All reviews office staff pirate invasion cedar keys king bed pier water fl
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in unit 315 on October 10th for 2 nights. The unit was clean and well appointed. The view was exceptional. Staff was pleasant ans accommodating. I recommend this property and we will be back soon.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TheVacationingChef
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came the weekend of Oct. 4th for the Hidden Coast Paddle Festival and stayed at TIP because of a friend's recommendation. The office staff was more than hospitable, allowing us to check in early and check out late due to our paddle schedule. The master bedroom was SO comfortable and bedding was soft. Everything was in working order. Loved the porch swing on the balcony. We had a problem pulling out the bed from the sleeper-sofa, and called the after-hours contact number and had someone up to our room in less than 15 minutes. He apologized - seemed the metal frame was bent and had to use a crowbar to get it out. (apologies to the folks staying below us but the noise couldn't be helped) We had a sound sleep both nights. I would definitely recommend to others and stay there again myself. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Room 204 (2nd floor) has a small gulf view from the balcony with a porch swing which was really nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Delores B
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have stayed here on several occasions. Always greeted with respect, a pleasant attitude and a friendly smile. They are in the process of renovating and everything really looks nice. Never had a problem that wasn't solved immediately. Location and price is a plus. I will definitely be back and highly recommend this place. I would like to thank Pam for making sure we were happy.

Room Tip: Make sure you pick a room overlooking the ocean. Beautiful view night and day.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank gatorgirl714
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been staying at TIP for 16 years.The former management was very friendly and outgoing.Our only disappointment was the washers and dryers never seemed to be in working order.We have always enjoyed the rooms and usually book our choice of 3 different ones.We do not stay to the left of the office as there is a cat village there.The Jacuzzi was very nice as is the pool,it would be nice if the management would enforce the rules.Also there are no rules with parking. it does not matter that a parking place has your room number.It is first come first served.Management will tell you that.Our last stay was just a few months ago.It was under new management ,we were put in 201.I was eaten alive by fleas or bed bugs all night.It was evident by the 50 bite marks on my legs.I was told "we do allow pets" You apparently need to ASK for a pet free room as they do not tell you it is a pet room.We received NO discount for having to switch rooms.Several rooms have been remodeled witch is nice.We still have our favorite condo.Overall it is very nice and a great location to walk to the Pier and the shops.The accommodations are great if everything is working.Parking is a toss up, and poolside is dependent on your fellow renters, we have been fortunate.Prices have increased about 30% in the last year.We have enjoyed or 16 years there but may try something new as well.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms that face the ocean away from cats to the right as you stand facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Robin N
PamO292, Front Office Manager at Island Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that while yes, Cedar Key does have a cat problem, we are doing everything we can. The cat issue isn't as bad as it was in the past years. As for pool rules, we do not know if someone is breaking the rules unless someone bring something to our attention, then it is brought to their attention that they are doing something that is not allowed. We have very strict limiting on parking. We tell each and every guest to make sure they are in the right parking spot for their Unit, however some of those people choose to listen, but when we don't know which vehicle belongs to which Unit the matter is unfortunately out of our hands. Yes, we do have pet friendly Units, if you wish to not be placed in one these you may have to bring it to our attention. I can also assure you that we have no bed bugs nor fleas in our Units, we have Orkin visit up to once a week to spray for these kind of nuisances, we do however have sand knats that will bite you, and leave whelps whenever you are sitting on your balcony, there is nothing we can do about that.
I do wish that you could give us another try. All guest's are important to us, and we strive to make your vacation as pleasant as we can.

Management Team at The Island Place

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I took a spontaneous trip from Tampa to Cedar Key. Upon arrival, I saw The Island Place sitting on the corner of Dock Street and the Gulf of Mexico. I contacted them and told them what type of accommodations we were looking for. Rose (a staff member) was happy to help. The staff was courteous, the condo was far above expectations, and the view could not be beat. We will definitely be visiting again -- and will most definitely stay at The Island Place. Thank you so much for making us feel at home. :)

Room Tip: We rented a 2nd floor Gulf view room. It was great! Had a lovely balcony with a porch swing and table with 4 chairs. Very homey.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple