Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Fun

Facility: clean, visually appealing. Location: poor, hard to find, surrounded by large messy... read more

Reviewed August 31, 2018
Brianna J
Good place

It is a good place to visit with my friends but some cars their are not in good shape it need to be... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2018
Saleh A
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Clearwater
from US$22.89
More Info
from US$40.00
More Info
All reviews go karts lap times a lot of fun great fun track races cars blast safety facility refreshments
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

It is a good place to visit with my friends but some cars their are not in good shape it need to be fixed

Reviewed September 2, 2018

A great place for a fun-filled afternoon with family and friends. Although out of the way, in an industrial section of town, the facility is clean and nicely maintained and very safety conscious, while allowing those racing to have fun. There are a variety of refreshments available along with some indoor games for those who do not partake, but, for those who race, it is a great place. Plenty of curves and one straightaway to test your driving skills in terms of passing your competitors and actual racing.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Facility: clean, visually appealing.
Location: poor, hard to find, surrounded by large messy business park.
Price: Mid-range, specials offered.
Race Duration: 16 laps each race for adults.
Track: good layout, safe.
Karts: fast, safe, slower options for younger kids.
Time: expect to wait in between each race, I would allow for at least 1-1.5 hours here.
Additional information: hygienic hoods and helmets are provided and worn by each participant. They print out your results after each race - offers a nice keepsake.
Suggestions: We usually call to confirm there aren't birthday parties going on when we plan to be there to avoid crowds.

We have visited Tampa Bay Grand Prix Clearwater for several years now during our annual vacation. The experience is enjoyed by all family members that participate.
The employees running the karting area are helpful and monitor each race.
The indoor waiting area is air-conditioned. However, the track is not. They open the doors to allow for some airflow but it can get quite hot in there during the day.
Every time we visit, the employees working behind the counter are not very friendly and appear judgmental, bored, and like they don't want to be there.
We will likely return just for the karting. I wish our experience with the indoor employees would improve.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Me and my grandson raced 3 races I was tired after that what a work out and a lot of fun and we will go back again

Reviewed June 23, 2018

I took 6 people there that I had in from out of town. Paid $260 for three 16 lap races. Third race 1st lap some one spins out on a corner who was not with our group so we had 15 laps at snail speed. The young guy with Napoleon complex who they refer to as a manager was all but A manager! Right out of the gate he had a attitude and would not allow us to re run the race and also told me that he would not issue use a refund not even for one 16 lap race. So in my opinion we did not receive what we paid for. There were to other couples that were on the track with us that also felt they were ripped off and were trying to get a refund and were declined!

5  Thank flcaptainchris
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

First time at this facility and it was a fantastic experience. We have karted at many tracks all around the country and this experience was a blast. Staff was helpful, informative and maintained control of each race. The track is not difficult, but enjoyable as the karts do produce some decent speeds. We’ll return soon

2  Thank dafacct
Reviewed May 22, 2018

what a great time, good deal three races of 13 laps for 40.00 went to the Tampa Bay location. Staff was friendly, electric go-karts were fast and races were long. they have slower cars for smaller children. The older kids or adults will love the race course. They give you prints out on each race and lap times and where you finished. a lot of fun took about 2 hours to finish.

2  Thank Scott M
Reviewed April 5, 2018

These people do not want to be working at this place. That was obvious from the moment we walked in. I felt like they hated me personally for some reason but then I found out they were treating everyone in my group the same rude way. Nobody smiled. They were all VERY RUDE! We had a large group of ten people and you would think they would appreciate making $400 off us but it was pretty clear they did not want us there. They charged us an extra five dollars per person over and above the already expensive rate for some waiver fee which they never made me aware of until I got there. Then on our first race they stopped the race literally 7 or 8 times because they said people were bumping other people which was ridiculous. They were just trying to make us as miserable as they so evidently were. My friend was so upset he got out of his go kart and went home in the middle of the first race. They told me they would refund me his money but when it came time to get my refund they only refunded $17 of the $40+ I paid for him. My daughter came in to race the minute my friend left but instead of letting her take his place on the next race they charged me full price for her even though she missed the first race. If they would have just let her take his spot it could have saved me $30 but It's all about the money with these people. I would steer clear of this place!!

4  Thank mike2burg
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic! Fast! Fun!
Our family with two teen girls were looking for some fun on a cold weather day and found it at the Grand Prix!
Grandparents enjoyed watching us race as well so fun for whole family!
Very clean. Offers food and snacks. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Will be back!

1  Thank lisanN4076RG
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Cool lobby and fast carts. Much faster then I expected. Arms will be a little sore after 5 laps. Staff was friendly and they let you drive hard.

1  Thank Teakwo23