All reviews office staff pirate invasion cedar keys king bed pier water fl
Reviewed March 2, 2016

I stayed in unit #108 for two nights at the end of February after business in Florida. I love Cedar Key and have stayed there and at Island Place in the past. The room was clean and ready with no problems; management very helpful. My 1BR unit had a queen bed which was a great sleep. There is a private deck for this unit facing the Gulf. I used the washer to do laundry before going home. I was able to send and receive e-mail, but could not access any web sites with the complimentary Wi-Fi, in spite of the efforts of staff. If you stayed here before and bemoaned the many cats hanging around, you should take another look at Island Place. A few years of spay/neuter campaigns have greatly reduced the population. I did not see one at Island Place during my stay. Everything in downtown Cedar Key is within walking distance. Note: many businesses in CK are closed on Mondays, so plan accordingly

Room Tip: All rooms have Gulf views-ground level units are 1BR, 2BR's are up stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2016

Booked one night here a week ahead of arrival date. I was quoted and received an email confirming the price. Upon checking in, they tried to charge me a higher price. When I told them I had an email confirming a lower price, I was then charged the original price. The unit was nice, location great BUT the real surprise came when we turned down the bed at night. The sheets had not been changed! There were crumbs all over the sheets and a pair of dirty socks by the foot of the bed! As it was too late to call anyone (the front desk closes at 4:00PM), I stripped the bed, shook out the sheets/pillowcasses and turned them inside out to make up the bed again. When I told the front desk the next morning I didn't even get an apology! This management company leaves a lot to be desired!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 59Deedee
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in unit 212 this Christmas. The place was recommended to us from friends. We really enjoyed staying here. The place was very clean, nicely decorated, had everything we needed, excellent view from the patio and very affordable. I definitely would recommend island place and unit 212 to others! It is perfect for 1-3 people. We stay in cedar key a few times a year. This was our 1st time staying here and We definitely will be returning to this unit! The only thing I would say, is the unit could really use a paint job. I own a painting and restoration company so unfortunately I always stare at things like that. But as a normal person visiting cedar key, you won't even notice it and u will enjoy this unit! Definitely give this property and unit a visit!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George T
Reviewed December 2, 2015

We stayed 3 nights in #103 with our lab. Loved the decor of the condo, even had a little Christmas tree up! Balcony was nice but a little noisy...right next to parking lot, office, etc. Bed was SO comfy. Most pet owners are great, but there's always a few that let their little yappers go nuts. Didn't use pool but lots of people were enjoying it. Short walk over little bridge to restaurants, or go the other way to grocery, bakery, etc.

Room Tip: Construction going on right now, they will be through soon. Ask where they are before booking!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachgmaSeminoleFL
Reviewed November 23, 2015

The view was nice of the water. First Impression when you walked in was mildew or musty smell. Found the top of the refrigerator was dirty. Coffee table had residue or a film on it on it. Hair balls on floor and two dead bugs stuck in shag carpet. Found that the A/C filter had not been changed in a very long time, and our sinuses paid the price for that during our stay. There was a wooden towel rack in the bathroom the had mold on it. I would never had put wood in the bathroom without some sort of protectant. The view was nice and the grounds were fairly nice. I believe these units are individually owned and then rented out. The cleaning service is definitely a downer about this place. No Bed Bugs so that is a definite positive.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness thoroughly.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple