New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Charleston, South Carolina
“Overpriced, hidden fees”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Melia advertises a free continental breakfast. I tried it the first morning and never went back. It's a miserable basket of stale pastries. I ordered a waffle with strawberries and maple syrup, and when it came the "strawberries" were defrosted lumps of frozen berries (this in an area where strawberry farms are all over the place) and the "maple syrup" was a package of Smucker's sugar water. There isn't a gift shop in the hotel that I could see, I had to drag my own luggage to my room which was in a different building. They charged me a $15 per day resort fee even though I was on a business trip and never once used the pool. Except for by the bed the only lighting in the suite was harsh overhead fluorescent. And if you don't have a car, you're stranded: you couldn't walk anywhere to a store or restaurant and taxis are exhorbitant. I hated this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
David G, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, we appreciate and value your comments. We apologize that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectation. Our breakfast basket includes croissants, muffins and sweet pastries with butter and jam, a choice of 5 fruit juices and freshly brewed hot coffee or tea. In addition, we offer our guests a full breakfast menu selection for those who prefer this option. Again, please accept our apologies if in this situation we did not meet your expectations for the reasons stated in your review. Regarding our Resort Fee, we wanted to detail for you what exactly it includes, so you can have a better general understanding. It includes 2 bottles of water in suite per day, daily newspaper, Fitness and Health center privileges, Celebration golf privileges, unlimited local calls, in room coffee, tea and creamer, wireless and wired internet access, pool side towel service, transportation within Celebration and transportation to local theme parks, Disney, Universal Orlando and Sea World. We apologize if you did not enjoy or receive any of the listed items.

We’d like to inform you as well that we are in fact adding a small gift shop area in the lobby for our guests immediate needs, this should be completed in the next few months as part of a general renovation package we will be undergoing. Our guests do however have the option of being transported to the town of Celebration and back for any shopping needs via our complimentary shuttle. Again, we apologize if you were not satisfied with your stay with us and hope that in the future you choose to give us another opportunity to impress you. Please feel free to contact us directly at 407-964-7000 if you have any further comments, questions or if you are returning to the Orlando area.

Best regards,

David F. Gines
Guest Experience Manager
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Polish first
detroit. mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is the second time I stayed at this facility. The rooms are large, clean and well supplied. The pull out couch needs a new mattress. The workout facility is off site. The pool is large. I stayed for business on both occasions; this hotel is very close to Florida Hospital (walking distance). I cannot give comment on the theme parks, but they do have a shuttle. There would be no problem staying with a family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed here jst one night as our villa wasn't ready but all positive we had a corner suite - massive space ... 2 outdoor areas - huge rooms 2 bathrooms we chose not to be overlooking pool & it was lovely to be a bit more private.... Your own choice.

Rooms well decorated, ours was spotlessly clean, beds big & comfy. No noise staff were really friendly.

We had one small error when getting drinks a 5dollar tip had been entered as 50 dollars straightened up next morning and very apologetic at reception! Great service! Can not fault at all... It is condos basically with the benefit of having all amenities on hand.

