“Plain old beach but unfair pricing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Canaveral
Jetty Park Campground
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I arrived at the gate expecting to pay for parking, but I was surprised when the attendant said it would be $10. Ten dollars to park! And this was not in the prime summer season - it was in January when almost no one was there. The high price was bad enough, but then I learned that people who live in that county pay less. Ugh - taxation without representation - ever heard of it? Soak the people who live elsewhere, even us Florida residents. Do you believe no state or federal funds have been used for this facility? I don't. I had to be there, so I paid. What did I find? It's just a plain old Florida beach. Go to Daytona, and you can get a better beach for free. If you should go here, be sure to check before you go to see if toxic jellyfish are washing up on the shore.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank DanNewYork

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've stayed at Jetty Park for years. Its location right on the beach is excellent and the large cruise ships coming and going from Port Canaveral provide good scenery. Fishing from the jetty does not require a Florida license.
In the past the biggest drawback here was the lack of some facilities. For instance, you could get 50-amp electrical service on some sites, but no sewer. The sites with sewer connections had only 30-amp service.
That is changing rapidly. The sites closest to the ocean as of this writing (January 8th, 2012) are being upgraded with full concrete pads, 50-amp electrical AND sewer connections. Completion is due by February 1, 2012. At that time the west end of the park will close for a similar upgrade.
Stays of up to three weeks are allowed and big rigs are now welcome. Bring current shot records for your pets.
This is a great place to base for several weeks as shopping in nearby Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island is good, Melbourne and Orlando are 40 minutes away.
If you are going on a cruise, parking at the pier is $15 a day so it might be convenient to work in a three or four-day cruise on Royal Caribbean or Disney to Nassau on Grand Bahama Island.Leave your rig and to at the park.
There is no swimming pool here but the ocean is at hand. Shower and laundry rooms are clean. High definition over-the-air TV reception from Orlando is good and free WiFi is available, but not very fast.. (Get two-day coupons from the office.)
Water quality and pressure are excellent at the site I was in (#50).
Those camping in tents will find a clean area.
Dry camping is available with (water connections) are available facing the Port Canaveral Channel.
Finally, there is very tight security at the entire park. You should feel very comfortable staying here.

Room Tip: The desk staff is good at placing you on a good site while the renovation is going on.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tomgauger
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We were staying at Wickham Park Campgroung, and were recomended to stay at Jetty Park Campground. We drove about 40 minutes to view the Jetty Park Campground for future camping, and were greeted by a very rude guard at the gate. We asked if we could drive around the campground to check it out and he said "If you got $10.00 you can go in." We said excuse me and He said everybody pays $10.00, or you can not go in. How about that! So we said I guess we are not going to camp at your campground. I called the office and talked to the Woman who makes reservations and she was just as rude. That campground might be nice, however we don't stay where we are treated with rudeness. What a shame,

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
20  Thank Lorraine V
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We have camped at Jetty Park 2 times and plan to go again in a few weeks. I think it is one of the best camp grounds that I nave ever camped at. Close to ocean and all the other attractions of central/eastern Florida.
Love the pier. I don't fish, but I sit and watch the ocean or walk the beach when my husband fishes.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Louie46
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Went to the park yesterday, we have just moved back to the area after 5 years. My sister in law had never been to the park, so we thought we would show her. We pulled up to the gate for a pass, the gate attendent said $5.00 and your liciense. I gave him both and he said $10. and the licience (I have a FL licience but not Brevard County). He said " well that's just the way it is". I wonder how many other folks would like to ride through and see if they would like to stay but are turned off by the rude attendent.
We were there about 12:30 PM, what I would consider Prime Time for visitors and were not treated at all like a guest but more like we were bothering the guard at the gate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank D J F
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Nice, clean -city run location. Tent camping is $25 per tent, so it is a bit expensive for groups with multiple tents compared to state parks. Great fishing pier with the beach right there as well. The Cruse Ship channel is right next to you, so on weekends you will see those huge boats slowing saiiling a stone's trow away (they usually pull in early...like 5am on Sunday morning and leave late Sunday afternoons). We saw a nuclear sub, the USS New Mexico make a stop at the sub base which is right across the channel from the campsites...never been so close to a submarine...we could clearly see the captains white hair and glasses. My scouts had a great time and had plenty to do. By the way, if you like photography, go down to the beach at sunrise just south of the rock jetty for an outstanding photo location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Scoutmaster936
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed here in our motorhome several months ago and had a wonderful time. This is the place to stay if you enjoy watching cruise ships come and go!!! It is also a great family campground with bike paths, nature walks, the beach, and, of course, the jetty! There is also a snack bar! We stayed in a motorhome, but they also have great tenting sites. The sites are very spacious. Some are shaded and more private than others. Some have concrete slabs and some are grass so you can choose what type appeals to you. We decided that a grass site under a tree was best for us (oh, and one with a view of those cruise ships!!). We will definitely return to Jetty Park Campground soon!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6.3 km away
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#16 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Jetty Park Campground? Share your experiences!