“Tasty Tacos”

Taco Bus
Ranked #91 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Description: For nearly a decade, Taco Bus has proudly delivered a healthy, fresh, authentic Mexican taste experience to our Tampa fans. Just one bite of a burrito, tostada, ensalada or quesadilla, and your taste buds will be singing traditional Mexican folk songs. The word “quality” falls miserably short in its attempt to describe the Taco Bus commitment to doing everything better, from gluten free and vegan offerings, to the freshest, tastiest, crunchiest flavors on four wheels. The textures will enchant, the fresh baked Telera rolls beckon, the roasted poblano breaks into song with every bite, as you are invited on a journey south, across the border.
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

I was in Tampa for work and we stopped here because it was close to our hotel. It was a great surprise. The atmosphere with the bus was great, we sat outside and enjoyed the weather. The tacos were simple but delicious. We all enjoyed combo platters with the choice of taco fillings. The sauces were the star of the dinner, they were fresh and flavorful.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

It was late and the team needed to eat. We found the Taco Bus in a gas station across from the State Fair. I would not normally eat at a Gas station, but WOW. The food was really good. The carne asada taco was the closest we have had since San Diego.

I would recommend everyone try it, at least once.

Reviewed December 23, 2016

I have always enjoyed the food at Taco Bus. When I lived in Tampa I went to the Hillsborough Avenue location. At the time it was the only Taco Bus. It was always fresh and delicious. There would usually be a wait but I'm okay with waiting when the food is good. The Taco Bus in Brandon is terrible. The last time I placed an online order. I was a few minutes early picking up the order so I expected to wait until at least my order pick up time or maybe 10 minutes or so after that. About 30 minutes after I arrived my order was brought out. I left a tip as always but I wish I could take it back. When I got home my order was completely wrong. I wish I could say this was the first time this happened but it is an on going problem with this location. Every online order I place is incorrect. And it's never something simple like I asked for no cheese and there is cheese on the order. For me they always get the protein wrong. I ordered marinated pork and they gave me ground beef. I ordered shrimp and they give me chicken. Each time it happens I tell myself never again but this time really is the last time I give my money to people who just don't care about their service and quality of food they put out. I called to complain but that yielded no results. The person I spoke with was adamant that I ordered ground beef. I explained that I am looking at the email confirmation that was sent to me by Taco Bus and it confirms the items that I ordered. If the burrito had been tasty I would not have written this review. But I could have gotten the same thing from Taco Bell and saved about $10. Taco Bus was a favorite spot but no more.

1  Thank Teresa T
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed chicken tacos! They have amazing Guacamole & salsa made daily! It was as a long wait to get our take out order 20+ mins. And it didn't appear to be extremely busy. I was told it because everything is made fresh, and it was delicious but long wait

Reviewed September 25, 2016

I ordered an El plato and added steak to it for a friday lunch at brandon location.The food is amazing and tasty.Its not that great food but okay.We had to wait for our lunch since restaurant was little crowded.parking also fills fast and this is a famous restaurant.restrooms are clean and acceptable.Foods are not spicy but well done.Meat was not premium and we can add premium meat by adding additionally.