All reviews small airport front desk whole foods executive airport the breakfast area florida atlantic university yogurt waffle maker free breakfast marriott standards clean rooms pool and hot tub stayed one night each morning checking in the entire staff boomers
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I am very please to say I had a lovely experience when I arrived at the hotel I was a little early for checking in for my stay Nichole from guest services greeted me with a smile that made my day a lil better than the traffic I was in before I arrived she gracefully check me to my room which was clean and neat for the two days I was there(front desk team) karishma,and kaile ask me how was my stay was thus far and they gave me directions to ideal restaurants that were good in the area over all the whole staff worked as a team made me feel comfortable I will definitely come back and visit there service is well appreciated!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Good breakfast. Comfortable beds.
Nice and helpful staff. About 20 mins from FLL airport.
Nice mall and restaurants near by. Ample parking.
Fresh baked cookies in the evening. Quick check-in & check-out.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was well located (right off I-95, near Cinemark Movie Theater, & Boomers family fun center) and on the newer side. The pool and fitness center are small but useful. The beds are comfortable with enough pillows. Water pressure and temperature was excellent and the Paul Mitchell bath products are a nice touch. But, the ability to have our family pet with us was the real reason we chose this hotel. The first 2 floors are designated for pets and we paid the $125 non-refundable fee. Breakfast was better than average with scrambled eggs, cheese omelettes, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruits, bread items, and coffee, tea, milk and juices. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2017

I've stayed in a number of Fairfield Inns before and always enjoyed my stays, so was looking forward to our recent stay, but now, afterwards feel let down.
The hotel doesn't make it easy to pick a quiet side wedged as it is on I-95 in front and the private Boca Airport behind it, but the desk clerk recommended the rear as the "airport closes at 8PM." Well, we had 3 rooms over 4 days on the rear of the building and I can tell you the airport hasn't heard they close at 8PM...we heard private jets taking off as late at 11:30PM. Not a constant stream, but you know when they are going.
Switching rooms was because the a/c units in the rooms didn't work. One morning we woke up in a sweat...a/c set at 69 and room temp at 75...just didn't work. They moved us to another room with an equally loud unit, which did cool down. We were told by the night desk not to set temp lower than 70 or unit would freeze over and stop working. When relaying this to the morning staff, we were looked at like we had screws loose. When our daughters, in another room called because their unit sounded like a plane taking off, maintenance showed up, told them there was a problem with the belt that he couldn't fix and left them with the percussion section still banging away.
I don't know how old this Fairfield Inn is, but I'm sure, considering the weather in Florida that the a/c units take a beating, which means they need to be well maintained and likely need to be replaced more often than in other locales...these looked like the original equipment in the building and was a definite weak spot in our stay that lowered our rating. Rooms were cleaned well and in good shape, though the furniture was a bit beat and outdated, but I would have been fine with that had the a/c worked and we didn't have to move several times till we found a unit that worked properly...loudly...but at least it was pumping cool air.
The breakfast was also a disappointment. The hotel was full but only one lady was trying to work the whole shift by herself...can't be done, so many items were depleted and not replaced. At one point there was no coffee or hot water, how does that happen? I will say the fresh fruit was pretty good, but choices were limited to whatever was left each morning and there was no change in offerings the week we were there. This was easily the worst breakfast service I've had at any of the 3 or 4 different Fairfield Inns I've ever stayed at.
The saving grace should be/could be the staff and about half of them were just great. Helpful, thoughtful...couldn't be nicer and the other half didn't seem to care at all about the guests...and I'm not talking about just front desk or handymen here. One morning a woman I took to be the manager was helping in the kitchen and her interactions with a number of guests, including us left me stunned. She couldn't spare a smile or a nice word for anyone.
Heck, we all knew there was a crowd of us there for breakfast and a smile and some nice words from her would have made everyone more comfortable, but she seemed annoyed we were there...how dare we stay at her hotel and make her work?
Who needs this? We don't. The place is easy to get to and is close to shopping and FAU and a big movie theatre, but walls are thin, place can be noisy and you've got a rock (airport) and a hard place (interstate) to choose a room between.
There was enough good to give the place 3 stars at best, but the noise put us off and the lack of a/c was the finisher for us. Next time we'll be staying elsewhere.

Room tip: One side faces the interstate and other side faces the airport...the airport side is marginally better.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2017

Excellent concern and caring for us as Marriott rewards members.
We are her for 4 weeks and she was so very helpful. She was albe to help us with suite changes that were the most beneficial for us for a longer term stay.

Room tip: best views are facing the runway of the airport
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple