is NOT a luxury hotel, but neither are the prices. The rooms are clean, the sheets are clean and so is the bathroom. Maybe the towels could be a bit fluffier but guess what, we dried off. We had a problem with a fridge and it was swapped out within a 1/2 hour. The beer didn't even have a chance to get warm that is how fast they were to correct it. The pool is not huge but all I want to do is jump in cool down and get out, certainly large enough for that. The breakfast was more than adequate in my opinion, no it was not a 5 star meal but again neither is the rate. We will be returning before the end of the year and also next summer.

Room Tip: Love the bedroom/living room combo. 2 TV's
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nutsy
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My family and I stayed here recently and we were not impressed. Our trip was after Hurricane Irene and when I called up to make sure the hotel was ok, the girl at the front desk was very rude and just hung up the phone. When we showed to check in, the front desk girl was just as rude. She answered our questions nastily and was not pleasant.

Our room was down a creepy, dirty hallway that was not lit very well. It seems like all the rooms are positioned like that. I don't believe you want to be walking around there alone at night. The balcony view was of a road. There is no lake in sight like their website claims. And the pool does not look like it is chlorinated. The pool room is hot and smelly and the water is cloudy.

Our room was not cleaned when we got there. The carpet wasn't vacuumed (I found noodles by the bed!) and there was a dirty sheet in the living room. It looked like someone just made the beds and ran out. The drain in the bathroom didn't work so we were not able to take showers. When I told the same girl at the front desk, she acted as if we broke it. I told her it didn't really drain the day before either and she said she would have the maintenance man look at it. We didn’t even get an apology.

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone. I saw a lot of nicer hotels in the area that are priced the same or less.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kristina778
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed here with another family. They did arrange for us to have 1BR suites next to each other, which was nice. The room was clean but outdated. The free buffet in the morning was very bare. Walking distance to the beach. Pool on the top floor is small but adequate, but no room to swim if there are more than 4 people in the pool! Definitely not worth what we payed for the room.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Family of four stayed in a 2 room suite. We've been going to Rehoboth for more than twenty years, usually staying in another hotel. Choose Breakers due to short notice and availability. The room was clean, relatively close to the beach as well as restaurants and shopping. The hotel is inexpensive for a reason, the pool is small, they don't replace the coffee or soap unless you ask; but when you do it is provided quickly. The staff was efficient and polite. If you need pampering or a lot of amenities this is not the place for you. If you don't spend a lot of time in the room, don't mind 2 blocks to the beach and like to be close to stuff Breakers is a good place to stay. Please note that the beds are fine, but the pillows are not supportive, so you may want to bring your own.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RehobothVacationer
Reviewed 11 August 2011

For the price it is a major disappointment. Rooms are small especially the bathroom, smell, carpets are dirty and outside is not attractive considering your room overlooks the beautiful municipal parking lot. Don't be fooled by the website pictures.

Pool is on the roof and is enclosed with glass. The person who checked us in said you may not want to go to the pool during the summer because the room is like a sauna.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank marfo59
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I recently stayed here on a girls weekend and was excited to go someplace new. Rehoboth beach and the surrounding areas was adorable and would reccomending coming again. However the hotel was not worth the $180.00 a night. The room was very damp, dead bugs on the wall, had to request iron & hair dryer from front office, wifii was only available in lobby, and to use the fitness center it was a $4.00 charge. To add to it there was crumbs of chips behind the bed. So not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends