We stayed in unit 110 and we're surprised to find a 19" flat screen TV in the living room. All of these condos are privately owned and are decorated and furnished by each owner so no one is the same. Another unit might have a 42" TV or totally different furnishings. The hot tub was broken and they had a couple of guys working on it. Apparently they cut the electrical wiring to the satellite TV so we didn't have TV until around 10pm that night when an office person came back to the condos and ran a temporary drop cord for us. She was extremely helpful and really went out of her way to get the TV working for us. The units were not inspected by anyone prior to our arrival because light bulbs were out in the bath and the kitchen faucet sprayed up on the wall when you used the hot water side. Three out of four deck chairs had webbing missing and pretty much worn out. The porch had a great view of the harbor area and pier and a beautiful sunset view but the deck boards were splintered so bad that you had to keep your shoes on. We stayed in early December which was well into the off season and hardly anyone else was there but for some reason they charged a high summer rate. This didn't bother us so much until we had one problem after another. At check out I asked if they would adjust the rate since we couldn't use the TV or the hot tub but I was told that the hot tub was out of service more than in service and they could not reduce the price. One of the owners who was in charge said they were going to review their rates soon. You would think they would be more interested in having you come back rather than lose a few dollars. The town is small and quaint. The locals were exceptionally nice. Nice shops close by within walking distance. You can rent a boat for a sunset cruise. One old timer helped me get a bag of clams for steaming well after the place was closed. He called them on his cell phone and gave me directions. Plenty of condos, motel rooms and vacation rentals nearby. Very slow paced and laid back. A great place to relax. We want to come back but may not stay here unless they do something about the high rates or make improvements to match the rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico. We have 30 units, all owned by different owners, meaning each are decorated completely different and unique. We have a Salt Water Swimming Pool and a Hot Tub (not salt water). We also offer 1 or 2 Bedroom Units. We Rent by the Day ~ Week ~ Month. Hope you are having a fabulous day and hope to see you soon. The Management Team at Island Place Condo Rentals Located in the relaxing, laid back town of Cedar Key, Florida.Call today to see what specials we may have going on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Island Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Place Hotel Cedar Key
- Island Place Cedar Key, Florida