“Seafood and Beef Chili, Too???”

Beach House Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The newly renovated Beach House Restaurant is a world class location situated directly on the beach with indoor and outdoor dining and sweeping views of the Gulf of Mexico. Dine with your toes in the sand on fresh Florida seafood and a variety of menu items made with just picked produce from our own farm and fresh from the gulf seafood as well as sustainable seafood from around the world. Live music nightly, a full bar and beautiful sunsets make this a must do spot to visit during your vacation and for locals to visit regularly.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we have been in this area a looooong time.
I’ve been coming to The Beach House literally forever. The last couple years, they’ve gone they renovations so we’ve skipped it until tonight. Oh where did my Beach Hose menu go? I get growing up. I get exploring new creations. But where in the heck does adding beef and chili to a menu come from? Or Mexican corn? Or the often seen in Chicago option of anything short rib (in this case it’s the proverbial short rib taco)?
The menu felt like someone (prob the chef) is trying to not be a restaurant on the beach in Florida. Yes, I’m aware there are seafood options. But it’s the strangest thing to read on the menu about Wild Boar or grass fed beef.
Where’s the warm spinach artichoke dip in a giant bread bowl? Where’s the giant rum runner? Where’s the live Floribeann 1 person band getting everyone in vacay mood?
We’re talking folks about a restaurant right on the beach that showcases incredible sunsets. This is a place where if there’s an hour wait, you could sit on the beach with a tropical drink and watch the sunset, happily I may add, while you wait for your table. Food critique - here you go:
Calamari - skip it chewy and broke up in mouth. Gross.
Fish paste- table loved it. Commented it was better than Walt’s.
Caesar salad - good.
Seafood trio - really good. Glad I got the sauce on the side. Didn’t need it and didn’t use it. Side note: a very midwestern veggie side dish accompanied our dinners. Note to chef- look around. Pearl potatoes are unwelcome here. Back to the drawing board, Chefie.
Seafood skillet - husband liked it
Pasta w grouper - Mom liked it
Grouper sandwich - Dad sent back. Said it was lukewarm and tough. Highly suspected it was yesterday’s fish. Side note: my grouper and moms was good however mine had so much butter and breadcrumbs, it could of been a Gordon’s fish stick and I wouldn’t of known better.
Dessert- really good key lime pie. Only thing it’s missing is quality whipped cream. Still have to give it to a Publix for the win on having best key lime pie around.
Coconut cake - Mom loved.
Chocolate cake - strongly rivaled a multi layer Costco cake. Good yes but expected better.

Guest S, General Manager at Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Let me start by saying thank you for the visits over the years. The menu has changed some and I understand that for some the changes have been exceedingly positive and for others, some of their favorites may have left. For those items that you enjoyed, thank you. For those that you didn't, I will share your points with our culinary team.

Dave Gallagher, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Delightful seafood and friendly, hard working waiters. The food is excellent and worth the slightly high prices. However, the ambience in the restaurant is akin to a tire center: The noice level is unbelievable and the acoustics of the room unbelievably poor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your food and waitstaff on your recent visit. I am sorry that the noise level was high. At this time of year, we are at maximum capacity with a wait time and with that many people, all enjoying themselves, it can sometimes get a bit noisy. I do apologize for that.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had dinner here 1 evening after hanging out on the beach. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the food & told us that what we ordered did not have flour or sugar as 2 of my friends could not have it. The both ordered the salad for four to start & then the special Roasted Seafood Skillet that was delicious. I had the New England Clam Chowder that had to be returned as it was cold. It was OK but not the best I've had. I then had the Atlantic Salmon Filet Char Grilled, Bourbon Barbeque Sauce, Asparagus, Quinoa Rice which was very tasty. I had the bourbon sauce on the side & dipped.

We came back for lunch 2 days later. I'm not very fond of veggies but had the veggie sandwich that was EXCELLENT. Their homemade chips were the best. My friends order the grouper & burger, both without the bun. Both were quite tasty. It was lovely sitting on the beach with my feet in the talcum powder sand. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I am glad that you and your friends had a great visit with us at the Beach House and that our wait staff was able to direct you to the best menu items for your dietary needs.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our server was very entertaining throughout the whole dinner! He also expressed the variety of different types of food here. Overall, he was very funny and enhanced our dinner!

Guest S, General Manager at Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dave,
I am glad that you enjoyed your entire meal experience with us. Thank you for the nice review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great service. Great recommendations, and very friendly from our server, Tony. The food was very great also.

Carter,
Tony is a great server and does make the meal fun as well as delicious. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and Tony's service. I will make sure to pass on your compliments.