“Hidden Gem!!”
Review of El Pollo Rico

El Pollo Rico
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Bokeelia
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I find it hard to believe anyone could not love this place. Small and homey, the staff is beyond friendly - it was our second time here and we were greeted and treated like family. Every dish we've had has been anywhere between wonderful and OMG fantastic! Tonight we did Seafood stuffed mushrooms, soft shell crabs, two kinds of soup (both the clam chowder and chicken soup are excellent, though the chowder is my fave), and beer. The portions are huge. For $12 we had so many mushrooms it was almost a meal itself. The soup "cup" is a full bowl. Crabs were perfect crispness, which also described my chicken last visit.
It's a bit of a drive to go to Pine Island for many, but it's totally worth it. SO glad we found this place, and will be back.

2  Thank Mina P

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This place has really worked out it's opening kinks. Now we are becoming regulars. The wings are the best I've had in years.
Super salad and great sangria

1  Thank Benet K
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Had a great lunch. Quaint, friendly service and great food at reasonable price! A must try! All food prepared from scratch in house!

1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We live in St James City and I have driven past El Pollo Rico several times. Saw a local article the other day and then our neighbor mentioned it. So, we went for it. Nice clean place, with nice staff. The name threw me off because the menu has such a variety. Salsa , chicken skewers from the apps, and everyone else's meals were fresh and tasty. We will be back. The 5lb burrito looks interesting. My only suggestion is the signage out front needs reworking.

1  Thank Auntmomo
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Read an article in the Fort Myers News-Press and decided this would be worth a special trip. And it was worth it. We had never been to Pine Island before so we thought this would be a good excuse to go there and we weren't sorry. Went for lunch on a Thursday and it wasn't crowed - but it is the off-season. I wanted the soft shell crab which they source locally but they were all out as they had a run on them the day before (as a result of the newspaper article). I ended up with the crabcaje sandwich and my wife had the crabcake appetizer. Both were excellent. She also had a bowl of their roasted chicken soup and I can tell you it was incredible. The side of plantains I had were excellent. We topped it off with their key lime pie. Having just come back from Key West a couple of days previous I can tell you this was better than what we had in Key West - and they were good there as well - this was just a little better. The meringue and pastry we better. Everything here is made by the restaurant so it is all fresh. Our server, Morgan, was a tremendous ambassador for EPR. When I made a complement on the pie she said very seriously and with complete honesty "they are made with love"....and you can tell that the owner/chef Michael Micheli loves to cook, serve and take care of his customers. Great place to stop. You can almost miss this place. After you cross over the bridge from Cape Coral it is at the end of Pine Island Road (on your right behind another small building). We later drove from one end of the island to the other and it was a fun outing. Will do it again....and stop at EPR again! One last item. They had a mayo based sauce with some other good spices/flavoring for the sandwich and it is incredible; I am not a mayo guy.

Been to El Pollo Rico? Share your experiences!