“Outstanding on all fronts!”

Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in Celebration as part of our Honeymoon to Florida in March 2012. Prior to travel we had e-mailed for confirmation of booking and we delighted with a lovely response and suggestion of upgrade when we arrived. On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by the Bell-man who was extremely helpful and welcoming and took our bags for storage as our room wasn't quite ready (we had arrived early). When we came back later in the afternoon to check in, again we were greeted warmly by reception staff. The room was better than expected with a balcony over looking the lake and with special measures taken to make our stay on honeymoon extra special. We have nothing but praise for all of the staff, especially Valerie and Phil, and of the accommation in this hotel and cannot wait to return again as soon as possible. Would definately recommend a stay here for a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is the worst hotel ever. The front desk manager is a joke. He has the nerves to tell me and my wife we are lucky to stay here because of the special promotion. I'm not sure what's his name but he looks latin. I did report this to Marriott and I'm still waiting for a response. What a joke

1  Thank bigricky1973
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were here about two years ago and did enjoy our stay. One of the needed repairs at the time were the poor conditions of the rugs in the hallways, at least on the second floor. We just checked in again given a room on the second floor, the room is great, a water view, but the rugs in the hallways are a mess. Large stains and debris on the rugs. kind of disappointing but no complaints in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We checked in late and were pleasantly suprised at check in. It was handled very quickly and it was nice to be able to sit while everything was done. We were given keys to room 351, upon opening the door it smelled weird so we went back downstairs and we were given the key to 352, it still smelled musty, kind of like dirty carpet, but it was late and we were very tired so we stayed in this room. The room istdelf was ok nothing out of the ordinary, my time share is furnished nicer. The bathroom was very clean and looked like it had been updated, but no handheld shower head. Saturday morning we liked walking around the "lake' and we walked around the shops in the town. Upon coming back we went to the pool! the pool was at its capacity of eight people no where to sit (the pool in my backyard is 2x larger) so off we went to the hot tub, The hot tub was filthy, it hadn't been skimmed or cleaned in awhile so we took the only two available chaises and relaxed in the sun. I felt sorry for the other people that wanted to sit out since there were no other chairs, On our way back to our room I noticed a sign board in the lobby welcoming a fraternity group coming in that day. Went tothe front desk and asked to have our room switched to a "quiet" area. Young kids, beer etc makes for no sleep. Sorry sir the group is everywhere in the hotel! Well the noise came and they were running through the halls etc, Finally fell sleep after a drink and a pill, at 11:30 PM the manager Brian called yelling at us that he received a noise complaint from our room and if we did not stop he would send the police. After explaining that we were asleep when we were so rudely awakened by him and that we were in our 60's and not making any noise I hung up on him. Didn't they ever think about putting this group all together in one area duh! (Floriduh)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stewwwie1
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is my favorite place to visit in all of Florida... Quiet, relaxing, new, pristinely clean, un-crowded, and perfect for those who truly need a break. As a native New Yorker who loves to travel and be immersed in the cultures of Europeans, Asians and Central Americans, ironically, what makes me love "Celebration" is how uncultured it is. Staying here is like experiencing the Truman Show.... Everything is perfectly manicured, in perfect condition, perfectly symmetrical, perfectly Stepford Wives. This is where I come to experience an unrealistic dose of perfection and calm....my personality is such that I'm always on the go and in need of activity- so this is perfect therapy for those who need a chill-pill as stress is not a possibility here. I hope this remains a hidden gem, and never turns into the chaotic world of Disney just outside this town. Ahhhhhh....

2  Thank I_Love_NY_2011
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were married here on the 9th of April. While they were gracious to allow me to check in early before the day's festivities, it wasn't without hassle. The wedding coordinator told me about a month in advance it wouldn't be an issue, but two days before was not sure if I could check in early---and suggested I call to find out. At that point I already had my gown streaming and hair/make up planned before the regular check in time. Not a stress I wanted or needed to deal with.

$15 a night for overnight valet. $5 for a bottle of water in the room. Once I realized there was a small fridge in the room, I bought water and brought it back with me. They charge a fee for wireless/Internet.....and the list goes on! (Even McDonalds now offers free wifi!!)
You'd think they would at least write a welcome note of some form to acknowledge the wedding held IN their hotel but they didn't. The room had no sign that we were there for any type of special event. No free morning after breakfast. (Heck, the Days Inn includes that, doesn't it?) The pool is in an awkward place. You must walk through the hotel's lobby/bar and out through the outdoor seating to get to it. Beautiful, but not useful or practical!

The room was small/tight. The four poster bed had a post smack in the middle of the television. Our room had a great view but would have preferred a balcony to enjoy the beautiful Florida evening in private. The bed was almost too stiff to the point where it didn't move when one of us got up. Very clean, though. Great location in a fantastic setting. Friendly staff but nothing out of the ordinary. All things considered, it was nothing memorable....and I was hoping my wedding venue would be memorable.

My advice to the hotel? Stop charging for wifi, water, and parking. Raise the prices slightly to include these things if you must. It could be on the level of a Renaissance or Intercontinental, but not with the current services provided.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in three Marriott properties during my week long trip across Florida. The Bohemian was far and away the best of them all and one of the better hotels I've stayed in over my many travels throughout the southeast. The rooms were updated and lean. The bed was very comfortable for my bad back and the shower pressure was perfect.

The service was top notch and the food was excellent. I recommend the grits for breakfast. The main back deck overlooks the lagoon and a small pool which is perfect for cooling down. The location is within a block of Starbucks, a diner, and three very good restaurants. Great place. Also within minutes of all the parks.

Room Tip: I'd imagine there isn't a bad room. Some did have a small patio.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
1.6 km away
4.9 km away
Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
7.9 km away
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!