Our family of four adults and two toddlers stayed overnight prior to our cruise out of Port Canaveral. The hotel offered a good rate for a one-night stay, 1 bedroom, with a queen pull out. At the time we checked-in, parking for up to 14 days was $40 (although when I called they told me $30) and included the free shuttle to/from Port Canaveral. For folks using the shuttle service to the ports, the hotel has fixed shuttle times (10 am, 11am etc) to the port, so be sure to get your name on the list and get your slips. The return is an easy call to the driver (although depending on how many ships and passangers are coming in, wait's can be 20 mins plus for your return back to the hotel).
Upon our late arrival, check-inn was quick. The front of the hotel was well maintained, although the parking lot was undergoing some renovations which made finding a spot a little challenging.
The room was decent, a little outdated but I think a little too tight for a family of 6 each with suitcase. There was a small microwave and tea/coffe machine, and unfortunately only one bathroom which made things a little challenging. The room had a door which gave that added privacy and we were lucky enough to get a higher floor, facing the pool. The beds were comfortable, with just enough room to sleep two adults. Overall for a one-night stay, it did the job.
Breakfast was an all rounder service, wiith the usual hot eggs, hasbrown and patties plus waffles, cereals and juices. We didn't get to do much activities around/outside the hotel, but it is very closely loacated to the major highway and super close to the Ports (about 5-7 mins by shuttle). Kennedy Space Center was only 15 mins by car, and we found purchasing our tickets at the hotel gave us the best rate.
They were very informative about the shuttle meeting times (in one of thier large conference rooms), and pick-up/drop off. Daryl (hope I got his name right!), was an excellent driver who made the entire short journey very interesting and exciting for the passangers. You can really tell he cares about his passangers and above all providing the best customer service. Well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in comfort when lodging at the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL with rooms styled in tropical decor for a retreat feel and equipped with microwaves, refrigerators and free Wi-Fi for the ambiance of home. Conveniently located near Port Canaveral, this hotel ensures a pleasant and memorable stay for its guests seeking fun in the sun at Cocoa Beach, adventure at the Kennedy Space Center or easy access to the cruise terminal at Port Canaveral. Hotel guests can cool off in one of two pools, stay in shape at the on-site Fitness Center, connect with friends via free Internet access and take advantage of cruise parking packages with a shuttle service to the port. At the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral, FL, guests enjoy home comforts, convenient services and an ideal location near Port Canaveral, making this hotel a great relaxation destination in Cape Canaveral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns And Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral
- Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral Hotel Cape Canaveral
- Country Inn Cape Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral Cape Canaveral, Florida