Breakfast is basic - but there is so many other options. My only gripe is the colour of the doors!! - everything else is tasteful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Most reviews address following issues: resort fees, breakfast, pool view/ garden view rooms.
Let me give you my input on this. I am not sure why the resort fee is not incorporated into nightly fee, but yes Melia charges the resort fee per day, and so do other hotels in Orlando. So, add $15 plus tax to your rate and if it still fits your budget, don't think twice- the resort is beautiful.
The breakfast is delicious. It is a big basket with croissants and pastries baked first thing in the morning at the restaurant's bakery. We always had some extras we would keep for later. If you don't like muffins or pastries, ask the kitchen staff to substitute them with croissants. And I don't know how they do it, but orange juice tastes like it is just been squeezed for you. There are lots of Europeans staying at the hotel, so this type of breakfast is catered to everyone. If you rather have eggs and bacon, you can order them of menu or buy them at the grocery store across the HW 192 and cook it yourself. One day, we had breakfast at 8 a.m. and later kids went back and asked for juice. It was not a question. I also ordered food at the restaurant and it was really good. Pizza for kids was very cheesy, can't compare to one from the pizza shop.
I did get a pool view room and it gets very noisy at night as there are still lots of kids in the pool at 10 p.m. So, don't stress yourself out if you don't get one, you can always check with front desk next day.
What I liked the best about Melia:
-sunbeds are very comfy and long. So many people are taking a nap by the pool.
-it is very safe withing the resort. From the second day forward, the kids would go everywhere by themselves and I was not worried much about it.
-the peope that work there are wonderful. If you need anything, just ask the front dek. They have everything, you can even borrow an umbrella if needed. Employee Alex offered me to use his cell phone when for whatever reason I could not reach 1-800 number from my room.
I don't get comments like the one about the size of the TV and the wall. Next time, ask for a corner suite where half of the bedroom wall is a window, if it makes you happier.
Overall, it is a beautiful place. Relax and enjoy your stay at Melia!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Olga R
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I'm still here sat on my balcony loving the view of the pool. I don't get the negative views on this hotel. I've stayed at lots of hotels on in Orlando and this ranks as the best ! The resort charge is a bargain what's the problem ?? Shuttle to the parks decent free breakfast wifi ( I'm using ) car parking. You would pay the same as this resort charge just to park your car anywhere else. The rooms here are great I've got a 2 bed suite overlooking the pool and I recommend getting the pool view it's about 20 dollars a night upgrade but well worth it. On the free breakfast I must say the negative comments are a joke. Yes it's a basket on buns etc but if you feel the need for anything else it costs nothing I have 3 kids and the most we have paid is 18 dollars for the menu breakfast ! You pay more than that for the juice anywhere else. Some other review review said the pool area was dirty, what a joke it's as clean as a whistle and the people are using it until 11 at night it's a great pool area. If I had a negative it would would be get a decent chef and get the main restaurant open. People are using the bar and restutrant they want to eat here take advantage. Would I come back well yes it beets the socks off then main stream stuff. Good hotel great location can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Get a pool view well worth it
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times. The rooms are amazing!!! Its like staying in nice apartment. The decor is very modern. The kitchen is very useful. Rooms are clean and big. The pool is beautiful!! I have never experienced one isssue during my stay.For the room size and location, I think the prices are great!! I would much rather stay here than some tiny box of a room, to just save a few bucks. Trust me central florida is full of them! Save your time and stay here!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Michelle4589
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Huge rooms but lightly furnished. Enormous bedroom wall with 32 inch tv. Get the picture?
Location great. Access to nearby club awesome. Pool area nice but a bit dirty

Free breakfast not great - but coffee awesome - can order food.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank BJCtravelin
Andrew F, Front Office Manager at Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Good Evening and thank you for your great feed back.

We certainly pride ourself on being located in the Disney award winning town of Celebration, just steps away from the Walt Disney World Resort. Guest of our hotel can also use our transportation to get to all of the Orlando Theme Parks.

As you may have witnessed during your stay, we pride ourself on being Melia, and over the next few months, our guest will begin to see some of th great physical changes in store. This would include larger flat panel TVs as some of our rooms do have smaller TVs on larger walls. We feel that with the new screens, new paint, carpeting, lighting, and some furniture upgrades, you will find our large, and modern suites take the next step to be even better.

Be sure to follow our progress on Melia.com and feel free to reach out to me if you have any future needs in Orlando.

Again, thank you for your feed back. Comments help us take our product to the next level to exceed all expectations.

Andrew Fox
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel
Front Office Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
5.4 km away
The Point Orlando Resort
The Point Orlando Resort
#21 of 333 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,254 reviews

Been to Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration? Share your experiences!