“Great Help! A hidden value for travellers!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bushnell
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bushnell
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I became very ill during my stay and required hospitalization. The hotel staff were outstanding in this instance. I found during my stay before and after the hospitalization that the hotel was very nice and the accommodations were what I would expect from a Marriott or similar venue. Kudos to the staff!! Great job.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Denise M

Reviewed 3 January 2012

hotel was dirty, even had part of a marijuana cigarette left on the night stand. does anyone clean that place? staff was friendly but elevator rattled so bad wasn't even sure we would make it down to the lobby. i work the front desk of a hotel in Branson, Mo. so i know how the hotel should be. i must say i was disapointed to say the least. We stayed the night of Dec 28th, 2011. we will never stay at a Microtel again!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Missi H
Reviewed 11 December 2011

On the morning of December 11, we were unable to get the full value of what we paid b/c we could not eat the breakfast. Steve, the man on duty, smelled very dirty. My daughter and son-in-law were waiting for us for breakfast and observed the following:

Steve entered the restroom in the lobby and exited while the toilet was flushing giving him NO time nor opportunity to wash his hands. He then went to the food area and handled food utensils and items.

Steve coughed severely into his bare hand, looked at the results of the cough on his skin, and merely wiped it with a tissue. He then went back to working in the breakfast area without washing his hands.

Steve used an unsanitary hankie for his nose.

Steve was wearing a festive green shirt and holiday red tie. Yet, he was very rude to an elderly woman who approached the counter wearing a "Mrs. Claus" hat. When she approached the counter, he said "Bah Humbug" to her and scowled. She said "Surely there is something you are happy about!!" And Steve merely said "No."

Now, I don't care if it is Christmas or not, NO ONE should be rude to an old lady! And an employee should not be rude to any guest of any age. If Steve is going to feel like "Bah Humbug" and he is going to SAY "Bah Humbug" to guests, he should not be working during the holiday season. And for his rudeness, he should not be working at all!!

As for his gross habit of not washing his hands, that is an issue for me to take up with the health department. I find it intolerable that they have hired a grown man who doesn't know basic toiletring skills that people learned as a toddler. No one should enter the food area without going to wash hands and immediately going to the food area. When an employee leaves the counter to go service the food area, the employee should go directly to the bathroom to wash well with soap and running water. If a guest is waiting, the employee should kindly explain the proper handwashing used to keep all guests healthy and safe.

We had to leave without the breakfast that we were entitled to with our stay. And we had to go to McDonald's to purchase breakfast for us four adults at an expense we did not plan on.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank spockmycat
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel with wife and 2 children (3 and 1). The hotel was excellent value, the staff were very accommodating with extra pillows, sheets, crib. Room was clean. Free continental breakfast was included as well. You wont go wrong staying here...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The staff and the hotel was awesome!!!! The rooms were clean and exactly what was advertised. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful with everything we needed. The location was very convenient for our family to travel throughout central Florida. We would like to give a special thanks to Jona Gonzalez, Front Desk Clerk, she made our visit fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My family and I stayed at this place while passing through town, All i can say is that you dont find good service anymore, the staff was wonderful. I want to point out that Jonna at the front desk was exceptional. My family and I had never felt more at home. We were there unforuntaley for a funeral, but I tell you what , it wasn;t so bad while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank familyman002
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We were hesitate to visit this hotel do to the reviews I read before our trip. However, when my husband and I got into town and we found our other option, I was appalled. And we decided we would rather try our luck at the Microtel. When we pulled up, there was nothing scary about the place, it looked lovely. I can tell you one thing, I travel often for work, and customer service is hard to find, and the staff they have must be new, b/c they were very helpful and pleasant. The rooms were clean and fully stocked. My sister stayed in January of 2011 and said she would never go back, but my husband and I think someone new has taken over. Breakfast the next morning was just fine, we had a variety of fruits, and yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, cereals, and I forget what else. They also have more than 8 channels now!! (I read that in one of the reviews.) I spoke to one of the customer service reps at check out and she said they were going to be doing much more to the place as time when on.

So, I'm giving this Microtel a shot again, it looks like they have finally cleaned up their act!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank traveler30010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bushnell
0.7 km away
Days Inn Brooksville
#3 of 6 in Brooksville
18.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brooksville-I-75

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bushnell? Share your experiences!