“AMAZING!!!!”
Review of Cassadaga Hotel

Cassadaga Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cassadaga
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My sister and I enjoy a sisteraction each year. Not only was the experience exceptional and spiritual, the hotel's owner/amazing person, chakra guru John, channeler Mary, and teacher/ reader Jaime were welcoming, thoughtful, and enlightening. The location was charming allowing you to truly connect with yourself and loved ones. As a result, my sister and I will have two sistercations per year because Cassadega is an annual must!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica D

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel this past week-end with my husband and I have to say it was wonderful! This was our first time here and I was a little scared after reading some of the older reviews on what to expect; however, we stayed in Room 4 which has a Queen bed and a private door to the veranda and we couldn't have been happier!
I have to disagree with many of the negative reviews. The room was very clean as was the hotel in general. The carpet was brand new in our room and the towels and linen were just as nice as a Holiday Inn.The price of the room was average. I read the hotel was built in 1927 and it definately has a historic feeling to it. We loved it! So quaint and quiet. It was such a relaxing stay! No it is not the Hilton but it doesn't advertise to be a 5 star hotel with all the amenities.
I got the chance to speak with the owner about the hotel and have to say I received alot of insight about the history of the hotel and how badly the economy has financially hurt the recently widowed owner these past few years. The hotel is run solely by this lovely widowed lady with no finacial support from anyone else. So kuddos to her! She did mention that she is slowly renovating the hotel doing what she can one room at a time.
The restaurant was AMAZING!!! The Cassadaga salad is superb... I could eat it everyday! James and his staff are wonderful!
The gift shop was so unique with so many beautiful gifts.
I highly recommend going to the hotel for a great out of the ordinary experience.
I cannot wait until next year when we come back to stay at the hotel again and see what renovations have been done!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terri123seabreeze
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good food, nice atmostphere and great service. We went on a Sunday for lunch, I had the Pannini with mozzerella cheese, basil and tomato with balsimic dressing and my husand had Cheese Ravioli with tomato sauce. The bread was hot and just baked. Very good, we asked for butter instead of the OV dip and it was great. I would go again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KATHALEENA6969
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This wonderful hotel was built in the early 1920's. Don't expect luxury but do expect to be surprised by the charm. The rooms are on the small size with antique furniture and antique colors on the walls. No hairdryers, TV's, microwaves or fridges. No pool, spa or room service. In fact, there is NOTHING commercial in this sweet and reserved town - just peace and quiet. We had a superb room on the first floor with a door that led to the sweeping porch that had lots of rocking chairs. The bathroom was a bit of a shock - not much larger than a very small closet with the sink in the room. Lighting was dim - only one small lamp - but typical of hotel rooms of that era. The hotel is clean and very well maintained. There is a wonderful gift shop as well as a restaurant that recently reopened.

For those who are curious about spiritualism, Cassadega (exit 116 off I-4) is a very tiny town given over to that philosophy. The book store is devoted to books about various aspects of spiritualism (not religion) and there are many people who will do readings for you (cards, tea leaves, auras, etc.). Cassadega is about 4 streets square. Very private and friendly. The hotel caters to travelers of all sorts including motorcyclists attending Daytona Bike Week.

Go with a very open mind and be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor enter from an interior hallway and have doors leading to a delightful sweep...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank turtlewalker
Reviewed 1 February 2012

If you are expecting the amenities of a major hotel chain then do not stay here. If you are looking for a unique, out of the ordinary, rustic get away, then the Cassadaga hotel is perfect. My wife and I had a great time there. The food in the restaurant was very affordable and very tasty. They have a nice gift shop and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are very rustic. They have changed little over the years, and that is what makes it great (if you’re into that). I will say because of the originality of the place, the walls are thin, and the floors are squeaky. It can be a noisy place by day, but when the lights go off it is quite pleasant. People have stated that it is creepy, well yes a little, but let’s face it; the town of Cassadaga is creepy by itself. Spirits have been known to roam the halls and rooms of the hotel, and that is exactly why we stayed at the hotel. We did an investigation with American Ghost Adventures there, and highly recommend the tour. The tour guides were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The town of Cassadaga is a spiritual village and the hotel fits in perfectly. Looking for something different? Stay at the Cassadaga Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brent L
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I recently went here for the night with my mother and my daughter we had a wonderful experience it is nice and quite and a very comfortable place the restaurant was just fantastic I would love to go back sometime when we can stay longer the staff are just great too..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christina T
Reviewed 27 January 2012

A friend and I recently stayed at the Cassadaga hotel and let me tell you! The atmosphere was amazing! They had wonderful "themed" rooms that were so nice and no tv so that we could accually sit down and talk! I had a reading with Traci DiCaprio while I was there, she is a resident psychic medium and she was 1000% right on!! She told me so much about my life and my loved one who had passed that it blew me away! She made me feel very comfortable and relaxed! If you get a chance stay at this hotel and get a reading with her... It is nothing short of amazing!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Martyjane724
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cassadaga
6.1 km away
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#3 of 5 in Orange City
7.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange

Been to Cassadaga Hotel? Share your experiences!