“Great Sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 27, 2015

Stop here all the time...always order sushi because it's wonderful...but I'm sure the other items on the menu are equally good. Hibachi available for groups who enjoy the food and entertainment (Kumo in Ft. Myers is better and bigger, but the Cape Coral location is nearer our home).

Reviewed May 18, 2015

There were 7 of us that went to Kumo. Although the food is great, very fresh and well prepared the service is below par for a restaurant such as this. The waitress did not speak English too well and had a hard time understanding our order and we had to keep repeating what we wanted. We also asked her questions about some of the menu items which she had difficulty explaining to us so we gave up. I also felt that she was disinterested while serving us, not what you want in terms of service especially when their prices are pretty high. It is close by to us and the food is good, so we may go back if we are in the mood for Japanese Food.

Reviewed April 29, 2015

My husband and I frequent Kumo often, but it seems like lately, the service has gone downhill-quickly. We were in there for lunch today, and we ordered sushi and habachi. The food-as always-was excellent; the service was awful. We got our drinks and food-no problem there, but the lady dropped our food/drinks off so fast, we couldn't get a word in edge-wise. We needed refills; our server was nowhere to be found. When she did come by, she glanced over, then was gone again. We needed napkins, refills, and another sauce; we got none of the above. Twice, she even came over and tried to literally take food away from my husband (literally mid-bite both times). I'm sorry, but that's a deal-breaker. As a server, you have ONE JOB-make your customers happy. I'm pretty nice, but that was just too much. After waiting for the bill (OH-we had to wait several minutes to get our bill and get our card back once she ran off with it too, wasting another 10 minutes or so of our time), I paid the bill, and we left. My husband is a disabled veteran, and he walks a bit slow, so I was holding the door going outside when the server ran out, basically accosting me, to inform me that I hadn't left a tip. I confirmed that I had not left a tip, and it almost became a knock-down, drag-out fight! She was basically yelling at my in front of the restaurant that since I didn't leave a tip, we were broke and we shouldn't come back. I said that it didn't matter if we were billionaires or paupers; we were not happy with her service. I'm not sure if her English was a little shaky, but she just kept reiterating that we needed to leave a tip, as it was "not included in the bill." I finally just had to be rude and turn away from her, and returned to my car (my husband was already in, seat-belted in, and waiting, it took so long). As I mentioned above, we have always been more than happy with Kumo, and this review should in no way infer that their restaurant isn't worth going to, but I would like to stress that you should probably avoid the female server with the long, straight pony-tail, if you dislike confrontation. The other waiter there, the male, has always gone above and beyond, but I don't think it's appropriate, or professional, to be accosted in a public parking lot, being accused of being broke, when your customer service probably warrants you being fired.

3  Thank Nikist100
Reviewed April 21, 2015

I have to say I was greatly disappointed in this restaurant. We had reservations for 7 people and we waited around to be seated as tey appeared not to know what was going on. Once we were seated our waitress was almost non existant and when ordering drinks(only beer and wine) which I drink neither she seemed so impatient to wait for me that she left before I ordered anthing. She mixed up all our orders and even though she could walk around three quarters of our table stood on one end and expected us to pass things down to each other. We were so mad at this point at how unprofessional she was that when we ate didn't really enjoy it. My food was ok but others were not as lucky. My husband had the tempura chicken which was all batter not chicken and very greasy. Never once did she come back to check on us we had to track her down as part of our orders were missing and never did she come back for drink refills and we had wanted them. In the end she brought us the check and added in her own tip. Needless to say we will not ever go back.

2  Thank Louise72560
Reviewed April 8, 2015

First time trying Kumo JS. There is one in Fort Myers also. Have great lunch specials between 8-12$. Miso soup and ginger salad included. Loved it. Tried the sashimi bento box.4 pc Cali roll...3 piece dumpling/gyoza....rice and nice pieces of salmon...tuna...white tuna....and more Excellent....fresh. They also have a 2 or 3 roll special. Pick from 20 rolls. Superb. Will be back here for lunch next time I am in the cape