“Best dinner in a long time”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Ranked #30 of 893 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2016

We eat out a lot, and we had the best dinner in a long time at Le Rivage. The onion soup and the escargot were both fabulous. The duck with cherry sauce was excellent, as were the sweetbreads (healthy portion) and the bay scallops. The orange cheese cake was very light, and the crème brulee was perfect. The apple tart and vanilla ice cream was worth the wait. The wine list was extensive and offered wonderful choices at reasonable prices. Our server, Paulette, was such a wonderful addition to a wonderful meal. The fixed menu offers many options, for $35.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

If you want good food - this is the place.

Foie Gras, great, Duck with cherries, great.

Only detail, atmosphere not really 21st century.

Reviewed January 5, 2016

a charming informal restaurant price fixed menu available up to 530p at 20.00 per person
very well priced and good value. Excellent selection of either an appetizer or soup , many choices for the main course and a good selection of desserts
A very enjoyable meal . Service was good and the waiter was helpful with choices and changes where possible.
it is truly a place to return to and we will as soon as possible
whrer fcr

Reviewed January 2, 2016

While looking for a restaurant to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary with friends, I came upon Le Rivage in Boca Raton. What a find! We went for the sunset dinner since we had purchased tickets for a show for later in the evening. The food was very good, the service was very attentive and the place has a lovely ambiance. We plan on going back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2015

My girlfriend, Linda, while American - Armenian, is very "French" in language and culture. After the closing of the famous "Bistro Provence" last spring (A landlord/rent issue) she decided we should try Le Rivage for Thanksgiving.

Okay, a French restaurant for Thanksgiving!

She had been there a couple of times before over the last several years, though it was my first time. She called to make reservations and spoke directly with the chef / owner, Paul.

We arrived at the reserved time of 6:30. The restaurant was mostly filled, and we were immediately seated at a spacious table for four.

Service from our French server was excellent. No wait for anything, and all courses served in proper succession, and with proper time in between. A relaxing evening.

As to the food: Linda had escargot. Typical preparation and very nice, but one can do better. I had the French onion soup. Okay, what is this strange taste in the soup?
I had Linda taste it. Yes, it tastes like nutmeg! Huh? I ate it, but if there was nutmeg added, I would leave it out. Frankly I prefer the FOS at Duffy's!

We both had the turkey dinner, and it was superb, with more trimmings than we could eat. We both took half of it home!

Desert was an apple torte for Linda and chocolate mouse for me. Perfect. Espresso and cappuccino we also up to par.

The owner, chef Paul, was visible in the dining room too. Very good!

Despite good food and service, after ten years in business the restaurant needs a face lift inside. "Bland" is the word I would use. Light colors, but not much more. Just not much atmosphere. For $5000 and you could take it to another level.

Otherwise, we'll be back.