All reviews cookies double tree front desk concord pike doubletree by hilton room was clean hot tub nice hotel the hotel staff business trip hotel room convenient location enjoyed my stay nice stay longwood gardens wilmington area mall
Reviewed August 20, 2018

This hotel has seen newer days. The entrance is lovely. The evening staff is typically disinterested and un-engaged. I have stayed at this hotel for seven nights in the last month. The first time I actually checked in via the Hilton App. They gave the room away and left me with a room facing Hwy 202 (This is a very bad and noisy thing). I did not sleep for five days. The second time I received the room I booked (via the app) which faced the mall (very quiet). Slept well until 0600 when the garbage truck came (who picks up garbage while the quests are sleeping?)

The breakfast is very wanting; as is the wait-staff. They really don't want to serve you. They would rather be elsewhere.

Room tip: Needs to be away from Hwy 202
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Lynn W,

We appreciate your review of your recent stays at our hotel and are very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. We’ve addressed the issues you described with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our hotel’s promise, and your feedback helps us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

I've stayed in this property twice and it's ok. Location is good, outside of the city, next to a shopping mall, and easy to get to where I needed to go in suburban Wilmington. I've picked this hotel because it's the least expensive in the area and there is no charge for parking. Oddly, the Doubletree has been less expensive than the other Hilton properties in the area and it's supposed to be more of a premium brand than say Hampton Inn. It's a dated property and my last stay I found that that the pool was closed - I was unaware of this at the time of booking and had I known, I would have selected another hotel. Otherwise, it's clean, comfortable, quiet, and reliable for a single night stay. I would stay here again, if the price was right and the pool was reopened.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Francisco L, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you for staying with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Wilmington, we greatly appreciate you returning to our property. We will however be working on renovations to our public areas including, expanding the fitness room and an additional meeting space. We do apologize for this but hope that you may give us an opportunity to provide you with excellent service once our renovations are complete.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Attendeding a conference here. There is a parking lot in front and a large one in the back. The hotel sits next to a mall, but no drive connects the hotel with the mall, and there are no sidewalks. We were greeted by front desk personnel, and although it was after 3:00, our room was not yet ready. The young man at the front desk stated our room would not be ready until 4:00, and when I questioned him further, he was dismissive. When he left, I approached the young woman at the desk, who was much more concerned, contacted housekeeping again, and got us in the room shortly after 3:30. We checked in on line and took the room chosen by the hotel. And everbody gave us cookies. Very tasty cookies. Our room was clean and the a/c worked fabulously. The back of the bathroom door shows splintering at the bottom and some of the wallpaper shows creases and bubbles. I was amazed at how poorly the walls block sound from the other rooms. We heard the radio playing this morning in the room next door. When I was in the bathroom, I could hear and entire conversation coming in through the vent. Now tonight, as I write this, bass is blaring, and music is loud. I am wearing ear plugs and it is still too loud. When we called the front desk, we were told that there’s an event going on below us and it should be over at 10 pm. Little comfort to us as we have an early morning. After back and forth with the front destk, the clerk informed us that they asked the band to turn down the bass and they would comp us for part of the cost of the room. We realy weren’t in the mood to pack up our stuff and move to another room. My point us, why in the world doesn’t this place value the comfort of all guests and either limit loud music or provide better insulation. There is a restaurant here at the hotel. Breakfast is not included in the regular cost, but you can buy a “package”. There are no other restuarants serving breakfast in walking distance, as far as I can tell, but plenty of chain restaurants around for lunch and dinner. If you stay, ask for an upper floor.

Date of stay: July 2018
Francisco L, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for all of the feedback that you provided as we are always attempting to better our guest experience. We do apologize about the check-in time, but glad that we were able to accommodate you for the early check-in. We are sorry to disappoint you with out breakfast charge as part of Hilton we have various brands that may meet your needs as they include complimentary breakfast. Thank you once again for staying with us! We do hope that you may give us another opportunity to give you the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Horrible location . . . . . small rooms . . . . . and being a Hilton Honors member I expected better. They have what appears to be a "Hilton Honors floor" but when making reservations and using points you stay where they put you. When inquiring about the Hilton Honors floor (as marked in the elevator) the person at the front desk fiddled with the computer and said we have no rooms as we have several big groups staying here this weekend. Fair enough but when I was PAYING I received umpteen emails to upgrade to a suite for a small amount money . . . hey it is what it is. I would NOT stay here again but feel free to and see for yourself if what I am saying is true.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at here at DoubleTree. We apologize that we were unable to give you an upgrade as a Hilton Honors member unfortunately we have limited suites hopefully if you decide to give us a try in the future we will be able to accommodate that request. Thank you for you feedback!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Hotel service was excellent, staff very friendly, issues handled quickly and professionally, hotel next to big mall and all chain restaurants across the road and down the road. A couple of miles from the I-95 Interstate (easy on-easy off).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carla C, Front Office Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

I’d like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide us with insight on your stay. Here at the Double Tree, your satisfaction is our first priority. We are delighted that we were able to provide you with excellent service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future; our goal is to ensure each stay is better than the last!