“Great stay, but a few blemishes...”

Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I was in town for a wedding and this hotel seemed perfect! However, when we checked in and went up to our room, our keys wouldn't work. This happened several times during our stay, which was very annoying. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Some people who had been attending a wedding at the hotel were very noisy on my floor. I mentioned it to the front desk and was told that the hotel did not have security. I was surprised at that. Anyway, breakfast was good, but I thought it was a little overpriced. The housekeeping staff was courteous. Also, John and Debbie who worked at the front desk, during the evenings, were awesome! Thank you both! With that said, Luwanda who also worked at the front desk was kind of rude and very condescending. She was at the front desk when I asked a male employee a question. Before he could answer, she answered from across the desk ten to fifteen feet away. Later that morning, I asked another front desk employee where the luggage carts were located. Sure enough, Luwanda did it again and answered, "they're in use" in a condescending manner. Then she asked me if I was a guest and I just walked away. I then observed other guests exiting the elevators with luggage carts. I politely waited until they were done and I began to wheel the cart towards the elevator to bring down my luggage. Luwanda told me that I was not permitted to take the cart upstairs. I then mentioned that several other guests took the carts upstairs and she said that it did not matter because of hotel policy. At the same time, another guest wheeled a cart towards the elevators, so I did the same thing. I thought Luwanda was rude and I was very irritated, but I wasn't going to let her ruin my morning. Except for that, my stay was very nice...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I do not often give negative reviews but after staying at the Marriott Boca town centre I was very disappointed. I stay at Marriott hotels frequently (my family even owns Marriott timeshare) but this hotel really did not meet Marriott's usual standards.

First, the lobby had an incredibly strong smell of parfum or air freshener. Anyone with any sensitivity at all to smell would not have been able to stay at the hotel. I was surprised to find this given how unacceptable these smells are in public spaces in this day and age.

As well, the common areas were not well kept. I have attached a picture of the elevator buttons so you can see how dirty and old it looked.

The beds were quite comfortable but the room lacked basic things that one would expect in mid level chain hotel (no full length mirror in the room). The wall and back of the door also had dirt, footprints that had not been wiped off.

Overall, k would not recommend this hotel until they do some work to improve their cleanliness and general environment.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah_L830
RonW-BocaMarriottGM, General Manager at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback Sarah_L830. We are very regretful that your experience at our property was not as excellent as it has been for others.

To address your issues, our lobby has a scent piped into it that is mandated by Marriott as the brand scent. Sometimes when it is first replaced the scent can be somewhat strong, I do apologize if you happened to catch it at that point. Typically our guests find it very pleasant.

In regards to our elevators, they are slated for renovation in the next couple of months. They are somewhat dated, however they are clean. I do agree that they definitely are overdue for replacement.

In the future we would certainly appreciate the opportunity to address any of the other issues you mentioned while you are on property by calling our front desk. Although we strive to be perfect there are times when we have hiccups, but do everything we can to make it right, right away for our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope that we have another opportunity to host you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough great things about all the staff.....from the bellman to the front desk to housekeeping to the servers. Great property and awesome location with all the nearby restaurants. I travel to Boca at least once a year and I'll be sure to tell everyone how great the experience was.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I really don’t think you could be in a better location in Boca, if you want to be near shopping, food, drinks, etc. the hotel itself is nice the front desk is the most helpful and aiming to please as I’ve have ever seen. You can walk out the back door and get what ever your heart desires. No need to go anywhere! Love it and will be back many times. Our daughter attends FAU, and hate not seeing her often.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I had an event to attend at FAU and wanted to stay somewhere nearby. I prefer Marriott hotels and the one I normally stay in was fully committed. I selected the Boca Center Marriott as the alternative. The hotel that weekend was hosting an event for the Wounded Warrior Project I think and it was extremely busy. To my surprise however, it was not chaotic.

Upon arrival, I had to make a change to my room reservation which was easily accommodated. I also was given a room w/ the best view - the front desk agent knew it, even making a recommendation to open the windows to view the tree lighting ceremony taking place that night.

My stay was pleasant and this hotel was a feasible alternative. I recommend this property and would choose so again when/if the opportunity presents itself.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Boca Center strip offers better views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2018

What a great stay. We checked in for two days,wish it had been more. The hotel is right next to the Town Center which is a cozy complex of restaurants and shops. We didn’t eat at the hotel because the choice of dining in the Town Center was incredible. Everything from Morton’s steakhouse to Sushi,Mexican and a great Tap grill. Not to mention Josephs Market where you can find upscale groceries and wine. The staff at the Marriott couldn’t have been more accommodating. We were given an early check in and had one night upgraded to the concierge level which is floors 11 and 12. We stayed in room 1111 and I would book it again. Nice and quiet and far from the elevators. The Concierge level allows you to access the concierge lobby lounge for free breakfast and nighttime snacks. Really a plus! The only complaint I did have was that the beautiful swimming pool was cold! I have to say we were there following a cold snap and the time we stayed there were winds or 25 mph. Very,very breezy! There was an adjoining jacuzzi that was nice. If you book a room here,make certain it’s facing the entrance and not facing the Town Center. The hotel is fairly close to the Boca airport and there are private jets flying very low throughout the day on the Gown Center side. We heard nothing in our room. This is a very nice hotel and we will definitely stay her on our next visit.

Room Tip: Floors 11 and 12 are concierge level. Definitely stay there
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobCMiddletown
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Such a great experience at this Marriott. From the time we arrived we were greeted at the front desk by a gentlemen who’s name escapes me at the moment, but nonetheless he was fantastic, very courteous and helpful and checked us In expeditiously. The room was great, clean comfy king size bed, flat screen TV, and a huge bathroom. The downstairs restaurant was good, they also had a very nice pool and workout facility. This place was top shelf. Great location, with many stores, restaurants, a great Italian market, and mall, all within walking distance.. We will definitely return..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family