All reviewshi expresspancake machineroom was cleanthree night stayolder propertybreakfast was delicioussmall poolfirst floorfort lauderdalefront desk clerkbusiness tripsouth floridarepairmicrowavefixtures
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Room Service poor , dirty , Hotel rooms needs renovation and you can smell humidity. I waited 1 hrs for electronic key at 2:30 am late morning which is not organize before guest arrival. Reception Stuff is so rude and he/she is not listening what you say and also he/she is not kind at all if you have any question or problem. I m also Platinum Elite member of IHG , no any welcome bonus etc. nothing.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel if possible
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Hello TanziSDA,

It is nice to know that we have hosted one of our IHG Rewards Platinum Elite members recently and I appreciate your feedback.

I am glad that you were satisfied with our location, and overall service from some of our hotel staff. However, I am sorry that your stay was not a complete success because we missed the opportunity of welcoming you better. I also apologize that we fell short of y9our expectations in terms of our hotel and rooms' ambiance. What you described are not the way we wanted to serve any of our guests.

I have shared your comments with our management for them to consider this when doing future discussions about enhancements. I also passed this on to our reception staff for additional training.

Your loyalty is important and we would love to continuously serve you in your future travel plans.

Regards,

Anne A

Reviewed February 11, 2018

This motel needs renovation; dirty carpets and poor bathroom lighting highlight this condition. The front desk staff was pleasant but seemed overwhelmed (she was working alone on a Friday afternoon). There was a miscommunication problem, and we were first sent to an unclean room.The breakfast staff person was friendly and accommodating, but the famous cinnamon rolls were dry. The personnel seem to be trying, but their performance cannot make up for the lackluster accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Patricia G,

I welcome your thoughts and thank you for staying with us. We do the best we can to provide our guests with a worthwhile experience and I am sorry you felt otherwise because of the mix-up in the room assignment, hotel condition, quality of breakfast options served. The reviews you provide help us a lot in mapping out areas to better serve guests like you. I have informed our hotel regarding your feedback and will be highly regarded should there be plans of future upgrades.

Even though it turned differently, it made me smile knowing the members of our staff have served you wonderfully and I wish nothing more but to be able to serve you again. I am positive to make it better and even more.

Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

The good - hotel staff is wonderful (housekeeping, front desk and breakfast staff).

The property is tired and needs a renovations. It took 4 trips back and forth to the front desk to get working keys. After the 4th attempt they had to bring a portable key machine to my room to get the key active. The beds were on old metal bed frames and noisy. I stayed two days and moved to another property.

The breakfast was on part with other Holiday inn express properties.

I would steer clear.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the friendliness of our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with your keys and the shortfalls you have noticed with the condition of our hotel. I also apologize for the experience you had with your bed. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Badly in need of renovations. Very outdated. A/C worked okay, not the best, but could have definitely been worse. Comfy bed, clean linens. Shower head needs replacing as well. Breakfast was not bad for being free. Lots of choices. Coffee could be improved. Key cards are crap. Had to insert multiple different keys multiple times to get the door to unlock. Overall, not horrible, but not the best.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Hi angab24!

Thanks for allowing us to host your trip in Boca Raton and sharing your thoughts! We're glad to read about your appreciation for our comfortable beds and varied breakfast options. We're very sorry though about the issues on our update, bathroom maintenance, and key card that marred your otherwise pleasant stay. We are committed to bring true hospitality to life, everyday. You can be sure your comments will be taken into consideration when making decisions about our future upgrades.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, and I hope to have the opportunity to restore your complete confidence in your future travel needs.

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed December 23, 2017

The location was great! Easy access to highway and shopping. The hotel staff was very pleasant and the room was comfortable. The overall general upkeep of the hotel was moderate/average [some areas, hallways, painting, etc. may need updating]. However, I had an extended stay -- 13 night -- and would have liked to have a microwave in my room. I requested and was advised that I would be switched to the appropriate room when it became available. I was never contacted.

I also lost a house key. The front desk advised me a key was found, a note was placed on the key at the front desk counter, but "someone at the desk must have thrown it away". Although I will never be 100% certain it was my key that was lost and thrown away, the response about throwing away a key was disappointing and odd.

Nonetheless, my extended stay was fine/comfortable.

Room Tip: Not every room is equipped with microwave. Check first.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boca Raton-West, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Hi jillcapris,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the level of service received and how your concern was handled. I'm sorry for the letdown. This will be shared with hotel management to address accordingly.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Again, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express !

Warm Regards,