“A lovely home with everything you need for an...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

FamilyOf3...
“House is great”
Reviewed June 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Mr. Doug and Ms. Diana were great to deal with! The house was very comfortable and well furnished to accommodate my entire family. I traveled with my parents and elderly grandparents. Just be advised that you will be charged in Great Britain Pounds and that dealing with HolidayLettings and TripAdvisor has been a nightmare. Do not be fooled with the amount you see on TripAdvisor! I initiated the inquiry about the availability thinking that I would be charged in US dollars the amount shown on TripAdvisor. Once charged my credit card was charged over $230 more due to the exchange from pounds to dollars! Imagine that! I live in Florida, renting a vacation home in Florida, and having to pay in pounds! Hence the lower rating for service and value. However, once again home and owners were great. Gave it a 3 for cleanliness due to minor issues... Would recommend carpets in room being deep cleaned or changed and refrigerator cleaned. Thanks

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Diane W
“A lovely home with everything you need for an enjoyable holiday”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in this lovely villa for 8 nights in September. This was our 8th visit to Florida and the house was as nice as any other we have stayed in. There are lots of lovely local restaurants within easy reach, our favourites being The Boat House and Rum Runners, in addition to The Ford Garage. The beach at Cape Coral is quite small but lovely just the same and we saw manatee each time we visited it. The villa has everything you will need for an enjoyable stay and the owners were more than happy to rectify the minor problem we had with the air conditioning very quickly. The beach at Sanibel is a must as is a trip to the Miromar Shopping mall if you want to bag some bargains. My only advice to the owners would be to give some instructions on how to find the villa as Cape Coral can be quite confusing and we did get a bit lost. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Liked best: The setting
Liked least: The bed was not the usual king size we have had before
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
434Mack
Cleveland, Ohio
“Terrible”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We have rented homes in Florida for 15 yrs. & this is the worst house we have rented. We rented it for the month of March & only stayed 3 weeks instead of 4. I tried to e-mail the owners when we left, but they ignored my response, so I'll let people know what a terrible vacation we had. There was another couple with us & we both decided to leave early & take our losses. We usually rent in the Tampa area, but thought we would get a place farther south this year to use the pool,since it will be a bit warmer in March. When we arrived, March 1st. the pool we not turned on & had to wait for the pool person to turn it on. He got there a few days later & turned it on. We got up to use the pool & the temp. was only 78 degrees in the morning. The warmest it got was 80 when it was sunny in the afternoon. We later found out that there was a lock on the setting. The temp wouldn't go over 80 degrees. Contacted the owner & they would send a neighbor over to look at the heated. His pool is set at 85-86 degrees. We would gladly have paid the difference in the electric to get the temp. warmer. After many, many e-mails to the owner & a couple of trips by the pool person, the temp. was finally up to 84 degrees, but this didn't happen until March 18th. We finally got into the pool almost 3 weeks after we got there ( only got to use it for 3 days ). Now onto the house. The house was O.K., but the furniture wasn't. There was new couches in the family room, looked very nice, but they were big over stuffed leather & when you sat on them, you would sink to the floor. Very hard to get out of when sitting. My wife is handicapped & could not sit on the furniture to watch T.V. ( another problem). I had to bring the kitchen chair over, so she could sit. Now on to the T.V. There is no cable on the T.V. & what we could watch was next to nothing. Four or five Spanish channels, ( don't speak Spanish ) 3 or 4 weather channels, & two local channels. I had to order Net Flex, so we had something to watch at night ( we all played a lot of cards, ha! ha! ). Went to get ice from the fridge & that was broke. Went to the store for ice every other day. As I said, we rented the house for the month, but left after 3 weeks. After waiting all year for a vacation, we never expected this to happen. We paid good money for this house & feel we got robbed. The owners didn't have the decency to reply to my e-mail, about our experience with their house, so I had to state the problems we had on our vacation. At the very least, I would expect some kind of refund, that's what I would do, but I guess that won't happen. If I were you, I'd pass on renting this property.

Liked best: nothing
Liked least: pool, fridge, utencils, ice maker didn't work, T.V. no cable, stove, terrible job on redoing cabinets, no headboards on beds, only 1 T.V. in bedrooms
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Jul 2014
We are extremely disappointed in the review forwarded by this guest. To summarize his review; he was not happy about the pool temperature, the couches in the family room, the TV or the ice maker. I will attempt to explain. The pool temperature was set at 81 degrees. This was explained in the instructions sent to the guest 30 days prior to their arrival. If they wanted it higher they could have emailed us prior to their arrival. For most people especially from the north 81 is plenty high enough. As the temperature was set not to be tampered with we had to send our pool guy out at a cost to us. As the guest stated the couches were new but uncomfortable for some. However there were different couches in the second lounge which were available which would be more comfortable for a handicapped person. If we had been notified I would have asked our friends to rearrange the furniture for them or if the wish move the main TV. Most of our guest find all the couches very comfortable. We do not have cable TV but do receive all the major network stations, local stations as well as PBS. It would be very untrue to suggest that we had only 2 English speaking stations. We also have a ROKU box for access to Netflix's, Amazon, and many other internet program sites, many of which are free. Other stations are ins Spanish. If cable was that important we could have had it connected in 24 hours.The ice machine was not working properly but we were not notified by the guest. The guests departed without notifying us of their intentions. His complaints other than the pool temperature were never mentioned during their stay. He also omitted to say how clean and well equipped the house was. Also that they arrived a night earlier without paying for it. It was a very subjective review and I doubt if they left early because of the TV, icemaker,or couch. The probably had some other reasons than our house. The pool was already heated to their desired temperature. We have changed the setting on the pools so it can be easily adjusted. Overall the review was very vindictive and if our property was objectively assessed it would have have been graded much higher. A fair minded person could not have given such a low rating and would have mentioned the many positives.
Regarding not replying to the guest when he emailed us later the manner of his email and the fact that he departed without notifying us led us to believe he did not wish a reply. In hindsight we could have sent him an email. We responded to all his emails when he was in the property.
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Teenagers
Alberta
Reviewed March 14, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
what01
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Owner very difficult to deal with when problems arise only good thing about this holiday was the weather . Cape coral very nice just be careful where you stay check the reviews. We did get full refund eventually

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Jul 2014
We had an some problems with these guests and despite our efforts agreed to a full refund plus expenses despite the guest staying for part of their holiday. We think the rating is very low and unjustified and in no way describes the property well. Despite giving them the refund we never received a written receipt with an address on it. When they arrived they omitted to pay the cleaning fee or tax. They also agreed not to write a derogatory review, but as you see they did so. To describe our property as a 1 is very inaccurate and very untrue. The house was spotless with a beautiful heated pool on a fresh water canal with many amenities at no extra charge.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing