“Great burgers, low prices”
Review of Checker's

Checker's
Ranked #212 of 312 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 10 January 2017

For a fast food burger, Checkers is hard to beat. Much better than McDonald's or Burger King. The burgers are good size and taste great. The french fries are seasoned and are the absolute best I have had anywhere.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Most Checkers/Rallys I've been to I've ran into some problem. I never had a issue at this location. Love the fry lovers burger.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Every time I eat here I have had to jet to the john! I rarely eat here. May be tasty, but usually greasy and not a healthy fast food choice.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I was quite disappointed the last time I visited this location and thought I would give it another try in response to the TV ad for two pieces of fish and french fries for $2. I could not believe how small the pieces of fish were. It was probably the equivalent of about three fish sticks, far from the beautiful and ample portion shown in the ad. I must say that the food was tasty and served hot as it should be, but it clearly was not what was advertised. I complained to what appeared to be a manager and she said that they serve what is sent to them and have no control over what the corporate office provides. I ate outside at the tables and a couple who were seated at the next table complained out loud over their order. I don't know all the problems they encountered, but the man went back to the counter to discuss the complaint and came back with no satisfaction. It is a shame that the place has such problems. I asked for a knife and fork when I ordered and was told they do not provide knives. Every other fast food place provides plastic utensils, including knives, to customers. What kind of people do they have that they cannot provide their customers with a knife to cut the food? I have learned my lesson and will not give Checker's a third try. Also, while I was seated at the table a woman came through the drive through by me and had a complaint about a problem she had the previous day. I could not hear everything said, but it did not seem that anything positive came from her complaint. The same person I believe to be the manager kept telling her that if she had her receipt and such statements as that then something could be done. I did hear the woman say something about don't you remember me and the manager responded that she did.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I had not been there for quite some time and went this time because of the ad for the $1.49 double hamburger. I was very disappointed. First of all, it took a very long time for the food to be prepared. There was a long line which I have never seen at this place before. When I got the burger it was rather flat and absolutely nothing like the ad on TV. It wasn't very warm, I asked for a knife, fork and spoon and they had no knives. I prefer to cut my hamburger before eating it. The people in line were mumbling about he wait and the young man immediately in front of me said he was on a half hour lunch break and would have only about five minutes to eat his food and return to work. While I was waiting at the pick up window, two different people came up and told them that various items requested were left out of the bag. The area around the restaurant was not very clean. I sat at one of the picnic tables provided and had to get extra napkins to dry it off. It had rained some, but the staff had plenty of time to have made a sweep through the area and dry the seats and tables. Squished food was underneath the table also. As I was leaving a young couple was looking for a clean table and I heard them comment on the conditions and told them I was leaving and had cleaned that table and bench. They sat there.
I used to go to this Checker's more often in the past, but had problems with their not taking Discover card. Now I use VISA which they do take, but have fallen out of practice of going there.