Traveler Motel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$84
ComfortInn
Quality Hotel Clearwater Beach Resort(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$159
HolidayInn.com
Summerside Inn(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$56
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My wife and I were very pleased with the Traveler Motel when we stayed in June, so we came back in July for an extended weekend (Friday, July 17- Tuesday, July 21). We were again very pleased with the place. We thought it was clean and no bugs. The pool was clean also.

I agree with the review that said something about the 50's style tile in the bathroom, but it didn't bother me and I was told that updates were coming.

I was very surprised to read the negative reviews. (Just to let you know, I had never met Kerry East, the owner, or stayed at the Traveler Motel before June 2009.)

I would recommend that anyone going to Clearwater Beach not book online. Check out the room of any motel, BEFORE agreeing to stay, since many of the motels have a no refund policy.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I just got back from The Traveler last Friday night.
Now, if you want or need anything fancy, then The Traveler is not for you.
I found Kerry to be wonderul, and very accomodating.
The pool was fantastic, I liked that the chemical level was very low.
My room was in fact very clean, and I liked the '50's tile in the bathroom.
I had a full kitchen with refrigerator, upper level room, #9.
I wanted something a bit funky, and am not picky unless cleanliness comes into play.
It is 1/2 block from the beach, and you can walk anywhere from The Traveler.
Plenty of great food within easy walking distance.
Overall liked it very much, and will stay there again next year.
P.S. I know that Kerry is in the process of making upgrades to the entire patio area, and to all of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Was told by owner..Older Motel..Newly refurbished pool..CLEAN..Family friendly..Great location. The only thing I can say was true was that it was a great location! Upon arriving we noticed the owner come out of his office..NO SHIRT..CUT OFF PANTS..AND SANDALS..He was carrying an air mattres to my room on his sweaty back for my son to sleep on. Room was not at ALL what we expected..ALL four rooms smelled and were dirty. One rooms A/C had been leaking for a while and the floor was soppy wet and smelled. Owner just came in and sprayed some air freshener and left. Needless to say we did not stay there and left in a hurry! We had 4 rooms reserved with owner and just decided the deposit lost was a lesson learned. Stick to the Big Chain Hotels. More money..But at least you know what your getting..DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank ManCard
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We traveled with friends and family to Clearwater to stay a few days prior to a cruise. We booked four rooms because of the good reviews on trip adviser. Do not believe these reviews. This was the worst hotel I have ever been in. When we booked the owner Kerry assured that this was a very clean and nice hotel - nothing fancy but clean.
We told him that CLEAN was all that mattered it did not have to be fancy. When we arrived we were greated by him with no shirt on and smoking carring a cheap air mattress on his back for one of our kids to sleep on in the filthy rooms. My room was standing in water from what he said was a leak in the air conditioner. It smelled bad and when you walked near the air conditioner water sloshed beneath your feet. This room was not habitable but he still refused to refund our deposit.

The air condintoning units are surrounded by some kind of tape (masking or Duct) on the inside and out.

The swimming pool that he shows on trip adviser is not his swimming pool. It looked as if someone poured milk in it.

It also appeared that some people stay here long term as they were grilling out by the nasty pool.

The only good thing that can be said about this place is its location. It needs to be bulldozed and a new building built.

Needless to say the "Paradise" that Kerry speaks of is more like Hell.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlotte_NCBeachMom
Reviewed July 18, 2009

This Motel is bad! Don't believe the "Good" reviews on this Motel. Story starts as the following - Had a group of 14 going on a cruise and wanted to stay in Clearwater as a precruise vacation! Called the Traveler Motel and was assured the Motel was neat and clean. In speaking with the owner, we told him that if the rooms were not clean, we would not stay! He assured me the rooms were neat and clean. After driving 10 plus hours, we arrived in Clearwater. Looks can be deceiving - NOT!!!!! The pictures that were sent to me via email were taken a long time ago!!!!

The pool was so dirty, you couldn't see the bottom. My Inlaws have a pool and I know what it takes to keep it clean. I believe the reviews were written by the owners friends or somebody else!

The owner greets us with swimming trunks and no shirt, and smoking. The rooms were clearly marked - NO SMOKING!!!! Out of the 4 rooms we booked, only 1 was fit to stay in. The other 3 were bad. 1 room was really bad. The owner said they had an AC leak in the room and smelled. I walked over to the AC unit and the floor was soaked. I stepped in the same spot and suds were coming out of the carpet! We complained about the smell, and he sprayed some kind of spray in the room. Did not help, made it worse. Needless to say, we didn't stay there. The owner refused to give us any of our deposits back. We told the owner we were not staying. He told us to talk about it and he was going to take his housekeeper home or to the bus stop. We started to make calls to try to find another hotel. The Comfort Suites and The Hampton Inn of Clearwater are nice, clean and the rates are reasonable. Would not stay at the TRAVELER MOTEL on a BET!!!!!!!

The only thng I can say good about the motel - Location!!!!!!!! If you can sleep with 1 eye open to watch you back, then this is the place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009