All reviews front desk hot oatmeal tri rail station bedroom area make your own waffles free breakfast fresh fruit king suite nice stay west palm beach the breakfast area nice pool breakfast staff room was clean and comfortable easy access leigh microwave
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting my son who goes to college in Boca. On my most recent visit I once again stayed at the Springhill Suites, and I have noticed a few changes.

The desk chair in the room needs to be updated. Even on the highest setting the chair is too low if you want to work at the desk. The towels in the bathroom appear to be getting thin. There is only shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom--no lotion. The mini fridge and microwave are still extremely convenient. The air conditioning is efficient and quiet. The beds are comfortable, and the free internet is fast. The free breakfast is still good--make-your-own-waffles, hard boiled eggs,muffins, pancakes, toast, bagels, English muffins, hot oatmeal, cereals, yogurt, fruit, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, milk, juices, coffee, all types of tea, The major drawback at breakfast time is the woman who is in charge of it. Breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30, and heaven help the hotel guests who arrive between 9:15 and 9:30. At 9:30 sharp she begins grabbing everything and hurriedly starts locking things up. If guests wish to get a few more items to eat or drink at 9:30, she gives annoyed glances their way, and has a very surly manner with them. Her mood is not much better at 7:30 either. Her attitude is a total contrast to the other hotel employees who go out of their way to be friendly, helpful, and polite. Maybe she was just having a bad week during my last visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank theatremom
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Dear Theatremom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our rooms comfortable and convenient. Also, thank you for letting us know about your experience in our breakfast area. We have addressed this with our staff and assure you that this is not our standard service. We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed here from April 29th- May 1st with my boyfriend for a visit to the Boca Raton/Miami area to visit several family members. We arrived around 11 pm on April 29th and the man at the front desk greeted us very kindly and checked us in quickly. He told us about the free breakfast in the morning and told us how to get to our room. The room is comfy looking when you walk in. As soon as we walked in there was a couch and two lamps to the left and a desk area, sink and mini fridge to the right. The bed was past the couch with a little wall dividing the couch from the bed. The flat screen tv was in between the couch and bed on a nightstand but the tv can be turned to either the bed or the couch. The bathroom which included a toilet and bathtub was clean. The sink area which included towels, hair dryer, tissues, soap and shampoo was also clean. I woke up multiple times throughout the course of the night because the mattress was so soft and every time my boyfriend would move it would wake me up. The bed had 6 pillows which was really nice. At 6 AM I heard a loud group of people and from then on my ability to sleep got shot down. You can hear every single sound someone in the hallway is making. We didn't hear anyone in the rooms next to us. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was from 7AM-10AM and consisted of the usual: cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, english muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, orange juice, cranberry juice, milk. The seating area for breakfast is very nice. This hotel is good for the price but if you are a light sleeper I would suggest you find a hotel with good reviews about the sleep quality.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newjorker
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

We appreciate your time in leaving us feedback about your stay at the SpringHill Suites Boca Raton! The beds in all of our guest rooms are new pillowtop mattresses and are the "Marriott Bedding Package". We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities and we are happy to be able to provide you and every guest with excellent service. Please visit us again the next time you are in the Boca Raton area!

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed in late March while on a visit to FAU. Hotel was conveniently located to the University and I-95. Room was clean but the rate of over $145 was a little high. Sleeping wasn't an issue for me but my husband complained that he heard the train come by(the hotel is right next to the tracks). Also, if you want to sleep with some darkness, make sure you don't take a room that faces the parking lot. Our room was right next to the light pole and the light showed through our room all night. I checked for room darkening shades but they didn't have them. Not crazy about the layout of the bathroom/sink area. The toilet/shower is in one room while the sink is in another. For the price they charged, SpringHill suites should provide at least 2 queen beds. Not even sure if they were doubles. All in all, a nice stay but I would choose another hotel the next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NYToTampaGirl
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

First we thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I have shared your comments with our general manager and assure you that we have "black out shades" in all of our guest rooms. In addition, all of our rooms with (2) Beds are Double/Double Beds. We are terribly sorry that your husband's sleep was disturbed as we are located close to the train tracks, there is a city mandate that there are to be no horns nor signals during the night hours and our windows have triple-pane glass. We hope that should you allow us the opportunity of serving you again in the future and that you please contact me directly and I will see to it that your room is perfect and quiet. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I actually stayed here twice in December 2010...once with parents and once myself a week later....Typical clean and comfortable Springhill...although the sofabeds are not very comfortable...I have only slept in a few hotel pullouts in the last few years..and they all seem very thin and lumpy ..unlike the very comfy bed King matresses Marriott has...Wifi worked well..shower was very good with decent pressure and hot water...Breakfast was very well run..and nicely stocked..with fruit and good oatmeal...Fitness room was nice...and functional..but would love to see personal TV's on cardio at all hotels..but that may be a long way off...The best part of this hotel is the pool area...It is very relaxing and with beautiful flowers..a great place to sit and read on a sunny mild day...pool was great for a swim..and hot tub was working well....The Tri Rail train goes right by hotel...and is a minor noise annoyance...on back side of hotel..but not enough to deter me from staying here again..Nice Springhill value...Recommend...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
JenDott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing the feedback regarding your stay with us in March. We are ecstatic that you really enjoyed our hotel including the pool area, services and amenities and our #1 goal is to make our guests feel at home when they stay with us! We apologize for the Tri Rail noise and uncomfortable pull out bed. We will be fully renovating our hotel next year with brand new furniture and we have installed triple pane windows to deter the noise. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we do hope to have you back with us in the near future.

The SpringHill Suites Boca Raton Staff

Reviewed March 14, 2011

ask if they have any large group of college kids staying. The rooms are excellent but the walls are thin so all the noise can be heard. As for breakfast it's the same old stuff but you gotta get to it before the kids get there.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are centrally located near various schools and universities and often host student groups, however, we do feel we do a good job in containing the noise level and making sure all of our guests are happy. As a loyal Marriott customer, you know you can expect a certain level of service and consistency when staying with us. SpringHill Suites, as a brand, provides a deluxe complimentary breakfast buffet where you will find at any SpringHill Suites you stay at. We have come to find this consistency is very important to our guests. We take the comments of our guests very seriously and hope that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you again in the future.

The SpringHill Suites Boca Raton Team