“Great food and service”

Ranked #2 of 789 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I've been to Rumba's quite a bit because their food is great and reasonably priced and their drinks are awesome, not watered down, and cheap. And I love sitting outside in the tiki setting. But this last time I had guests in from out of town who are not used to the heat, so we sat inside for once. They were so impressed by the food and couldn't believe who friendly and endearing the waiter, Dominic, was. He really took the time to make sure they got what they would truly like and came back over and over to check on us. Sometimes you get your food and they're done. Not with Dominic. He was way beyond any waiter I've ever had. It made it really enjoyable for my guests. Kudos Rumba for finding him and as always, for the yummy food.

Date of visit: September 2018
BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Rumba Island Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We were struggling to find somewhere to eat in mid afternoon and remembered Rumba.
It was a good decision since the food we ate was excellent, superbly presented and well priced. We enjoyed the drinks as well since they were on offer and were good quality.
Overall a great pit stop and truly value for money.
We are still amazed how you can create such a great island ambiance on a major intersection. It deserves to stay as popular as it is.

Still recommended

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Lets talk about the food...I had fried jumbo scallops...delicious...$19. My husband had the seafood trio..was awesome..$18. My friend had raw oysters and he said they were the best he ever had. Also drinks were 2 for 1!! Had margaritas.very nice. All of our dinners were excellent. The atmosphere is very nice. Inside and outside seating. Outside bar too. Live 1 man band singer guitarist outside bar area. Excellent service!

1  Thank Bernadette G

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We hit up Rumba and fell in love with the joint. A slice of the Caribbean in Clearwater. Great food and drinks. The starter salad is a must and the little muffins are to die for! Most nights they have someone playing music live and it is never too loud. Indoor seating and patio seating as well. Quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Clearwater. The picture is of a visitor by our table!

Date of visit: September 2018
BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Rumba Island Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you Roger for taking the time to write a review and for the 5 star rating! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Last night, I ordered the Scallop Stuffed Main Lobster and it was PERFECT! So fresh, succulent, and the texture was divine! Last month I was in Boston, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Bar Harbor, Maine, and if I can just say, that Rumba's was BETTER than any of the lobster I had at any restaurant up North, BAR NONE (pun intended)!!! We dine here often - it is easily my favorite local restaurant and the service has always been friendly and punctual. It would be GREAT if you could open a restaurant in Palm Harbor...just saying.

Date of visit: September 2018
BaystarRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Rumba Island Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Glad you enjoyed our lobster! We appreciate the 5 star rating and review! We look forward to having you back soon!