“Stay Away!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Interstate 275
Description: Kingfish Grill and Tap House is a new restaurant located next to Ramada Clearwater Airport. Kingfish Grill offers fin dining in a casual setting, all of the food is made to order and everything is fresh. Kingfish Grill and Tap House is known for being the 2012 winner of the Taste of Clearwater. We offer daily happy hour from 3pm to 7pm and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Reviewed October 22, 2014

Poor greeting, service even worse, restaurant changing hands so stay away. Upon arrival we were told by our waiter that he had to go out for Red Bull or we would not be happy....no joke!!! He returned to inform us that most of the reasonably priced wines had been replaced....you guessed it, with more expensive wines; so instead of $8 per glass they were $11 - $12. And it only got worse from there.

1  Thank Donald R

Reviewed October 16, 2014 via mobile

Abby the hostess was so very sweet. Wanted to make sure I was taken care of - a refreshing attitude after walking out if the Chop shop across the street for lack of service.

Then James Beaver was the bartender who served me at the bar (to eat). Extremely helpful with good suggestions and making sure I was happy and food was right.
I wanted light fare as it had gotten late. 3 fish tacos with Asian slaw and potato wedges. Ohhh yum !!

I will be back - while typing this the mgr stopped by to check my dinner. That topped it off - can't get better!

Go - extensive menu - fresh fish looked great and steaks were top quality - even burgers and sandwiches - you WONT be sorry!!!
I promise

Reviewed October 12, 2014

My party of three came for dinner when the restaurant was about half-full. The waiter told us they were understaffed but assured that everything was okay. After receiving our drinks and giving our meal orders, we waited and waited. When we asked about our meals, we were told that they would be "coming soon." Finally, after 30-40 minutes, we asked the waiter about our meals. He said they "were in process." It was apparent that they had not even started making them. We asked for the bill for what had been served and that came at once. No apology whatsoever was given.

Reviewed October 11, 2014

It's always a pleasure to find a place in your travels that the locals hang out at and return to. This place has a good menu, open ambiance and decent service. The fresh bread and olive butter was excellent and the fish was perfectly cooked. I also found the prices to be reasonable. Perhaps the plating of the food could be improved but the quality was very good. I also found the kalamata olive taste to be repetitive in the dishes but certainly was delicious. The place looks a bit lived in and perhaps it time to update the decor to attract new customers. Overall, this is restaurant I will be returning to.

Reviewed September 22, 2014

Fresh fish, not frozen (as a rule). Tasty side dishes. Full bar. Decent service. We've been there several times and service is fairly consistent. More than once or twice our waiter disappeared and the reason I remember that is my vodka tonic sat empty for about 20 minutes until refreshed (on more than one occasion). But I return because they have my favorite fish & chips dish in all of Tampa Bay. They do a teriyaki cole slaw that's a twist from the traditional and is somewhat unique.

Despite the spotty service, we keep going back because it's in the neighborhood, and the food is not bad.