“Never went through the gate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Canaveral
Jetty Park Campground
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Went to the park yesterday, we have just moved back to the area after 5 years. My sister in law had never been to the park, so we thought we would show her. We pulled up to the gate for a pass, the gate attendent said $5.00 and your liciense. I gave him both and he said $10. and the licience (I have a FL licience but not Brevard County). He said " well that's just the way it is". I wonder how many other folks would like to ride through and see if they would like to stay but are turned off by the rude attendent.
We were there about 12:30 PM, what I would consider Prime Time for visitors and were not treated at all like a guest but more like we were bothering the guard at the gate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank D J F

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Nice, clean -city run location. Tent camping is $25 per tent, so it is a bit expensive for groups with multiple tents compared to state parks. Great fishing pier with the beach right there as well. The Cruse Ship channel is right next to you, so on weekends you will see those huge boats slowing saiiling a stone's trow away (they usually pull in early...like 5am on Sunday morning and leave late Sunday afternoons). We saw a nuclear sub, the USS New Mexico make a stop at the sub base which is right across the channel from the campsites...never been so close to a submarine...we could clearly see the captains white hair and glasses. My scouts had a great time and had plenty to do. By the way, if you like photography, go down to the beach at sunrise just south of the rock jetty for an outstanding photo location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Scoutmaster936
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed here in our motorhome several months ago and had a wonderful time. This is the place to stay if you enjoy watching cruise ships come and go!!! It is also a great family campground with bike paths, nature walks, the beach, and, of course, the jetty! There is also a snack bar! We stayed in a motorhome, but they also have great tenting sites. The sites are very spacious. Some are shaded and more private than others. Some have concrete slabs and some are grass so you can choose what type appeals to you. We decided that a grass site under a tree was best for us (oh, and one with a view of those cruise ships!!). We will definitely return to Jetty Park Campground soon!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tripsahoy16
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have been camping at Jetty since 1977. We have watched the rock jetty built, and all the sand pumped in. The managers have been super with the present one the greatest. always look forward to the next visit.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SparkplugClaytonIn
Reviewed 8 July 2011

had a good 3 day weekend at spring break. we tent camped and had 2 good days and nights, but third night had large group of student age set up next to us, which resulted in fireworks, wrestling, loud yelling up past midnight. Now I am not a prude, and have caused more trouble myself when young, so I don't blame the campers. Thats what you do when young and carefree. I blame the campground for not having night time personal to enforce their rules. The fireworks are a saftey and property damage issue. I would not go back with a family due to this lack of oversight. No wonder when we where there , one bath house was closed due to vandalism. Duh, give kids free reign at night and your lucky thats all the damage.

Better night time security is a must for this campground.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank ekepono
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This was our second trip to Jetty Park Campground in 10 years. The location is great: beautiful beach, clean grounds and sites, easy access in and out. We had a site in the open and away from trees with a full hookup. There were absolutely no bugs around. We were very comfortable there and had only one major problem. The 3 sets of campers that came in on the Easter weekend were VERY noisy into the wee hours of the morning. Loud music and talking and screaming kids!! The police even showed up at about 2 in the morning and hauled some people away. The beach was not crowded until Easter weekend, then it was packed, but still great shallow swimming and very warm water. We biked to Cocoa Beach via the beach a couple of times. Took a while, but it wasn't too far.
Great places for food and entertainment very close by.
Overall, it's a decent place to stay with a great beach. the campground police really need to keep a handle of the rowdy, noisy campers.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank truckboss
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I got here and was soooo excited to be able to stay 10 days and get some well needed rest!@ Beach was beautiful and pier was also...I did not see a fish caught by anyone while I was there however. The girls in the office,while efficient were not personable at all...It truly made me uncomfortable to have to go in there for anything! I stayed at site 76,,beautiful shade trees everywhere...gorgeous....and then I realized that looks are disceiving!There were these small flying bugs that seemed to love canvas and dark areas of any kind. They swarmed in and were in ALL in my things!!!If you opened the camper just to walk inside at least 100 would follow you in!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!But thats not all...catterpillars falling continually from trees on YOU! Its been 2 days since I've been back and I am still killing these bugs and trying to clean them out of my things!Oh and I didn't mention love bugs also especially on the beach..It was crazy! I have camped and never were there even remotely as many bugs...wrong time of year? Not from another camper I talked to...love bugs maybe but the other bugs...a fixture! I doubt I will go back and if I do I will have a site with NOT A TREE NEAR IT!

Room Tip: get a site with no trees